Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Trapping Ball Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Invincentble

Invincentble

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125443
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

made a major swing change with tips from this board and I have gotten a bit too technical with the swing. But here goes.

My former swing was a very flat backswing that went below the plane and somehow I managed to come down on plane.

I have worked on a very steep backswing and the majority of my hits are trapping the ball. On video I can see the club face shut at 11 o oclock to even 9 o clock on the downswing. On the backswing the face is perpendicular to the ground.

Anyone have tips on a what I am doing. Ill try to post video later but hoping for a quick fix before I head to course today.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 MatthewNGolf

MatthewNGolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 187260
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

Keep your right elbow pointed at your right hip the whole backswing.

#3 Invincentble

Invincentble

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125443
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostMatthewNGolf, on 20 November 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

I have worked on that but seems in doing that the backswing gets a little laid off but Ill really emphasize it today. Did you mean backswing and downswing?

Edited by Invincentble, 20 November 2012 - 11:46 AM.

#4 MatthewNGolf

MatthewNGolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 187260
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

View PostInvincentble, on 20 November 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

View PostMatthewNGolf, on 20 November 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

I have worked on that but seems in doing that the backswing gets a little laid off but Ill really emphasize it today. Did you mean backswing and downswing?

If you're doing it the right way, you shouldn't be laid off. Generally, you're supposed to do it for both yes, but I don't know what your swing looks like. You may not have a downswing issue if you fix the backswing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors