Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

What do you guys think?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sowned67

sowned67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168115
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

Ok

So i dropped my clubs off to have them pulled and re glued... and swing weight checked and loft lie...

thats it..

told the guy i wanted to know everything was balanced or close to it...

now

all my irons had some cheap lamkin grips i got for 3 bucks each...
my 2 iron i bought off ebay had a Icomic grip that i liked... didnt match the rest of the set...

but i liked it none the less...

now i picked my clubs up today... guy charged me for cleaning... sure my clubs where a bit dirty but whatever thats not my big issue...

so they took off my Icomic grip and replaced it with the Cheap Lamkin one that i have on the rest of the set and he also sanded down he ferruels and you can see he scratched the hosel's when he did it... and ferruels are a sanded finish...

i had a gift card from a golf tournament for this store... thought it would be a good opportunity to use it...

what should i do...

i would be absolutely pissed if these where new clubs... but they are a older set of mp32s with some kbs shaffts... some what beat up but still shine like new...

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Another80

Another80

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 196776
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

I think you should take them back and make him fix them...not sure about the grip (I wouldn't ever expect someone to give me a grip when I didn't ask), but I've never been charged for cleaning before and I certainly would be upset if someone scratched up my clubs. In addition, any place that doesn't know to put a bit of acetone on a ferrule to clean it up would make me super nervous.

#3 robert horneman

robert horneman

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 785 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108779
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Just curious,
What kind of store was this? I assume a professional clubmaker did NOT do the work. If you went to Golfsmith , Dicks Sporting Goods or PGA Superstore, chances are you got someone who has had no training or experience.
I would take them back and find out who did the work and if the individual is not a professional   clubmaker. I would insist that they give your money back and then find someone who knows what they are doing. You should be able to find a professional clubmaker in your area.
They CHARGED you for cleaning!! What a deal.

#4 Gripit_Swiftit

Gripit_Swiftit

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135692
GolfWRX Likes : 148

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

I bet he already has the Iomic on one of his clubs.

Sounds like a bad deal.  I would certainly go back and ask for some answers.
RFE, 'Ahina 80X
Xhot Pro, Ahina 80X
Adams 9031 18, Epic HyX
Bridgestone J40 CB, Tour Issue X100
Vokey SM5 50, 56, 60
Byron Morgan DH89 Custom

#5 lander215

lander215

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65964
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

Why did you even leave the store knowing they had done that?

#6 tmfool

tmfool

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58511
  • Handicap:4.1
GolfWRX Likes : 193

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

lot of questions

1st = why have your shafts pulled and re-glued?

unless you know who you're dealing with - exposing yourself to possibility something doesnt come back quite right

if everything is ok w/ my clubs -- probably not going to let somebody i dont know put on a torch on them

maybe i'm missing something?
Tour Preferred MB 3-PW Aerotech i110
MB 49* i110 & Ping Tour S 56/12 i125
Rescue TP 18* i110
UDI 15* i110
SLDR 430 12* - Speeder 57 X
JAT Proto

#7 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

BIG K

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,119 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
GolfWRX Likes : 1808

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

View Postlander215, on 21 November 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

Why did you even leave the store knowing they had done that?
+1

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin

#8 AGBear

AGBear

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171216
GolfWRX Likes : 100

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

What should you do? You should take your hand, ball it up into a fist, and punch the dude right in the teeth.

#9 R Hagan

R Hagan

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118170
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 123

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

View PostGripit_Swiftit, on 21 November 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

I bet he already has the Iomic on one of his clubs.

Sounds like a bad deal.  I would certainly go back and ask for some answers.

Absolutely.
Razr Fit 10.5
V-Steel 15*; MP Fli Hi 21* & 24*
MP-60 5-PW
XFT 52*, 56*, 60*
White Hot #8 Custom

#10 sowned67

sowned67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168115
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

Well i left the store cause i was in shock and like wtf... i had a gift card for that store... it wasnt golf town or golf smith kind of store... its a local golf shop thats been in business here for a long time... a bit more expensive but i assumed the guy would defianatly know what he was doing...

I had my clubs pulled and reglued cause i did it myself several times and they kept coming out... first time i did it no problem at all... i think the epoxy i had froze and was old so thats why they kept coming lose... so i thought it was a good chance to use my gift card...

So do i go back and tell them todo it again? or should i not even let this guy touch my clubs again...

i wish i hadnt paid yet... to be honest... but yea im not a happy customer...

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 Gripit_Swiftit

Gripit_Swiftit

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135692
GolfWRX Likes : 148

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

You should go back and explain what your expectations were and how you feel they were not met.  If he is a good businessman he will gladly redo them without you having to ask.

I am sure he thought he was doing you a favor by matching your grips and everything else he did.  What he didn't know was that you didn't want any of that.  Just explan exactly what you want.
RFE, 'Ahina 80X
Xhot Pro, Ahina 80X
Adams 9031 18, Epic HyX
Bridgestone J40 CB, Tour Issue X100
Vokey SM5 50, 56, 60
Byron Morgan DH89 Custom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors