Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

The " I once drove a golf ball on ....... ! " thread

48 replies to this topic

#31 LObin

LObin

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109732
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

View Postrolltiderjyh, on 20 November 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

Not my shot, but I was playing with my brother and my dad on medium length par 3. Brother steps up to the tee with my dad directly behind him, sitting in a cart. Brother hits hosel rocket which proceeds to hit and shatter the top of the ball washer, then ricochet to hit my dad in the face. No injuries, and the funniest thing I have ever seen. Ironically, 3 or 4 years later I hit a hole in one on that same hole, lots of interesting memories there!

I'm seriously dying of laughter !  This thread is much funnier than what I had imagined !!

Edited by LObin, 20 November 2012 - 09:33 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 jotay21

jotay21

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74949
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

My best bad tee shot ever actually resulted in a hole in one.  Here in columbia SC at a course called northwoods.  Teeing off on #9, I am the last to hit in our 4some as I had doubled the previous hole.  Well, I wait my turn, tee the ball up and take a good swing at it.  Dead right push, damn near a whiff.  Anyway, the ball hits a tree that is about 40yds in front of us on the right side of the fairway.  Bounces all the way back to the cart path, takes a big hop and lands on 8's green.  Rolled more true than any putt I have ever hit right into the bottom of the cup.  best part was the two guys on the green behind us watching this unfold.  To this day, it is my one and only hole in one.

#33 Woogie

Woogie

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168177
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostMtlJeff, on 19 November 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

I didn't do it, but the funniest thing i've ever seen was a guy drive the ball into a wooden tee marker, and then have the ball shoot 20 yds behind the tee box which was actually forest. The guy went in the woods and played the ball from there and was hitting 4 by the time he actually got it back to the tee box.

I've driven the ball about 10yds away from where a guy was getting a police beating aswell. I was playing a course up north and a guy had been pulled over in a stolen car next to the 8th hole. My drive landed about 10yds from there this was happening and we had to wait for the green to clear. I just stood there and watched the police restrain this guy as he was resisting arrest. Pretty funny.

This kind of happened to me a few years back. I hit my tee shot and sliced it OB. I was very frustrated and let it get to me. My next shot hit a tee marker on the ladies tee box and shot back 10 yards behind my tees.  So, there I was hitting 4, 10 yards from where I started. Pretty embarrassing, but at that point I had to laugh.  My buddy has never let me forget about it.

I also hit a duck once in a high school golf tournament. I really felt bad about this one.

#34 Sean2

Sean2

Wait...what?

• 18,005 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 4427

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Off the tee I hit a train that was running along side the fairway and the ball karoomed back into the fairway. The engineer yelled, "I'll be back same time tomorrow!"
Hey...be nice.

#35 MinnesotaGolfer

MinnesotaGolfer

Vengeance Falls

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 190772
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

View PostSean2, on 22 November 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

Off the tee I hit a train that was running along side the fairway and the ball karoomed back into the fairway. The engineer yelled, "I'll be back same time tomorrow!"
Posted Image

Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5*
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*
Callaway RAZR Fit 18*
Adams A7 5-PW
Ping Tour S 52,56,60
Odyssey Versa #7

#36 Timanator

Timanator

SFClone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71372
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 146

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

last Xmas, I Sliced a driver in to 40 mph head wind over an apartment. Then someone ran out after us, turned out I broke his windshield as he was driving through the apartments.

My boss's home course, he sliced 3 shots towards the same house, when we got there, they guy pointed 2 of the balls to us in his back yard. Then he asked did you hit a third? My boss said yeah, the guy said: That one hit my truck in the driveway.
Ping Anser 9.5 Ahina 70-S
Adams Super S 2H 17 degrees, Kujoh-S
Ping I20 3-PW KBS Tour-S
Ping Tour W 52/Mizuno 56T10
Odyssey Versa 7

#37 360_CS

360_CS

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83083
GolfWRX Likes : 211

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

A house, airport car park, and once nearly hit an airplane

Edited by 360_CS, 22 November 2012 - 11:40 PM.

#38 rainkingjr

rainkingjr

Major Winner

• 1,183 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52783
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

In my early 20's, I was playing with my best friend and another friend we took to an executive course for his first time out. It was funny enough watching him swing and miss 14 times in a row each hole, but the best was when he emerged from the bushes behind a green that my best friend was pitching on to. My best friend hit it a little strong and flew the green smacking my other friend square in the forehead as he stepped onto the fringe. Once we realized he was okay, we lost it. I mean it was dead center. Sounded like a ball hitting a cart path.

Edited by rainkingjr, 26 November 2012 - 03:28 AM.

#39 kg92lefty

kg92lefty

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124960
GolfWRX Likes : 152

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

My buddy hit the same car cover in an apartment complex every third round or so, it was ~320 yards out and 50 yards left of the fairway. Loudest crash ever and too funny. No damage luckily.

#40 Mulligan26

Mulligan26

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28075
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

Earlier this year I was playing my old home course with two tourists (father and son). One 1 tee the father and I both hit the fairway and the son slices his over to ten fairway. Father and I head to our fairway to wait for the son to layup in the proper fairway. There's a couple of geese about 5 yards in front of this kid and he proceeds to skull one right into this poor goose's dome killing him instantly. I haven't laughed harder on a course since

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#41 profsmitty

profsmitty

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 2,572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20611

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

Reading this thread, I feel like a little kid, covering his eyes with his hands to avoid seeing the scary stuff in a movie. And then, peeking through his fingers so he wouldn't miss anything.

If this thread has any redeeming value, it might be to remind us how much damage a struck ball can do. Most of the shots described here are totally accidental. However, it is probably very little comfort to an elderly man whose wife was struck by an errant shot, to a person whose windshield was broken in the driveway of his house, the contractor who had to replace an expensive door because no one was willing to "man up" and take responsibility for their acts that these shots were "accidental". The damage was real, and the pain was real, the cost was real.

We all have our "struck ball" stories. They probably do have funny aspects. But, from the other side of the windshield, from the receiving end of the bruise, and the other side of the checkbook, they were probably not quite as amusing. Might be worth keeping the fiscal and physical pain we are capable of inflicting the next time we allow an intoxicated friend hit a guided missile downrange, when a ball is responsible for doing damage to someone's property and no one is around to see who did it, and the next time we nearly miss decapitating an innocent animal.

Now, back to the hilarity.

#42 FrankfurtDave

FrankfurtDave

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147845
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

My two stories are basically the same and both were my Uncle. I first tried playing the game as a kid with my Uncle and being a priest he would often use the dog collar as a way to get to play private courses in the area.

The first time the head pro said we could play but he wanted to see us hit the first tee shot to make sure we were basically good enough. My uncle goes up first and sliced one that managed to go through a small greenhouse window about 200 yards down the fairway. Thing was the pro just p*ssed himself laughing which made my shot easier.

Second time was similiar but we were let on and teed up with a pair of members. My Uncle went up and hit one off the first tee that pretty much went straight 20 yards forward and 100 yards left (no idea how), it missed a couple eating on the terrace and smashed the restaurant/bar window. Club member and friend went as white as a sheet and never really recovered for rest of round.

First window they laughed off and would not take money for as it was a crappy old greenhouse, second window my uncle naturally paid for :-)

Guess this embarassment as a kid was one major reason why I stopped playing for 25 years and only started again last year. Wish I could get back those lost years now though

#43 GL3L

GL3L

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126293
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

I was in Ireland for a 3 days competition between friends.
The night before the competition at Ballybunion - Old Course I spent 2 hours studying the course hole by hole, in order to prepare my strategy.
Next day on the first tee I was really confident:
STRATEGY -->a gentle draw with a 3 wood to leave a pw or 9i for the center of the green....
REALITY -->  shank -> ball in the GRAVEYARD -> bounce on a grave stone -> ball in the street -> friends almost laughed to death

From that day I am the guy who drove on Old Tom Morris' Grave.....I secretly hope I'm not the only one

Posted Image

Edited by GL3L, 23 November 2012 - 12:07 PM.

#44 Turbs

Turbs

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50814
  • Ebay ID:Turbo7337
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

A very good friend of mine used to be the super at a nice 9 hole course up in our inter lake area earlier in his career, he always hosted the boys get together and on one ocasion I got there early and he and i and a couple of the local girls were trying to redo the shot off the Satalite dish on his cottage (from the TV comercials David Tomms I think???).
So the 4 of us are about 25 yards away from his cabin, and we have had many cold libations, and after many shots had cleared the roof of his cabin we realised that "hey what are we hitting on the other side of the cabin?'"  thats was where we had parked our cars....

luckily not one of the 4 cars had a dent, so we moved the cars out of the way... 1st shot after we had moved the cars, my buddyproceeded to bladed his wedge through his cabin window..
Game over!!

We had the best time up there....

cheers.

#45 willie54

willie54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 191090
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

A friend and I drove balls from the front yard of his fraternity house over a road, a parking lot, a four or five story dorm and onto the quad.

#46 Nelson A

Nelson A

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123446
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

I once was mad and did a happy gilmore shot on to the  next tee. felt sick after that :swoon:

#47 jastroud

jastroud

I AM the danger...

• 261 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5120
  • Ebay ID:stroud72801
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

This...Grayhawk in Arizona and I wasn't about to climb up there and get it back.

Posted Image
Talormade R1 RIP Stiff
Taylormade TP MC 3-PW KBS Tour S
RAC Fe203 Cutters 56 & 60
Yes Callie

#48 tekman

tekman

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104098
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

My uncle's company was sponsoring some charity golf event and he had the honor of teeing off with the honorary chairperson, Nancy Lopez.  There was a hospitality tent to the left of the first Tee, filled with people.  It was behind him and a little to his left as he was teeing off.  He was so nervous playing in the same group as Nancy that when he swung the club, he hit the far side of the ball with the back of the club and the ball shot straight through his legs right at the tent.  People shot out of the way as the ball took a bee line straight towards them.  30 people were clammoring to get out of the way as the ball hit some chairs and started bouncing back and forth around between them.

Nancy and the crowd laughed so hard that they had to wait a few minutes for everythiing to settle down for him to hit again.  He shanked his next shot!

#49 Senna

Senna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208351
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

I hit an ice-cream van in a car park, hit a bird (it didn't make it) and my own shin bone, that was sore and stupid.

When we started playing a mate teed up too close to a concrete marker, drove the ball straight into it, the ball shot back and hit him square in the stomach. He dropped to the ground and so did all of us with laughter.  He was fine, but we all reckoned we could see "Titliest" imprinted on his stomach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors