Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

closed clubface fixes my slice (iron)

slice

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 code012

code012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212285
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hi,

I'm a couple-month experienced newbie.
With my driver, I rarely have slice problem.
But with my iron (6 iron is my main practice club), I do get slice pretty often than not.

But then if I address the ball with closed clubface (about 35 degree?), ball flies straight.

What could be the cause of my slice problem?

Thank you for your inputs.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 SullGolf

SullGolf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205351
GolfWRX Likes : 1186

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

It means you are hitting the ball with an open club face relative to your path.  Closing the face at the start is just covering up the fault, not eliminating it.

Could be a number of things, but I believe the most common thing for new players is an over the top move caused by bringing the club too far inside during the takeaway.  I think doing the Slicefixer 9/3 drill (see the sticky post at the top of this forum) with some alignment sticks for the club path helps me a lot when I start doing this.

Also tagged with slice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors