Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

PING iron head weights

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Golf Ball Wacker Guy

Golf Ball Wacker Guy

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 148809
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

Random question

Does anyone happen to know if there is a weight difference in the s56 and eye 2 + no +?

I pulled some shafts out of the s56 and sold the heads to go back to my old faithfuls. However the kt-m shafts had seen better days. After the head swap the shafts from the s56 feel much stiffer in the eye 2. At first I figured it was in my head then I started to think about that if the s56 were heavier that would cause some more flex

Thanks for any input.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Nessism

Nessism

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,992 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131490
GolfWRX Likes : 1007

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

Didn't you swingweight the clubs and adjust the weight as necessary with tip weights?

#3 Golf Ball Wacker Guy

Golf Ball Wacker Guy

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

Right now they are a D0 but I completely forgot to double check old set up before shipping off heads.

#4 Nessism

Nessism

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,992 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131490
GolfWRX Likes : 1007

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

S56's should swingweight at D1 unless they were custom made, so your Eye2 heads should be similar weight.  Maybe try some lead tape on a few heads to see if a higher swingweight helps with feel?  You could always pull the shafts and install tip weights if you like the result but don't like looking at the tape.

#5 Golf Ball Wacker Guy

Golf Ball Wacker Guy

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

Yeah I did have the zz65 pulled for a Px 6.5. And not sure what they were set up at. That's before I knew what swing weight even was. He'll before that I new there were steel and graphite shafts and that's about it. Learned a ton in the last year on here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors