Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Custom Shop Oil Can Mist Finish?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jdweaver

jdweaver

Except for the speed and the direction, that was a great putt

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184690
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Anyone have any experience with the new oil can mist finish? Recently picked up an Oil Can NP2 after trading my original one in for a Futura back in the day ( regret it everyday).  I want to send it in to refinish it. Is the original oil can finish available on a resto? Is the mist finish lower maintenance?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 jmac13

jmac13

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55800
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

I don't have experience with it, but have researched it to possibly send mine back.

The OC mist is a $50 up charge basically to bead blast the head before the oil can finish. The maintenance will be the same as the original finish as it is not a plating over the carbon head. And, yes you can have the original OC finish applied and there is no up charge on the restoration price.

Personally, I decided the plum brown finish that I applied looks a lot like the OC mist finish and about $200 cheaper. The head on mine was in really good shape and I was afraid send it back because I may have lost a lot of the mill chatter. If its a gamer and just needs a finish, but not a lot of buffing, I'd go with the Birchwood Casey plum brown.

Edited by jmac13, 20 November 2012 - 01:05 AM.

#3 jdweaver

jdweaver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

So the difference boils down to the mist finish being more of a matte the the original? Is this just to cut down on glare?

#4 jmac13

jmac13

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55800
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Yes, that is my understanding.

#5 jdweaver

jdweaver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Awesome. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

#6 jdweaver

jdweaver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

You mentioned something about losing the mill chatter. What is that exactly? I was under the impression that a restoration including re-milling the face.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors