Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Can't Hit Long Irons Smothering Push Hook Need Drills Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 billyhandsomeface

billyhandsomeface

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121119
  • Handicap:9.3
GolfWRX Likes : 267

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

<p>The DTL video is not very good as you can&#39;t see my clubface. I am struggling bad with consistency, I recently identified that my right hand was coming off the grip at the top and fixed that. Now, I can&#39;t do anything!! Drills or input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

[yt][/yt]

Edited by billyhandsomeface, 19 November 2012 - 03:10 PM.

I AM AN FBI AGENT!!!!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 akiracornell

akiracornell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 195590
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

As far as smothering goes i actually think u could stand a shade closer to the ball based on how your arms hang. Jmo. Well if your push hooking the ball we know your swingpath is inside out and the face is closed to that path imparting draw spin. I did also notice that left wrist maybe quite bowed at the at the top and on the way down. Since your stuggling with a hook maybe strive to keep the left wrist flatter at the top. minimizing the bow on the way down will eliminate how shut the club is. The left wrist is supposed hinge to the side, not fold.  The right hand is supposed to fold, following the left.
     Swingers have very passive right hands. Hitters push down more with the right; and turn over the club more actively with the right hand. What ever works better for you. You can have right or left handed clubhead control; or a bit of both. I tend to focus on one or the other; getting a feel for how turned over it needs be through impact;  depending on my desired shot shape.

Edited by akiracornell, 20 November 2012 - 04:43 AM.

#3 akiracornell

akiracornell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 195590
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

When u say smothered it got me thinking. Maybe your getting the club stuck inside behind you. If that the feeling. Slow your hips down and let the hands and shoulders catchup. Turn your hips, chest, and hands more as a unit through impact.

#4 billyhandsomeface

billyhandsomeface

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121119
  • Handicap:9.3
GolfWRX Likes : 267

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

Thanks!! I will work on the bowing.
I AM AN FBI AGENT!!!!

#5 jharpergolf

jharpergolf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 188626
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

Also get some more flexibility you look like its hard for you to get in positions just stretch everyday and you will be more relaxed and fluid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors