Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

How can this work?


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Olson12

Olson12

    #TeamJetSpeed

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116028
  • Joined: 10/11/2010
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
  • Handicap:2.9
  • Ebay ID:blakewolson12
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

A co-worker just sent me this link wondering if I think it will work.  Has anyone ever heard of this?  I mean how could this possibly work?  They should bundle it with the hammer.

http://noslicestore.com/


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Par Fore

Par Fore

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49091
  • Joined: 02/17/2008
  • Location:Utah
  • Ebay ID:barneys6
GolfWRX Likes : 117

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

I think a little vasaline would do the same thing.

#3 OUZO Power

OUZO Power

    #CALLAWRX2 @K_Kyriopoulos

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,396 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207419
  • Joined: 10/16/2012
  • Location:Brooklin, Ontario
  • Ebay ID:ouzolude
GolfWRX Likes : 523

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

Yea it's vaseline. lol. Or spray some PAM on it.
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 9.0
Woods: Callaway Big Bertha 3W & 5W
Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Chrome 60
Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT
Ball: Callaway SS Yellow & SR-2

#4 cph2133

cph2133

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128625
  • Joined: 05/13/2011
  • Location:Louisville, KY
  • Ebay ID:cph2133
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

View PostOlson12, on 19 November 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

A co-worker just sent me this link wondering if I think it will work.  Has anyone ever heard of this?  I mean how could this possibly work?  They should bundle it with the hammer.

http://noslicestore.com/

How does it work? It's a lubricant that reduces friction, thus reducing side spin.

#5 Olson12

Olson12

    #TeamJetSpeed

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116028
  • Joined: 10/11/2010
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
  • Handicap:2.9
  • Ebay ID:blakewolson12
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

View Postcph2133, on 19 November 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

View PostOlson12, on 19 November 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

A co-worker just sent me this link wondering if I think it will work.  Has anyone ever heard of this?  I mean how could this possibly work?  They should bundle it with the hammer.

http://noslicestore.com/

How does it work? It's a lubricant that reduces friction, thus reducing side spin.

Do you loose distance?


#6 lander215

lander215

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65964
  • Joined: 09/18/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

No, but you would lose the match for having an illegal substance on your club.

#7 WUGolfer3118

WUGolfer3118

    Thank You Troops/Vets!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121363
  • Joined: 01/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

Likely lose some distance from the lack of backspin.

#8 OUZO Power

OUZO Power

    #CALLAWRX2 @K_Kyriopoulos

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,396 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207419
  • Joined: 10/16/2012
  • Location:Brooklin, Ontario
  • Ebay ID:ouzolude
GolfWRX Likes : 523

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

View PostWUGolfer3118, on 19 November 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

Likely lose some distance from the lack of backspin.
Isn't the goal to reduce backspin to achieve more roll? hence farther total distance.
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 9.0
Woods: Callaway Big Bertha 3W & 5W
Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Chrome 60
Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT
Ball: Callaway SS Yellow & SR-2

#9 Jc0

Jc0

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119066
  • Joined: 12/17/2010
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Handicap:+0.1
GolfWRX Likes : 65

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

View PostOUZO Power, on 19 November 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

View PostWUGolfer3118, on 19 November 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

Likely lose some distance from the lack of backspin.
Isn't the goal to reduce backspin to achieve more roll? hence farther total distance.

You want to reduce back spin to a point.  If you don't have enough back spin the ball will literally fall out of the air because it will not have enough lift to keep it up.  But as said above applying a foreign substance to the club is illegal so there is really no point to the product.

#10 Olson12

Olson12

    #TeamJetSpeed

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116028
  • Joined: 10/11/2010
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
  • Handicap:2.9
  • Ebay ID:blakewolson12
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

View PostJc0, on 19 November 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

View PostOUZO Power, on 19 November 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

View PostWUGolfer3118, on 19 November 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

Likely lose some distance from the lack of backspin.
Isn't the goal to reduce backspin to achieve more roll? hence farther total distance.

You want to reduce back spin to a point.  If you don't have enough back spin the ball will literally fall out of the air because it will not have enough lift to keep it up.  But as said above applying a foreign substance to the club is illegal so there is really no point to the product.

My co-worker is the guy who plays 2 times a year and was wondering if it would make it more enjoyable.  I don't think he cares about getting dq'd from an event..


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 horty1388

horty1388

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126433
  • Joined: 04/11/2011
  • Location:Los Angeles, Ca
GolfWRX Likes : 158

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

Just tell him to rub some chapstick on his driver, it will do the same thing

#12 bigmoneyp

bigmoneyp

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106403
  • Joined: 04/16/2010
  • Location:West Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

Its not legal but it actually does work.  Of course you could just use chapstick, or vasoline.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors