Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Anyone been to Texas National lately?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jrsharp21

jrsharp21

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34619
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

If so, how is the course condition?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Txwedge

Txwedge

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 146359
  • Ebay ID:gbeau61
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

View Postjrsharp21, on 20 November 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

I played there this past summer & the greens were in good shape. The fairways were a little thin with some bare spots. I have read recent reviews & it is in pretty good shape all around. Back nine is more tree lined &
secluded w/ out houses. Cant spray tee shots here & greens are big if I remember. Good deals out there now.

#3 jrsharp21

jrsharp21

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

View PostTxwedge, on 21 November 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

I played there this past summer & the greens were in good shape. The fairways were a little thin with some bare spots. I have read recent reviews & it is in pretty good shape all around. Back nine is more tree lined &
secluded w/ out houses. Cant spray tee shots here & greens are big if I remember. Good deals out there now.

Good to know. We decided to head out to The Village this weekend but will definitely try to head out to Texas National in the next couple of weeks.

#4 Txwedge

Txwedge

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 146359
  • Ebay ID:gbeau61
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

View Postjrsharp21, on 21 November 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

View PostTxwedge, on 21 November 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

Good to know. We decided to head out to The Village this weekend but will definitely try to head out to Texas National in the next couple of weeks.
I miss Panoramas undulating fairways & greens, also tight fairways! greens are well sloped too.

#5 Fish-N-Chips

Fish-N-Chips

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137988
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Me & BasekballFrk8988 played both Texas National and The Village in the past month or so.

They're both in pretty solid condition considering the weather. Some of the better deals you can get in the Conroe area.

TM R1 TD2 Speeder TS 6.3
Nike Covert Tour 17* Wood
TM R9 TP B 4-PW
Bridgestone J33 56*
TM ATV 60*
Nike Method Mod 00 w/ SS Flatso Ultra

#6 baseballfrk8998

baseballfrk8998

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124978
GolfWRX Likes : 586

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostFish-N-Chips, on 13 January 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

Me & BasekballFrk8988 played both Texas National and The Village in the past month or so.

They're both in pretty solid condition considering the weather. Some of the better deals you can get in the Conroe area.

Agreed. Texas National isn't bad at all for the price. It's a fun course.

The Village is probably my favorite in the area for the price. They seem to keep it in really good shape as long as they're getting rain. When we go a bit without rain, so goes the course.
8.5* Tour Issue 07 Burner // PL Red 65x
14* SLDR // Speeder 8.3x
19* SLDR Resuce // Speeder 9.3s
RocketBladez Tour 4-PW // C-Taper
52* & 58* Callaway MD2 // S-300
Odyssey Metal X Milled #1

#7 RickKimbrell

RickKimbrell

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85054
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Nice to hear about Texas National.  Last time I played there (been 5 years ago or so), it was in horrible shape.  Going up in that direction, I just skipped it and went on to Raven's Nest.

#8 baseballfrk8998

baseballfrk8998

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

View PostRickKimbrell, on 24 January 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

Nice to hear about Texas National.  Last time I played there (been 5 years ago or so), it was in horrible shape.  Going up in that direction, I just skipped it and went on to Raven's Nest.

Honestly, that's still probably your best bet. While Texas National seems to be improving, I'd much rather play Raven Nest or The Village myself. You really know what you're going to get with those 2 courses.
14* SLDR // Speeder 8.3x

#9 jrsharp21

jrsharp21

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Played the second 9 today at The Village after work. The course is in horrible shape. The greens were non existent. Many of them were down to the dirt underneath. It was a shock because I played there a week before Xmas and it was in good shape. Sad to see it go to this shape that fast.

On the other hand, the Links at Westfork was in pretty decent shape. Opposite from when I played it over the summer.

#10 baseballfrk8998

baseballfrk8998

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

View Postjrsharp21, on 25 January 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

Played the second 9 today at The Village after work. The course is in horrible shape. The greens were non existent. Many of them were down to the dirt underneath. It was a shock because I played there a week before Xmas and it was in good shape. Sad to see it go to this shape that fast.

On the other hand, the Links at Westfork was in pretty decent shape. Opposite from when I played it over the summer.

It's really disappointing to hear that about The Village. It hasn't been bad at all the last 8-9 months. They had it in really good shape towards the latter end of the summer.

How were the greens at West Fork? I played there a few summers ago and it wasn't good. Of course, that was in the middle of that drought so not many courses were good. That course has a lot of promise under the right ownership.

14* SLDR // Speeder 8.3x

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 jrsharp21

jrsharp21

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

The greens at Westfork were in pretty decent shape. I think that course lays better in the winter than the summer. When I played there in the summer there was a lot of weeds in the fairways and it just felt like the whole course was just beat.

That course has a lot of potential but just needs someone to out money into it. First, that shack of a clubhouse needs to be demolished and a new one built.

#12 baseballfrk8998

baseballfrk8998

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

View Postjrsharp21, on 25 January 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

The greens at Westfork were in pretty decent shape. I think that course lays better in the winter than the summer. When I played there in the summer there was a lot of weeds in the fairways and it just felt like the whole course was just beat.

That course has a lot of potential but just needs someone to out money into it. First, that shack of a clubhouse needs to be demolished and a new one built.

Hahaha I couldn't agree more about the clubhouse.

In the summer I don't think they can afford to water much at all. I really think that's their biggest problem..
14* SLDR // Speeder 8.3x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors