Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

I am done using ebay update 11/21

55 replies to this topic

#31 chiphunt

chiphunt

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147307
  • Ebay ID:chiphunt1
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

5 negative feedbacks in 6 months on 70 transactions is terrible. That said you can sell that for $80 in a heartbeat.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 Stinger82

Stinger82

Major Winner

• BST Volunteer Mods
  • 3,070 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82167
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 250

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

View Postthevaporz, on 20 November 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

How was it shipped? I mostly have experience with USPS only and they do not accept packages with anything other than clear packing tape. Was the package insured? I'm pretty sure USPS would reject that package on sight and tell the shipper to upgrade their packaging before accepting it for delivery.

That isn't true at all. I have received plenty of packages usps with duct tape on them and I have even used it a couple times. In fact I once received a club from a member here and the ENTIRE BOX was duct taped! It looked horrible but was really a good idea when u think about it
TM R1 w/ Fubuki Alpha
Adams XTD ti 14.5 w/ red tie
TM RBZ stage 2 w/ black tie
Titleist AP2 4-GW w/ dgs300
Bettinardi studio stock 5
Vokey TVD M 54* & Scratch DW 58*

#33 enduro

enduro

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26249
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

The club doesn't doesn't look horrible, not what I'd consider  " like new " condition though. The tiny blemish on the topline was visible in the ad and first time the driver is hit the bottom will look like that anyways. For $77 the club is in better condition than I would expect it to be, the packaging was pathetic.

Just sell the club if you're not happy with it, not worth the hassles dealing with  trying to getting a refund on Ebay
Jetpeed 9.5/Kai'li
Callaway XHP 3w
Ping i15 5w
Cobra Amp Cell 3/4 - Kuro Kage 80
NikeVR 55, CallawyGW, Yes Laura
Mizuno MP52 4-pw/ Project X

#34 PZero

PZero

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129810
  • Handicap:1.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1305

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

I've seen worse. I saw a post on TCC from a guy that ordered a putter and it showed up with wrapping paper around the putter. No box, nothing to protect, just wrapped up by some lazy person.
R11S 10.5 Whiteboad 63S
TEE XCG7 15
TM R9 19
Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
Vokey 50, TVD 56
Studio Select Newport

#35 mac94

mac94

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25038
GolfWRX Likes : 247

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

It probably took him two weeks just to cobble that packaging together.

#36 thevaporz

thevaporz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151963
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

I must have some picky postal workers, as both of the closest locations to me have informed me that I needed clear packing tape (not necessarily their overpriced USPS brand) after I tried to use blue masking tape. Maybe because the durability isn't as good as packing tape. Not a big deal.

It's surprising the post office accepted such poor packaging in the first place. I mean, maybe it didn't look like that when the seller brought it in but the buyer is lucky the shaft isn't broken!

Def. leave negative feedback for poor communication, not shipping Priority and terrible packaging! It doesn't have to look pretty but c'mon, man!

#37 Fourmyle of Ceres

Fourmyle of Ceres

Hall of Fame

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58909
GolfWRX Likes : 1384

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

I saw an acoustic guitar once that had been shipped cross-country by USPS "packed", as it were, by simply wrapping a few loops of masking tape around the guitar case and sticking an address label on it. And this was an instrument selling for several hundred dollars. It got there intact, go figure!

#38 LBlack14

LBlack14

Say it to my face!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,789 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30664
  • Ebay ID:LBlack14
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

DOOSH BAG!

#39 lander215

lander215

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65964
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

View Postthevaporz, on 20 November 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

I must have some picky postal workers, as both of the closest locations to me have informed me that I needed clear packing tape (not necessarily their overpriced USPS brand) after I tried to use blue masking tape. Maybe because the durability isn't as good as packing tape. Not a big deal.

It's surprising the post office accepted such poor packaging in the first place. I mean, maybe it didn't look like that when the seller brought it in but the buyer is lucky the shaft isn't broken!

Def. leave negative feedback for poor communication, not shipping Priority and terrible packaging! It doesn't have to look pretty but c'mon, man!

Probably because masking tape can be removed and replaced without anyone knowing and the contents taken quite easily.

#40 geauxWRX

geauxWRX

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90886
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

Got this email from the seller after I sent the pictures to him and ebay :

those pictures are a joke, you hold the camera 1 inch from the club head, with the light behind . . .hilarious . . . just another idiot on ebay with buyers remorse . . . the box being ripped would not affect the head, there is no shipping damage as you say. The club is as described, all you had to do is look at the pics. funny as hell . . . . either way, you've been entertaining . . .

I'm at 1624 lookout circle, waxhaw nc 29173 . . . look me up on google maps, yep its a million dollar home . . . people like you . . . . pathetic.

Who would ever say anything like this?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#41 lander215

lander215

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65964
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

See....now I'd dispute the purchase through eBay and get this idiot to refund your shipping costs. I'd keep the club though as it's a good price for it.

And don't forget to leave negative feedback.

Edited by lander215, 21 November 2012 - 09:24 AM.

#42 Boogaloo_Jones

Boogaloo_Jones

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

• 4,836 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83989
  • Handicap:17.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1043

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

View Postdplambert1, on 21 November 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

those pictures are a joke, you hold the camera 1 inch from the club head, with the light behind . . .hilarious . . . just another idiot on ebay with buyers remorse . . . the box being ripped would not affect the head, there is no shipping damage as you say. The club is as described, all you had to do is look at the pics. funny as hell . . . . either way, you've been entertaining . . .

I'm at 1624 lookout circle, waxhaw nc 29173 . . . look me up on google maps, yep its a million dollar home . . . people like you . . . . pathetic.

When people have to say this...you have two options...shake your head or facepalm.

If he had a million dollar home, he couldnt spare an extra 10 bucks for a proper box?  Thats pathetic.

#43 jabroni23

jabroni23

I understand the way this game is played....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76647
  • Ebay ID:jabroni231
GolfWRX Likes : 94

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

I was going to say to let it go, but since he's obviously a huge ahole and clearly related to jesusrocks, go after him.  It's one thing if you unintentionally upset someone, it's another thing to be a ****** about it and brag about having money???
Cobra Bio Cell Pro w/ PXv Tour 52 6.5
Callaway X Hot Pro 15* w/ Matrix Code 8x
Nike VR Pro LE 19* 5W w/ Kuro Kage 80x
Mizuno MP H4 4-PW w/ True Temper DG X100
Mizuno MP-R12 50*,54*,60* w/ DG X100
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Laguna 2

#44 chiphunt

chiphunt

• 160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147307
  • Ebay ID:chiphunt1
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

If you leave him negative feedback that will be 6 negatives in about 70 transactions. It's getting to the point people are not going to buy from him at all.

#45 SHIVAN

SHIVAN

Major Winner

• 3,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113964
GolfWRX Likes : 456

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

Who?  The kid of the guy who owns the house, that's typically who.

http://www.zillow.co.../71407717_zpid/

Looks like whomever lives there right now bought it off a foreclosure sale, for $702k.  WhoopieDoo....

Edited by SHIVAN, 21 November 2012 - 10:39 AM.

#46 slim16er

slim16er

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49202
  • Ebay ID:slim16er
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

If I were you and got that e-mail from him I'd be fuming...then I'd take a step back and take a deep breath, look at my kids, my family, my house, my dog and think - I'm better off than this guy anyway.  I would never want to live my life bragging about my money/home/golf equip.

Side note - I would not be surprised if it was some kid and that's his parents house.

Edited by slim16er, 21 November 2012 - 10:35 AM.

#47 KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,715 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 161101
GolfWRX Likes : 638

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

I was not aware you could file a PP/EB dispute for just the shipping charges, I thought it was for a full refund if the dispute was found in your favor or partial refund if the seller agrees.

#48 Gripit_Swiftit

Gripit_Swiftit

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135692
GolfWRX Likes : 148

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

"I'm at 1624 lookout circle, waxhaw nc 29173 . . . look me up on google maps, yep its a million dollar home . . . people like you . . . . pathetic."

Then why is he bothering to sell $80 drivers on eBay???  And willing to fight about it.
RFE, 'Ahina 80X
3Deep, Nunchuk
Adams 9031 18, Epic HyX
Bridgestone J40 CB, Tour Issue X100
Byron Morgan DH89
Vokey SM5's

#49 Pudgelewis

Pudgelewis

<><

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83757
  • Ebay ID:Pudgelewis
GolfWRX Likes : 174

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Yeah, that sounds just like something JesusRocks would say.  Someone that proud about their big house would never send something in a package like that.

He might have a point about the pictures...if he hadn't said it looked like new or whatever it was he told you when you asked.

Pathetic.  Just keep the club and leave negative feedback unless you just really don't want it.

Edited by Pudgelewis, 21 November 2012 - 02:16 PM.

#50 irishiain

irishiain

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55014
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Haha if you google "1624 lookout circle, waxhaw nc 29173" the first result is this thread.

Pretty funny, also quite nearby to me.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#51 Fourmyle of Ceres

Fourmyle of Ceres

Hall of Fame

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58909
GolfWRX Likes : 1384

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

He's actually giving you the address of the previous buyer to leave him negative feedback. He's hoping you'll go ring the dude's doorbell and punch him in the face so hard he poops teeth.

#52 RJRJRJ

RJRJRJ

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106301
GolfWRX Likes : 1135

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostSHIVAN, on 21 November 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

Looks like whomever lives there right now bought it off a foreclosure sale, for $702k.  WhoopieDoo....

You looked up the wrong address.

1624 is owned by SEAN & STEPHANIE MCCASKILL.
Im guessing the seller of the driver neither of them.  Most likely their douchebag kid.

Edited by RJRJRJ, 21 November 2012 - 05:57 PM.

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

#53 spoonhead

spoonhead

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57509
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

He has to be an easily distracted teenager.  I can imagine when he was "packing" the driver he was looking out the window at a squirrel or something.
What a wanker.  
  Don't give him the power to annoy you, just decide what you are going to do and go ahead.  You don't need the stress, but on the other hand it has the potential to become a classic barn burner!  :)

#54 SlowMotion

SlowMotion

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 210309
  • Ebay ID:jmjudd02
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

Just received 2 putters from a member here. Was in a sturdy rectangular box with both the heads covered in newspaper and secured so the wouldn't move around. It probably took him all of 5 minutes. There is no excuse for that kind packing job.

#55 kente66

kente66

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65900
  • Ebay ID:kente66
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

You just have to ask yourself "What's my time worth?', then start factoring in the paypal claims, possible return, and time spent thinking of ways to get back at this troll.

Leave negative feedback to warn others, then move on.....with a good deal on a nice driver.

#56 SHIVAN

SHIVAN

Major Winner

• 3,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113964
GolfWRX Likes : 456

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

View PostRJRJRJ, on 21 November 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

View PostSHIVAN, on 21 November 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

You looked up the wrong address.

1624 is owned by SEAN &amp; STEPHANIE MCCASKILL.
Im guessing the seller of the driver neither of them.  Most likely their douchebag kid.

http://www.zillow.co.../63670620_zpid/

Oops, looks like they are trying to sell 1624, for two, or more years.  No takers at $1M, ....so I guess it's not really a $1m house after all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors