Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

New Scotty Cameron stand bag released today

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 memphishorn

memphishorn

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10524
  • Ebay ID:memphishorn
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

View Postsmackygolf, on 20 November 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

View Postmemphishorn, on 20 November 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

View Postkevcarter, on 20 November 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

View Postmemphishorn, on 20 November 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

Not to get Cameron flaming started but this appears to be a $180 Sun Mountain 3.5 with a $200 Scotty Cameron logo on it. Anyone can do with their money as they wish but appears SC limits these just DRIVE the collectabilty of his brand.

Of course it is. What's your point?

Didn't know I was making one, just sharing an opinion. However if there must be point, it continues to fascinate me how a product with no additional value other than a logo can fetch 2 to 5 times it's retail value. I wish I had that level of brand value.

So, you wear blank hats? And your bag has NO LOGO at all? And your golf glove---plain white? Or is it just up to you how much markup for a logo is acceptable?

I wear Titleist hats (w/logo)as well as others, have an Ogio Bag (w/Ogio logo), and use FJ and Titleist gloves (w/logos)all of which I paid the normal retail price for. I'm not opposed to logos or peoples abililty to take advantage of market opportunities. I'm just fascinated at the appeal that this particular brand has that would cause people to spend all that extra money just because is says Scotty Cameron on the side of the bag w/ the Circle T on the strap. Same goes for putter headcovers. Not saying it's wrong, just interesting however I would never tell people what they should pay. The market will dictate that.

And by the way I game a Newport Classic that is worth more than it Ping counterparts (that I own) because it's a better putter and I paid more for it because it had that value to me.

Titleist 910 D2 Kali Stiff
Exotics CB2 15* YS6 Stiff
Bobby Jones H3 21* Hybrid
Titleist AP1 4-GW S300HL
Vokey Wedges 56.11 / 60.04 oil can
Scotty Cameron Newport Classic Gun Blue

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 Woodridge

Woodridge

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143453
GolfWRX Likes : 133

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

These sold for $489 almost 7 years ago. Any idea on how much they are going for today?

http://www.golfwrx.c...ron-staff-bags/
Ping G-25, 10.5
Cobra DWS Hybrid 23*
Ben Hogan Apex Redlines 6-SW
Mizuno WII 60*
Ping Zing, Karsten 35" blk
Slicefixer

#33 kevcarter

kevcarter

Legend

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,574 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3616
GolfWRX Likes : 999

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

View Postmemphishorn, on 21 November 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

View Postsmackygolf, on 20 November 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

View Postmemphishorn, on 20 November 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

View Postkevcarter, on 20 November 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

View Postmemphishorn, on 20 November 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

Not to get Cameron flaming started but this appears to be a $180 Sun Mountain 3.5 with a $200 Scotty Cameron logo on it. Anyone can do with their money as they wish but appears SC limits these just DRIVE the collectabilty of his brand.

Of course it is. What's your point?

Didn't know I was making one, just sharing an opinion. However if there must be point, it continues to fascinate me how a product with no additional value other than a logo can fetch 2 to 5 times it's retail value. I wish I had that level of brand value.

So, you wear blank hats? And your bag has NO LOGO at all? And your golf glove---plain white? Or is it just up to you how much markup for a logo is acceptable?

I wear Titleist hats (w/logo)as well as others, have an Ogio Bag (w/Ogio logo), and use FJ and Titleist gloves (w/logos)all of which I paid the normal retail price for. I'm not opposed to logos or peoples abililty to take advantage of market opportunities. I'm just fascinated at the appeal that this particular brand has that would cause people to spend all that extra money just because is says Scotty Cameron on the side of the bag w/ the Circle T on the strap. Same goes for putter headcovers. Not saying it's wrong, just interesting however I would never tell people what they should pay. The market will dictate that.

And by the way I game a Newport Classic that is worth more than it Ping counterparts (that I own) because it's a better putter and I paid more for it because it had that value to me.

Sorry for starting this memphishorn. I was being way too thin skinned and you don't deserve these responses, including mine. I need to take my thoughts out on the guys that are disrespectful, not those like you who are simply stating an opinion.

Kevin
I could be wrong.
I have been before.
I will be again.
========================================
GEOMETRICALLY ORIENTED LINEAR FORCE

#34 memphishorn

memphishorn

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10524
  • Ebay ID:memphishorn
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Kevin,

No problem. I am a fan of Scotty's putters, particularly the older models and I game a Newport Classic 95/96 model and a pivot tool cause it's the best thought out divot repair tool out there.

It's good to discuss these topics on these forums and I'm aware that Scotty discussions can hit some hot buttons.

You are one of the good guys.
Titleist 910 D2 Kali Stiff
Exotics CB2 15* YS6 Stiff
Bobby Jones H3 21* Hybrid
Titleist AP1 4-GW S300HL
Vokey Wedges 56.11 / 60.04 oil can
Scotty Cameron Newport Classic Gun Blue

#35 jrsharp21

jrsharp21

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34619
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

View PostWoodridge, on 21 November 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

These sold for $489 almost 7 years ago. Any idea on how much they are going for today?

http://www.golfwrx.c...ron-staff-bags/

Those go for about $1,500 to $2k.

#36 kevcarter

kevcarter

Legend

• 10,574 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3616
GolfWRX Likes : 999

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

View Postmemphishorn, on 21 November 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

Kevin,

No problem. I am a fan of Scotty's putters, particularly the older models and I game a Newport Classic 95/96 model and a pivot tool cause it's the best thought out divot repair tool out there.

It's good to discuss these topics on these forums and I'm aware that Scotty discussions can hit some hot buttons.

You are one of the good guys.

Thank you very much Sir. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving! :drinks:
I could be wrong.
I have been before.
I will be again.
GEOMETRICALLY ORIENTED LINEAR FORCE

#37 asualum

asualum

Major Winner

• 1,006 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105160
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

One of these days I'm going to be lucky enough to get my hands on one. Barely missed the last three bag releases that have come out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors