Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Reshafting Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stumblinhorse

stumblinhorse

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157179
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

I am reshafting some i15's with new shafts.  All other things equal, same grip and same length... I am taking out a shaft that is 108 grams (zz65) and replacing with a 120 gram shaft (C taper s).   What effect with it have on swing weight?  

I am guessing about +2 SW?  I am trying to get prepared with the right materials before I start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Stuart G.

Stuart G.

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,332 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174728
GolfWRX Likes : 603

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

The general estimate is 1 SW per 9 gms of shaft weight.  However, the actual center of gravity of the shaft can vary quite a bit between different shafts and that will have a huge effect on the end result (e.g. In one case, I got a heavier swing weight when going to a lighter shaft).    So there is no way to really predict what will happen.

#3 stumblinhorse

stumblinhorse

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

The local PGA SS has a selection of iron tip weights that they use.  I am going to have them weight each dry fit and then try to convince them to sell me the right size weight.

On a side note, the i15s took forever to get the epoxy to pop and release!  Is that because they use a hardware store epoxy and not shaft epoxy?  I was going to use just loctite epoxy,but if that is the result, I will get shaft epoxy!

#4 Howard Jones

Howard Jones

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100881
GolfWRX Likes : 442

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

Its just like Stuart G, says.

ONLY if balance point is the same, we can use the rule of 9 grams shaft weight = 1 SW point, but shafts is not equal on this so it can go both ways. KBS are butt heavy so they gives lower SW value than the same shaft weight in PX.
Dynamic Golf VS Dynamic Gold Super light is made so they give the same SW value even with 20 grams shaft weight difference.

Use the calc at Leaderboard is you dont have a SW scale
http://www.leaderboard.com/swingwt.htm

#5 Stuart G.

Stuart G.

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,332 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174728
GolfWRX Likes : 603

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:17 AM

On a side note, the i15s took forever to get the epoxy to pop and release!  Is that because they use a hardware store epoxy and not shaft epoxy?  I was going to use just loctite epoxy,but if that is the result, I will get shaft epoxy!

They do use a special epoxy, but I've never heard it equated to a generic hardware store epoxy.

#6 stumblinhorse

stumblinhorse

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

On the SW scale at the PGA store the result was that the c tapers had a lighter SW than the zz65s.  

I wonder what epoxy ping uses?  I hope that the stuff I used works as well! Is there a good way to test the bond? Short of hitting the new clubs?  I worry about having heads fly off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors