Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

What to do with eBay transaction?

66 replies to this topic

#1 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50335
GolfWRX Likes : 706

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

I bought an item on a last second snipe on eBay (R9 4 wood).  I paid instantly.  The seller charged $13 for expedited shipping (which was USPS Priority mail).  It was marked shipped the next day, the 12th.  No Delivery Confirmation info was uploaded, no info was provided to me.  The estimate on eBay's transaction detail said Nov 17th-19th (which is 5-7 days and Priority is 2-3 anywhere in the US).  I still don't have my item and the seller hasn't responded to my message I sent today after the mail ran.  What should I do here?  I've already thought about leaving at least neutral feedback and maybe negative (haven't decided yet, as I'm trying to give them a chance to respond, even though the communication has sucked (sent a message a few days ago asking for a DC #)).  At what point should I consider a dispute?  And yes, I stole it, as I threw in a last minute bid, but there was no reserve and no bids and I got it for $30ish plus the $13 shipping.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Troyefl

Troyefl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130015
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

I would hold off on adding feedback until the issue is resolved/you receive the item.  If the seller doesn't respond by today, I would def. file a dispute.

#3 highergr0und

highergr0und

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,590 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52319
  • Ebay ID:highergr0und0
GolfWRX Likes : 774

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

He probably shipped it parcel post.....

#4 Hateto3Putt

Hateto3Putt

Smoking Makes You Look Cool!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17461
GolfWRX Likes : 885

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Have you had any correspondence/response from the seller?

If not, there is seller information somewhere on Ebay with a phone number. Find his phone and give him a call, that usually always gets them motivated.

I've had to do that twice, both sellers were shocked I was able to call them, but Ebay requires a phone number with registration, so it's there somewhere...

Good Luck  (great snipe too!)

#5 wrbush31

wrbush31

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34217
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

I wouldn't hesitate to open a paypal case.  Best case scenario, you get your club and close the case.  Worst case, you don't get your club and you get your money back.  Just my opinion.

#6 tmfool

tmfool

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58511
  • Handicap:4.1
GolfWRX Likes : 193

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

similar situation right now

i buy it now (iron set) and paypal 11/7 which included $24.99 for "expedited shipping"

tracking info comes 2days later....
after 1 wk 11/14 i email seller - no reply
2days later 11/16 email seller - no reply
3rd email 11/17 i request adjustment on shipping charges (still dont have clubs btw)
finally get response w/ link to track package telling me what i've known for more than 1wk
package went parcel post
still dont have clubs - and tomorow we're almost 2wks out

2 questions:
should i receive adjustment from seller for $24.99 "expedited shipping"?
what feedback should i leave?

dont want to be a richard about this  -- but seller has not lived up to his end and has not been particularly responsive to requests.
i feel like he has the dough - and its "oh well" you'll get clubs when they get there.
Tour Preferred MC 4-PW C-Taper +3/4
Ping Tour S 56/12 Steelfiber 125
Rescue TP 21* C-Taper & 18* i110
Jetspeed TS 14* RIP 70b
Jetspeed 10.5* - Speeder 57 X
Spider Ghost C/S

#7 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

Hall of Fame

• 8,879 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

I've sent yet another message to the seller and gave them a 7:30 PM EST deadline tonight to respond or I'm filing a paypal dispute.  No communication is poor, IMO.  And I told them as much, in a respectful manner.  I also told them I'd like a partial refund on the outrageous shipping charges I paid for parcel post, as well as told them that the best feedback I will give at this moment in time is a neutral due to the lack of communication and the slow shipping.

#8 wrbush31

wrbush31

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34217
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

View Posttmfool, on 19 November 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

similar situation right now

i buy it now (iron set) and paypal 11/7 which included $24.99 for "expedited shipping"

tracking info comes 2days later....
after 1 wk 11/14 i email seller - no reply
2days later 11/16 email seller - no reply
3rd email 11/17 i request adjustment on shipping charges (still dont have clubs btw)
finally get response w/ link to track package telling me what i've known for more than 1wk
package went parcel post
still dont have clubs - and tomorow we're almost 2wks out

2 questions:
should i receive adjustment from seller for $24.99 "expedited shipping"?
what feedback should i leave?

dont want to be a richard about this  -- but seller has not lived up to his end and has not been particularly responsive to requests.
i feel like he has the dough - and its "oh well" you'll get clubs when they get there.

PayPal dispute. Paying for service not received...unless there's communication somewhere where he indicated otherwise.

Same time, he said expedited and went parcel post. That's not what you paid for.

#9 KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

Button Yardage Book Covers

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 161101
GolfWRX Likes : 715

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

What does his feedback look like?

#10 tmfool

tmfool

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58511
  • Handicap:4.1
GolfWRX Likes : 193

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

feedback was ok
1 neutral due to lack of cooperation

the 24.99 shipping is one thing -- not responding for 3days is another
and still didnt address making things right for me

almost giving me no choice but to leave negative feedback

really just want the f'n sticks - we're running low on golf time (here)

Tour Preferred MC 4-PW C-Taper +3/4
Ping Tour S 56/12 Steelfiber 125
Rescue TP 21* C-Taper & 18* i110
Jetspeed TS 14* RIP 70b
Jetspeed 10.5* - Speeder 57 X
Spider Ghost C/S

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

Hall of Fame

• 8,879 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

I finally got a response. Was a pitiful me story. I told them I didn't care because all we have is our word and our integrity. Was told their secretary shipped it, told them I didn't care I paid for priority shipping, there's no way it was sent priority because it'd have been here twice by now. Also told them I want to be refunded for the outrageous shipping charges. Feedback was perfect. It won't be after this.

Edited by RookieBlue7, 20 November 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#12 KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

$13 for shipping a 4 wood is not that outrageous, Parcel Post would not have been that much cheaper, $2 or $3 at the most, unless he paid for delivery confirmation. I don't understand why people think PP is a deal, it is never less than a few dollars under Priority mail.  Did you get the club yet?

#13 Pudgelewis

Pudgelewis

<><

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83757
  • Ebay ID:Pudgelewis
GolfWRX Likes : 175

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Did his secretary also NOT respond to any of the emails?

#14 Hateto3Putt

Hateto3Putt

Smoking Makes You Look Cool!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17461
GolfWRX Likes : 885

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostRookieBlue7, on 20 November 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

I finally got a response. Was a pitiful me story. I told them I didn't care because all we have is our word and our integrity. Was told their secretary shipped it, told them I didn't care I paid for priority shipping, there's no way it was sent priority because it'd have been here twice by now. Also told them I want to be refunded for the outrageous shipping charges. Feedback was perfect. It won't be after this.

Yeah. Once the club is in your hands, try to get some shipping money back. Then, Blast his feedback.

#15 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

Hall of Fame

• 8,879 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostKILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE, on 20 November 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

$13 for shipping a 4 wood is not that outrageous, Parcel Post would not have been that much cheaper, $2 or $3 at the most, unless he paid for delivery confirmation. I don't understand why people think PP is a deal, it is never less than a few dollars under Priority mail.  Did you get the club yet?

$13 is outrageous with USPS Priority. I've shipped a bunch of them and they're always under $7. Shipping supplies aren't that much, especially when you can buy all of them for maybe $2, but most of the time free with the USPS.

Parcel post might have saved them $0.50-$1, if that. Most of the time it's less that $0.50 difference.

I've asked that shipping be refunded to me due to the fact that it was shipped outside of Priority mail services which is what was guaranteed and offered as the only option.

Oh, and its a female's name on the eBay account. Unless she lets her husband use her eBay acct.

Edited by RookieBlue7, 20 November 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#16 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

Hall of Fame

• 8,879 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

Well, a little update.

The item finally arrived today.  Was as described.  The seller had already agreed to refund me for the shipping as they did send it parcel post.  Problem is, that was days ago and I've yet to see any refund on shipping, so I opened a case with eBay.  Will update once there is a decision in this.

#17 horty1388

horty1388

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126433
GolfWRX Likes : 312

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

shipping can cost that much when you factor in supplies, gas, and the price of shipping. Whenever I ship from CA to the eastcoast it cost me 10+ dollars. Recently shipped fedex and they charged me 12+ and that package was 1.7 pounds, 47X4X4... Anyways, you deserve the money back if they shipped parcel and communicated that poorly

#18 Fourmyle of Ceres

Fourmyle of Ceres

Hall of Fame

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58909
GolfWRX Likes : 1386

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

99% of your question had nothing to do with the issue.

Find out the minimum time for disputing non-delivery through eBay/PayPal. On that date if you have not received the item, open a dispute and get your money back. If you do receive the item by that date, you are done.

Leave whatever feedback you think appropriate once you have received the item, if you ever do.

What you paid, sniping, parcel post, whatever, all that is beside the point. He either delivers or you get your money back.

#19 lander215

lander215

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65964
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

View PostFourmyle of Ceres, on 22 November 2012 - 08:35 AM, said:

Find out the minimum time for disputing non-delivery through eBay/PayPal. On that date if you have not received the item, open a dispute and get your money back. If you do receive the item by that date, you are done.

Leave whatever feedback you think appropriate once you have received the item, if you ever do.

What you paid, sniping, parcel post, whatever, all that is beside the point. He either delivers or you get your money back.

I don't think you even bothered to read the thread.

He paid for USPS Priority, it was sent parcel post. He is due the difference between what he should have paid for parcel post and USPS Priority since the seller did not ship it via the method that was indicated in the auction and paid for by the buyer.

#20 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

Hall of Fame

• 8,879 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

View PostFourmyle of Ceres, on 22 November 2012 - 08:35 AM, said:

The auction said USPS Priority.  It wasn't shipped priority.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 Fourmyle of Ceres

Fourmyle of Ceres

Hall of Fame

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

Then leave him bad feedback.Or keep pursuing it and get a refund for what was likely a $2 or $3 difference in the cost of shipping. Whatever.

Once you have the item in hand and you purchased it at an attractive price, it's hard to see any big whoop from keeping on with the shipping complaint. Crummy seller, that's what bad feedback is for.

All the stuff about outrageous shipping charges sounds like someone who hasn't shipped a golf club across country lately. It's 13 flipping bucks.

#22 ATXgolfer

ATXgolfer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99957
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

View PostRookieBlue7, on 20 November 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

View PostKILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE, on 20 November 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

$13 is outrageous with USPS Priority. I've shipped a bunch of them and they're always under $7. Shipping supplies aren't that much, especially when you can buy all of them for maybe $2, but most of the time free with the USPS.

Parcel post might have saved them $0.50-$1, if that. Most of the time it's less that $0.50 difference.

I shipped a fairway wood head to Cali from Texas, and it cost me $10 for priority. A full club would be $15, I am guessing. Which PO do I go to in order to get charged $7 to ship a club?

#23 Rockminer

Rockminer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123965
GolfWRX Likes : 119

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

I never understood why people get so bent out of shape about shipping, on the bay. In the op's case, the only problem the seller made was to say it would be sent priority. If it were me, and I cared about it, I would leave a neutral feedback and say it was not shipped as stated. We're talking a couple of bucks here on an adimitted snipe. Might be different if you bought something that weighed 200 pounds and you payed hundreds.

Shipping charges are not always exact, on the bay. Some (A lot)  of people add in what their time, gas and other expenses cost. If someone wants 25 to ship something that cost 5 to ship, then we have to adjust our bid.

OP, you admitt to " stealing" the club, what's a couple extra bucks? I understand the principal of it, but that's what feedback is for, unless we are talking big money.

#24 avgjoe

avgjoe

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87610
GolfWRX Likes : 203

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

$13 is NOT 'outrageous' for shipping a fwy wood usps priority mail, even if you don't factor in costs for supplies

#25 Fourmyle of Ceres

Fourmyle of Ceres

Hall of Fame

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

It's funny how someone who pays $80 for a golf club will find $13 for shipping to be acceptable. But if they pay a bargain price $25 for the exact same golf club, that $13 shipping charge is an outrage.

#26 1t2golf

1t2golf

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 1,254 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6243

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

View Postavgjoe, on 22 November 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

$13 is NOT 'outrageous' for shipping a fwy wood usps priority mail, even if you don't factor in costs for supplies

$13 is not outrageous at all. It'll cost at least that much to ship a club coast-to-coast. That doesn't take into account insurance, delivery confirmation, shipping supplies, ....

The only complaint should be not shipping Priority as advertised and the lack of communication. Just leave negative feedback and move on.
Sic omnia fatis In peius ruere ac retro sublapsa referri...semper ubi sub ubi

#27 KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

Can you even file a PP claim on that basis? If it allows you to , chances are you don't prevail. It is close as you can get to a frivolous claim. You said yourself "Parcel post might have saved them $0.50-$1". He shows proof of shipping and delivery and the case is closed.

Edited to add that the seller could have shipped UPS or FEDEX, instead of USPS Priority, for reasons that do not require an explanation. I just don't see a basis for a PP claim in this instance.

Edited by KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE, 22 November 2012 - 11:11 AM.

#28 lander215

lander215

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65964
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

Just checked the USPS site for myself. First off, delivery confirmation and shipping supplies are free if you use USPS online. Second, to ship a 2 lb box that is 48" x 4" x 4" from South Carolina to 90210 was $9.62.

Amazing what facts you can uncover when you do a little research.

Seems like the OP was more correct than all the other guessers in this thread. :-)

#29 KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

View Postlander215, on 22 November 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

Just checked the USPS site for myself. First off, delivery confirmation and shipping supplies are free if you use USPS online. Second, to ship a 2 lb box that is 48" x 4" x 4" from South Carolina to 90210 was $9.62.

Amazing what facts you can uncover when you do a little research.

Seems like the OP was more correct than all the other guessers in this thread. :-)

You fail to calculate the cost of supplies that are not free, tape, bubble wrap,etc. It also costs money to drive to the P.O.  Putting all that aside and going with your numbers, you would actually file a PP dispute over $3.38? Negative feedback if you think you have been wronged, otherwise just enjoy the club.

#30 Johnny

Johnny

Get Kwok'd

• Marshals
  • 8,394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

I get all your points and they are valid... but $13 is not outragous price for shipping a long golf club... I think at best he owes you a couple bucks if you wanted some money back... Hell it cost me that just to drive to the PO.  :)

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors