Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Best membership courses with practice areas in the Southeast

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 fredyates

fredyates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212305
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

I'm going to be moving south around September 2013 to try and focus on my game full time. I'm trying to find my best option for a new home course somewhere in South Carolina, Georgia, or Florida. I'm looking for something with an extensive and high quality practice facility and challenging course to match. I'd prefer if it were not in a heavy tourist area such as Orlando or Myrtle Beach but that's just a "nice to have" not really a necessity.

What do you think are some of the best courses in the Southeast with memberships, that have great practice facilities?

As a benchmark, Reynold's Plantation is the type of place I'm looking for. The only problem with RP is that I believe you have to own a home there to gain access to the courses, and I'm not looking to buy a home.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 crazy8golfer

crazy8golfer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208081
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Reynolds Plantation has been having finicial issues and was just sold. Nice golf courses, but don't know of any pro type golfers working on their games in this area. Also, Cold Weather especially in Jan & Feb. You may want to look at the St.Simons area. A lot of great golfers moving to this area to work on their game,

#3 leadfoot_mf

leadfoot_mf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138024
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

being that you are from ct. dont worry about cold weather at rp  i play golf year round in atlanta and only missed one sunday in 2012 due to weather.

#4 fredyates

fredyates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212305
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

View Postleadfoot_mf, on 01 December 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

being that you are from ct. dont worry about cold weather at rp  i play golf year round in atlanta and only missed one sunday in 2012 due to weather.

Can I ask you about RP? Do you have to own property to get a membership there? Are the courses as good as they look? Do you have any opinions one way or the other about RP? I'm not wealthy by any means, so I can't afford any of the million dollar homes there but I could definitely swing some of the smaller homes and would be happy to do so if the place is worth it.

All I've seen about Reynold's is what's on their site, so I'd like to hear an outside opinion.

#5 leadfoot_mf

leadfoot_mf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138024

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

same as you just read about them form their site.   looks really nice.  cannongate golf in atlanta has multiple course access for members and heard its a decent deal.  http://www.canongategolf.com/  I just play the cheapest deal I can get for the day i want to play off golf now , golfzing or play18.  i suck at golf so it doesn't matter where i play lol

#6 HackerDave

HackerDave

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57404
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Berkeley Hall near Hilton Head has a nice setup.   Kyle Stanley is a member there and I know they have memberships available that do not include homeownership.

#7 Johnny Biarritz

Johnny Biarritz

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137765
  • Handicap:2

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

The PGA Golf Club facility in Port St. Lucie is top notch. I think there is a way to add in a total club membership for the 3 public courses, the 1 private course, and the Learning Center. The three public courses have all you could want in courses. The Learning Center is the best I have seen. Huge hitting area, 3 gigantic putting greens (one is probably 100 yards wide), a pitching area probably 75 yards deep in places, chipping green, practice fairway bunker, and 8 practice bunkers with different types of sand. It is likely somewhat modestly priced as well. Port St. Lucie is sort of a tourist area, but not too bad.

#8 mwmgolfx

mwmgolfx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 294277
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

Conditions on the PGA golf club in Port St. Lucie are marginal at best.  I was just there.  Practice area is great.  But conditions were terrible at best.  Almost unplayable.  Worst I've played on in years.

For a fantastic practice faciltiy, and public (no membership) try World woods.  Rated by many as top in country.  Courses not bad either.  I know of a number of pros that practice there.

#9 toms1090

toms1090

TOMS1090

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40223
  • Ebay ID:toms1090
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Mike Bender just opened his new facility in Orlando.  Ok course; but its Orlando, throw a rock youll hit a course.

http://www.mikebende...p-Programs.html

Nick Faldo's place is also here in Orlando.  That place looks great.

#10 Ridge

Ridge

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70382
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

Bear Lakes in West Palm Beach. It has the best collection of scratch players, including a lot of mini-tour and Nationwide players so the competition will test your game.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 Ocean30

Ocean30

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114701
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Bears Club in Jupiter,Medalist in Hobe Sound, or Bear Lakes in West Palm Beach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users