Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 6 votes

Taylormade Rocketbladez vs Taylormade MC: Comparison pictures and quick review

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#1 Caesar Palache

Caesar Palache

So I got that going for me, which is nice

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,560 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 182718
  • Handicap:+0.2
GolfWRX Likes : 501

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

My shop was lucky enough to get the Rocketbladez delivered quite early and they came in today around 2pm. First thing I did was cut the box open and take them down to the range for a quick demo.

A little background on myself, I'm a 2.8 handicap but that doesn't mean I don't shoot 80 every few weeks, and I’m 5'6" with spikes on. Meaning I do not hit the ball far nor do I try to, I hit it straight. That being said my 7 iron is a 165 max club, meaning I pull the 7 iron out on 155-165 yard shots.  I play Taylormade MC 4-PW irons with KBS C-Taper stiff shafts.

Today in Virginia it was a cool 50 degrees tops, and the wind was a slight breeze straight into my face. I expected to be hitting my 7 iron around 155 since it was cool, into the wind, and I hadn't swung the club in a week. I took out the range finder and found a spot on the range that was exactly 165 from one of the flags. Each MC 7 iron I hit was coming up around 5-10 yards short of the flag I was aiming for (155-160 yards). Then I pulled out the Rocketbladez...

First shot went up, and kept going up, and continued to go up until it came down a good 5 paces beyond the 165 yard flag. The ball goes high.  As I mentioned before I was hitting into the breeze so you assume the ball would balloon up into to, except this ball didn't balloon.  It cut right through the wind as if nothing was there and then came down soft at about 170 yards.  My thoughts were maybe I nutted it.  Took another swing and what do you know, the ball goes up and up and flies the 165 yard flag with ease as if its a calm sunny 77 degree day.  I hit about 10 balls with the Rocketbladez 7 iron and 9 of the 10 carried the 165 yard flag.  Did I mention the ball went high?  Now the stock shaft is lighter then what I am accustomed to and because of this I missed a few left of the flag, and hung a few right when I was trying not to "snap" it left.  If I drew a line from the far left ball to the far right ball, 9 of the 10 balls would have been within 3 paces of the line.  I hit some thin, it some flush, pulled some, pushed some, even nearly hozeled one (the heal shot went dead straight about 160, still carrying past my MC 7 iron on this chilly day). Needless to say I was quite impressed.  I flew the Rocketbladez iron on average 10-15 yards further then my MC 7 iron.  It was a hard day to get a clear picture on how far these irons would go since it was cold and windy, but I have no doubt these added at least a club to a club and a half more distance.

Now for more of a detailed review.

Looks:
First things first, I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the package up and pulled the 7 iron out. My first thoughts, this DOES NOT look like the rocketballz of last year, these look darn good.  Pictures do not do these clubs justice, these look great.  Coming from a guy who plays the TM MC, a players club, I could easily game the Rocketbladez iron. I thought for sure I would have to go with the Tour version since it was more the players club, but these fit the eye more then you'd expect.  The thin sole was a very nice suprise. Think Taylormade CB meets Burner 2.0.  A thicker top line then a players club, but not as much offset, as you would expect.  The 4 and 5 iron were obviously the most "Game Improvement" looking of the irons. 4-5 iron the heads seemed much bigger then my MC heads, 6-8 seemed only a touch larger, and 9-AW look like a players club.

Feel/Sound:
They said these clubs would feel as good as a non-forged club could feel, and yes these clubs did feel fairly good.  This coming from a guy who thinks the MC irons are as good as it gets (without flushing a blade of course).  There is nothing quite like flushing a blade, or in my case flushing my MC iron.  In my mind it literally sounds like a muted flush and feels effortless when you strike it a MC iron solid. Well, no one is going to mistake you for hitting a blade or MC when you hit the Rocketbladez. It sounds like your hitting a cavity back iron. Now I'm not sure if that is because I picked the ball, or hit the ball thin.  But at certain times you really heard a POP when hitting these.  Don't get me wrong, its great feedback to hear POP as you strike the ball and see it go up and up.  Did I mention how high these go?  But coming from a player’s club background, I like my muted flush a little bit better.  As for the feel of the POP! it was actually quite nice, knowing "yup I caught that one well" as you see it climb higher and higher and pierce the wind like its nothing.  Think of what it feels like to flush a hybrid, ad a little bit of iron feel and you've got it.  As for the thin shots where they say the speed pocket is influenced even more, you can tell you hit it thin.  It feels a bit harsher and doesn't have the cavity POP I was talking about.  A thin shot with a Rocketbladez though, is much, much better then a thin with my MC irons. Overall you know you are hitting a "game improvement" club, but it feels quite nice.

Dispersion/Consistency:
As I said, this shaft was lighter and probably a bit weaker then I would like.  So I blame the left and right balls on the shaft, obviously, but I was overwhelmed with how easy it was to consistently hit the ball the same exact distance each time.  My near hozel shot traveled straight and 160 yards, I think we would all take a straight heal shot.  I "purposely" tried to hit some thin, and except for a touch harsher feel, the ball got up as high as my MC iron and went a touch shorter then a center face strike of the Rocketbladez.  I cannot wait to try these with a shaft that I am more comfortable with.

Workability/forgiveness:
Now onto my favorite, can you work the ball? Obviously since I play the MC irons, I like to work the ball, preferably right to left.  But who doesn't love a little forgiveness?  After getting comfortable with the Rocketbladez I tried shaping some a little bit more then normal.  I started a 5 iron about 25 feet right of where I wanted it to land and released it hard from inside to see what it would do.  Well the ball went up and up and turned and turned right (well it actually turned left) into my target. Remember when I said these balls go high? Now some of that movement can be attributed to the lighter shaft, but overall I was very surprised at how easy it was to move the ball around. It obviously wasn't as easy as my MC iron but it wouldn't be difficult to turn the ball into a tight pin if I needed too.
As for forgiveness, well I didn't slice one ball so it's a high handicapper's delight!  In all seriousness the ball went straight when I missed it, my near hozel went straight, my thin shots went straight, my toe shots went fairly straight.  They say the speed pocket helps with forgiveness and I believe it, the sweet spot is huge, it’s very very easy to hit it straight. (Take that with a grain of salt as I normally hit the ball straight and these where much easier to hit then my MC's).  As for hitting the ball, these were effortless to get up into the air. And go high.  For anyone who struggles launching the ball high, these are the club for you.

Overall I was very impressed with the Rocketbladez irons, considering I all but wrote them off and was expecting to only demo the Tour version.  I think it will be quite a bit harder to just go with the Tour version because they are the "players club."  These Rocketbladez irons are a great club for a "player" if they can get over a few things first.
1. View at address, the top line is thicker then you would want in your players irons in the 4-7 iron, and the offset is reasonable through the iron set, with the exception being the 4 and 5 iron might be bit to much for someone who likes a blade.  I was fine with the offset and would easily game the 4 and 5 iron even if I went with the Tour 6-PW.
2. Sound, for those who love the flush, these bladez don't have it. Don't get me wrong you can flush them, but they are a louder flush. They have the POP! but you can live without the muted flush sound.  Trust me you can get used to the POP! I found myself trying to get the loudest POP! I could after awhile.

Now as for the lofts, get over it! I do not know what the lofts are off the top of my head and never thought of the lofts until just now.  These clubs, even with their jacked lofts, will fly higher, land softer, and be more consistent then what you are playing now.  So I could care less about the lofts.  They flat out perform and I cannot imagine how high these would fly if they had traditional lofts.

My last word. Superintendants everywhere will be outraged with the destruction of their green complexes if these clubs are as popular as I believe they will be.  They fly high!  If you play on a course with soft greens, you better always keep a ball mark repair tool in your pocket or else.  If I could play Rocketbladez with KBS tour or C-Taper, I think I'd have a winner.  Actually give me a Rocketbladez with the stock shaft and I've got a winner.  Taylormade you got me, I will game these "Game Improvement" irons over my MC's any day.

(Disclaimer: I am a Taylormade loyalist, so you may believe I only like these because I drink the Taylormade cool aide. Try them for yourself, you will be surprised. I did this test in about 20 minutes outside because I was freezing, this was a quick review but I hope it helped sorry for the pictures, I snapped them quick)

Rocketbladez 50* AW vs 52* ATV (last years model)
AW Front.JPG
AW address.JPG
Rocketbladez left
Aw Side.JPG
AW Sole.JPG
AW wedge again.JPG

Rocketbladez PW vs MC PW
PW Sole.JPG
PW sole back.JPG
PW address.JPG
Rocketbladez left

Rocketbladez 7 iron vs MC 7 iron
7 iron sole.JPG
7 address.JPG
Rocketbladez left
7 iron cavity 2.JPG
7 cavity.JPG
7 iron face.JPG

Rocketblades 5 iron vs MC 5 iron
5 iron address.JPG
Rocketbladez left
5 iron cavity.JPG
5 iron sole.JPG
Yes, quite a difference.
5 iron face.JPG

Edited by zakkozuchowski, 20 November 2012 - 02:15 PM.

Taylormade SLDR 430 10.5* Oban White
Taylormade SLDR Mini 14* Diaman S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* 2 Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade 4-6 CB & 7-PW MC CT Lite
Taylormade Spider Mallet
Taylormade ATV 51* 55* 60*

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 HammerTM24

HammerTM24

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47853
  • Handicap:4.7
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Great review and input.  Thanks.  I also hit a Rocketbladz 6 iron today with the standard stiff shaft and experienced exactly the same things as you noticed.  I think this will be some very popular equipment this coming year.
TM SLDR 12* w/ Motore Speeder VC7.0
Taylormade SLDR 17* 3W
TM SLDR Hybrid 19*
TM TP CB 4-5, MC 6-PW w/ KBS Tour V
WITB Link
Scotty Cameron Custom Golo
Titleist Vokey SM4 - 54* & 60* TVD M

#3 BirdieBob

BirdieBob

LOFT UP+ 17/1700

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12966
GolfWRX Likes : 161

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Of course everyone says the RBladez go farther because it has stronger lofts.  So, the RB vs. MC same irons do they have a similar trajectory or is the RB higher launch?   I assume it is launching higher per your review.

How about the 4 irons from each and launch height?  The 3,4,5 is where the speed slot shines supposedly.

Thanks!

Edited by BirdieBob, 19 November 2012 - 05:18 PM.

TM JDM TP 10*430 SLDR, AD-DI 6x Black LE
TM Stage 2 13 TS, 16.5*, AD-DI 7x
TM `14 TP CB 3-5, Recoil Proto 95 X
TM `14 TP MC 6-8, Recoil Proto 95-110 X
TM `14 TP MB 9,P, Recoil Proto 110 X
Vokey TVD 50, 54, 58 Custom Birdie Bob

#4 Caesar Palache

Caesar Palache

• 2,560 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostBirdieBob, on 19 November 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

Of course everyone says the RBladez go farther because it has stronger lofts.  So, the RB vs. MC same irons do they have a similar trajectory or is the RB higher launch?   I assume it is launching higher per your review.

How about the 4 irons from each and launch height?  The 3,4,5 is where the speed slot shines supposedly.

Thanks!

I hit the 5, 6, and 7 iron of the Rocketbladez. I wanted to wait until I wasn't so sore (weekend full of football) and it wasn't so cold to really get a good feel for the long irons.  The 5 iron was the club that really made that POP! sound.  I thought that was possibly because of the Speed Pocket was really getting involved. It was the club that I shaped a shot hard right to left a good 25 feet.  What surprised me was when I really try to swing one like that with my MC irons, its usually a lower ball flight.  With the Rocketbladez the ball kept rising as it started turning right to left, one of those really pretty shots that you wish you could always replicate.  When I tried to hit a normal 5 iron shot...it went high.  The best way I can describe the height is, it seemed like the ball just kept going up and up until all of a sudden it was on the ground.  I know it makes no sense but I kept waiting for the ball to stop penetrating up into the air and then all of a sudden its 195 out and it starts coming down.

As for the trajectory and launch.  The Rocketbladez obviously launched a touch higher, not crazy noticeably higher, but higher non the less.  I didn't bring the launch monitor out so I have no idea of the angle.  The trajectory is what stood out, the ball pierced through the wind and climbed, the higher launch shot the ball up at a higher angle and I'm assuming higher ball speed helping it climb and climb.  It went 10-15 feet higher then my MC irons (which I already hit high).  The trajectory reminded me something of a hybrid.  It climbs and climbs way out there until all of a sudden it starts coming down.  Just guessing here but it seemed like it kept climbing 5-12 yards after my MC irons reached their apex.
Taylormade Spider Mallet

#5 sncgolf03

sncgolf03

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120657
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Nice review, i'm interested to try these.  I would like to see a test between the heads and shafts all being equal.  The Rocketbladez 7 iron is 30.5* and the TM mc 6 iron is 30* so that would be a  much more fair assessment, plus if you put the rocketbladez lighter flighted shaft in them, you would raise the launch of the TM MC (especially when you're testing them with C tapers).  

Loved the MC irons as well.

#6 Caesar Palache

Caesar Palache

• 2,560 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

View Postsncgolf03, on 19 November 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Nice review, i'm interested to try these.  I would like to see a test between the heads and shafts all being equal.  The Rocketbladez 7 iron is 30.5* and the TM mc 6 iron is 30* so that would be a  much more fair assessment, plus if you put the rocketbladez lighter flighted shaft in them, you would raise the launch of the TM MC (especially when you're testing them with C tapers).  

Loved the MC irons as well.

without testing, i would say the Rocketbladez 7 iron is half a club longer them my MC 6 iron. Today my MC 7 iron was only flying 158ish, so assuming my 6 would only fly 168ish today. The Rocketbladez 7 iron was consistently 170 plus or minus a few yards. It was an effortless 170 yards.

But again I do think we need to get away from the lofts. Its not the distance that gets you, its the unbelievably consistency and dispersion control.  Its only lofted stronger to give it an optimal launch window and to keep it from going so high it brings rain.  It may be 30.5* but it launched like its 34* but keeps on going.

I think we all need to agree the angle of launch is much more important then the angle of the loft.

Edited by Caesar Palache, 19 November 2012 - 07:20 PM.

Taylormade Spider Mallet

#7 mosesgolf

mosesgolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,117 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6303
GolfWRX Likes : 312

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

MC 6 iron loft 30*  RBZ Blade 6 iron loft 26.5*
MC 7 irons loft 34* RBZ Blade 7 iron loft 30.5*

Do you get the picture?
You're really not hitting it longer imo.  The difference is marginal.  You hit a MC 6iron vs an RBZ Blade 7 iron which are essentially the same lofts and you'll hit them pretty close as far as distance is concerned.  Not and apples to apples comparison when there is 3.5* difference in lofts.
Titleist 913D3 9.5 Project X 7C3
Titleist 913h 19*, 910h 21, Peanut 24
Titleist 712CB 5-PW Project X 6.5
Titleist Vokey 52, 56, 60
Titlesit Scotty Cameron Kombi 34
Titleist Pro V1x

#8 Doc Mcstuffins

Doc Mcstuffins

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35735
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

I'm hoping TM doesn't jack up the lofts in the Tour version. If they do I think they'll have a lot of disappointed players on their hands.
PING G20 8.5 Di6-X
PING G25 15* 7.3TS
Adams VTS LSP 20* 8.8TS
Titleist 712U 23*
Bridgestone J40CB
Fourteen RM12 51* 55* 59* S400

#9 Redjeep83

Redjeep83

Major Winner

• 2,022 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115910
GolfWRX Likes : 74

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Thanks for the review. Im def interested in getting a set of these (tours or non tour) as I know the benefits of a higher launching head, pick up alot of distance and much easier to hit.

I do notice the wear spots you have on those rocketbladez faces after a few shots, they look like they are going to have the face wear issues that the i20 irons have, that kinda annoyed me about those. Hopefully the tours won't be like that.

#10 Redjeep83

Redjeep83

Major Winner

• 2,022 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115910
GolfWRX Likes : 74

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

View Postmosesgolf, on 19 November 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

Do you get the picture?
You're really not hitting it longer imo.  The difference is marginal.  You hit a MC 6iron vs an RBZ Blade 7 iron which are essentially the same lofts and you'll hit them pretty close as far as distance is concerned.  Not and apples to apples comparison when there is 3.5* difference in lofts.

Moses, sorry but adjusting loft on heads is all about the height you are hitting them. Many pros have jacked up lofts to lower the flight. He is hitting the rocketbladez 15 feet higher and at the same time they have lower loft. Alot of people can't process this for some reason

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 robbie91

robbie91

Major Winner

• 2,500 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42606
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

I hit the rocketbladez today and was not that impressed. IMO they feel like any other game improvement club on the market.. the sound is rather hollow. The feeling off the face is adequate but does not compare in anyway to the MC line. They weren't quite as bulky as I expected but still have that TaylorMade Burner V1 look. Part of the problem is that the stock shaft is just so ridiculously light it is difficult to get a good gauge on feel. I will say they go a mile even considering I was launching it straight up in the air.

I am sure the tour version will be much better. I think these are going to be a great option for the mid-high handicapper but for the guy looking to upgrade his MC's or other forged irons it would be best to wait for the tour version in february.

#12 carpergolf

carpergolf

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49160
  • Ebay ID:carperman1
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

What part of Va ???
Taylormade SLDR 9.5 speeder 65
Taylormade Tour Preferred CB KBS X Stiff
Taylormade SLDR 15* speeder 75
Taylormade Jetspeed Hybrid 19 speeder
Tour Preferred 54 , SM4 58
TM SPIDER S Slant

#13 Caesar Palache

Caesar Palache

• 2,560 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

View PostRedjeep83, on 19 November 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

Do you get the picture?

Moses, sorry but adjusting loft on heads is all about the height you are hitting them. Many pros have jacked up lofts to lower the flight. He is hitting the rocketbladez 15 feet higher and at the same time they have lower loft. Alot of people can't process this for some reason

thank you, i was about to say the same thing. I cannot stress it enough, forget the loft, focus on the launch and you will be amazed.

the loft may be lower, but the launch will be higher. so you are right its not apples to apples. a better comparison would be the Rocketballz 7 iron with my MC 8, they launch at around the same angle, and the Rocketballz goes 20-25 yards further.

Do you get the picture?

Edited by Caesar Palache, 19 November 2012 - 11:17 PM.

Taylormade Spider Mallet

#14 Caesar Palache

Caesar Palache

• 2,560 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

View Postcarpergolf, on 19 November 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

What part of Va ???

Lynchburg
Taylormade Spider Mallet

#15 YMark

YMark

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168261
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Great review, thanks for posting. Was the stock shaft stiff or regular flex?

Mark
Havin fun in the AZ sun

#16 Caesar Palache

Caesar Palache

• 2,560 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

View PostRedjeep83, on 19 November 2012 - 09:32 PM, said:

Thanks for the review. Im def interested in getting a set of these (tours or non tour) as I know the benefits of a higher launching head, pick up alot of distance and much easier to hit.

I do notice the wear spots you have on those rocketbladez faces after a few shots, they look like they are going to have the face wear issues that the i20 irons have, that kinda annoyed me about those. Hopefully the tours won't be like that.

obviously i didnt wear out these faces that much yet so I can't quite compare them to the i20's but yes the i20's are bad, very bad. and these seem like they could have the same problem. i dont quite like the finish on the face, i do like the satin finish on the rest of the club though.

one thing of note is that my range is sand based (it was top dressed recently) so that may have affected the faces

Edited by Caesar Palache, 19 November 2012 - 11:21 PM.

Taylormade Spider Mallet

#17 sncgolf03

sncgolf03

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120657

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

View PostCaesar Palache, on 19 November 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

Do you get the picture?

thank you, i was about to say the same thing. I cannot stress it enough, forget the loft, focus on the launch and you will be amazed.

the loft may be lower, but the launch will be higher. so you are right its not apples to apples. a better comparison would be the Rocketballz 7 iron with my MC 8, they launch at around the same angle, and the Rocketballz goes 20-25 yards further.

Do you get the picture?

Still look at the shafts you are comparing too...c taper vs. lightweight stock flighted shaft...that definitely raises the launch...better comparison would be same lofts + same shafts...

regardless these irons are two totally different categories and still love the review

Edited by sncgolf03, 19 November 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#18 Caesar Palache

Caesar Palache

• 2,560 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

View Postsncgolf03, on 19 November 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

Do you get the picture?

Do you get the picture?

Still look at the shafts you are comparing too...c taper vs. lightweight stock flighted shaft...that definitely raises the launch...better comparison would be same lofts + same shafts...

you are right i cant get a perfect comparison. i do launch my c-tapers high though.

anyway i'm going to have to say it again, its not about the lofts. its all about the launch. so again i would rather compare what MC iron I launch at say 22 degrees compared to what iron in the Rocketbladez i'd be launch at that 22 degree angle. that would give you the best comparison.
Taylormade Spider Mallet

#19 Caesar Palache

Caesar Palache

• 2,560 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

If you would like I can compare the Rocketbladez irons verses the R11 irons with KBS Tour 90. That would be as close as I can get with the clubs I have at my disposal.
Taylormade Spider Mallet

#20 muxi87

muxi87

muxi87

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32234
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

View PostCaesar Palache, on 19 November 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

If you would like I can compare the Rocketbladez irons verses the R11 irons with KBS Tour 90. That would be as close as I can get with the clubs I have at my disposal.

Let's hear it...!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 viperstudio

viperstudio

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22684

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

good review mate, I like to compare this to my Diablo Forged and JPX 800.

#22 dunn

dunn

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124833
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 204

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

I have seen em up Close and their hideous

They look like a knockoff or some cheap big 5 club to be honest

I can't believe golfers are going to flock to this club, and I know they will

See how many sets are returned as demos 2-3 months after their out

Distance isn't an issue.... Their are plenty of GI/SGI irons out there that go a mile

#23 Caesar Palache

Caesar Palache

• 2,560 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

View Postdunn, on 19 November 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

Distance isn't an issue.... Their are plenty of GI/SGI irons out there that go a mile

thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread
Taylormade Spider Mallet

#24 mosesgolf

mosesgolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,117 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6303
GolfWRX Likes : 312

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

Do you get the picture?

Do you get the picture?
I get the picture.  This is not what I need.  :D    I don't need to hit an RBZblade 8 iron the distance of my 7 iron or 6 iron for that matter.  Now the 3 and 4 iron we might be talking bidness.  ;)  No more hybrids if the long irons perform as advertised.  It sounds like the 5-GW is the way to go with this set if you want to fill the yardage gaps.
Titleist 913D3 9.5 Project X 7C3
Titleist 913h 19*, 910h 21, Peanut 24
Titleist 712CB 5-PW Project X 6.5
Titleist Vokey 52, 56, 60
Titlesit Scotty Cameron Kombi 34
Titleist Pro V1x

#25 Qegurezi

Qegurezi

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29176
GolfWRX Likes : 94

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

View Postjoeclothing, on 19 November 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

I'm hoping TM doesn't jack up the lofts in the Tour version. If they do I think they'll have a lot of disappointed players on their hands.

The lofts for the Tours have been out for some time on their website.

#26 chrisday83

chrisday83

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83491
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

View Postdunn, on 19 November 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

Haters gonna hate.

#27 dan250yds

dan250yds

Mayor9312

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64799
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

Wow. Those are beast. I got the MC's and i love them. I just cannot look at a big bulky head. Are the rocketbladez big and bulky? Sure looks like it?
Driver: R1 v2 w/ Fuji Speeder 6.2 X Flex
3 Wood: 906F2 w/Comp NT X Flex
Hybrid: Anser 20 deg w/Matrix Atlus
Irons: TMag MC 4-PW PX 6.5
Putter:Scotty Cameron GoLo
Wedges: Cally X-Jaws, MackDaddy2's

#28 OspreyCI

OspreyCI

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108024
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

The regular Bladez should be compared to the TM CB's and the Tours should be compared to the MC's. That's a fair head to head due to lofts.

Talking to a TM tour van guy that plays MC's and now Tours, he said the Tours were about 7 yds (ish) longer. That's probably an honest and accurate assessment from a TM guy.

Edited by OspreyCI, 20 November 2012 - 08:11 AM.

PING i25 9.5 UST Elements Chrome
Callaway XHP 15* Fubuki Ax
PING G25 20 & 23* Hyrbid
PING G25 5-UW
Murdered TM Spider
Callaway MD2's 56/60

#29 freddyottawa

freddyottawa

Major Winner

• 2,431 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147865
  • Handicap:36
GolfWRX Likes : 359

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

That was a great review, Thanks for sharing.
JPX 825 Driver/3w
Anser 17* Hybrid
H4 3, 4 iron
CMB 5-PW
T4 52/58
Versa #7

#30 Caesar Palache

Caesar Palache

• 2,560 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

View Postdan250yds, on 20 November 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

Wow. Those are beast. I got the MC's and i love them. I just cannot look at a big bulky head. Are the rocketbladez big and bulky? Sure looks like it?

I thought the same thing, I cannot do a bulky head.  But like I said I was pleasantly surprised with how the heads weren't as bulky as I thought they would be.  Compared to the MC yes they are bigger, but they were manageable.  I could get used to the size of the head, but of course I would prefer something a touch smaller.

Taylormade Spider Mallet

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors