Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Golf Logix

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 edLmuldoon

edLmuldoon

Muldoonigan

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106059
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Huge fan of this application, even updated.  Any of you guys using it?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 sheppy335

sheppy335

TMAG Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,116 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11865
  • Handicap:19
  • Ebay ID:sheppy33
GolfWRX Likes : 229

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

had the device and was disappointed in it's future.
TM R1 TP 10.5 Mitsubishi Kai'li
TM RBZ Tour 13 Matrix Xcon 7
TM RBZ Tour HL3 17 UST V2
TM R11 4-pw Project X
TM xFT TP 50, 54, 58 DG Spinner
TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

#3 jsanatx

jsanatx

God Bless Texas

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77107
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

i downloaded the app last year, worked well, but i didn't like the annual renewal fee so i dropped it and went with Golfshot.
Titleist 913 D2 w/GD Tour AD BB
Ping G25 15* 3w
Titleist AP1 712 s w/GD Tour AD 65i 5-PW
Adams PNT v1 and v2 19* and 22*
Vokey SM 52*, SM4 56*, SM4 60*
SC Buttonback NP2 "El Chingon"

#4 Fore_Man

Fore_Man

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68672
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

View Postsheppy335, on 19 November 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

Are you saying they're no longer supporting the GPS-8?

#5 sheppy335

sheppy335

TMAG Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,116 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

View PostFore_Man, on 19 November 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

I know when i checked with them they said they were no longer creating new devices they were moving completely to the app market. So i am thinking they would end support eventually.
I moved to Sky-caddie and haven't looked back. I did like the device just was dissapointed with no future devices and improvements.

TM R11 4-pw Project X

#6 Fore_Man

Fore_Man

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

View Postsheppy335, on 21 November 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

I know when i checked with them they said they were no longer creating new devices they were moving completely to the app market. So i am thinking they would end support eventually.
I moved to Sky-caddie and haven't looked back. I did like the device just was dissapointed with no future devices and improvements.

Ahh, gotcha.  I actually have the GPS-8 and never use it as I've gone rangefinder.  Discontinuing support for this would be a bummer as I think the GPS-8 is a great device that's very simple to use and provides a wealth of information without any unneeded time consuming bells and whistles.

#7 crazygolfnut

crazygolfnut

CrazyGolfNut

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3580
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

I still have a GPS-8.  That is a great product.  Easy to see and easy to use.  Only downside is the yearly subscription and it does not hold 20,000+ courses like new products.  They told me that they still support the product and gave me instructions on how to log on and pay them money.  I have not updated it in a few years and it still works buy I can not change courses on it unless I pay them.  Looking for an equal replacement.
Ping Driver G25 - 9.5
Callaway XHot fairway woods
Titleist 710 AP1 irons - 6 to GW
Titleist Vokey wedges SM5 56s & 60m
Callaway HEX Chrome Yellow
Rife Mid Mallet 400 w/ SuperStroke 3.0

#8 Fore_Man

Fore_Man

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

View Postcrazygolfnut, on 21 November 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

I still have a GPS-8.  That is a great product.  Easy to see and easy to use.  Only downside is the yearly subscription and it does not hold 20,000+ courses like new products.  They told me that they still support the product and gave me instructions on how to log on and pay them money.  I have not updated it in a few years and it still works buy I can not change courses on it unless I pay them.  Looking for an equal replacement.

This is where I am at as well.  I have my local 10-12 courses loaded on the unit, and it will keep it as such until I re-up my subscription.  (Though I'm tempted to sell for someone looking for a GPS unit on the cheap.)  I never really thought of uploading courses as a hassle,  I don't have 20k courses near me!  I've only done it 2-3 times per year depending on courses I'd play while on vacation.  The one advantage this unit has is that Golf Logix will add and/or revise courses (and will notify you if they've updated any that you've loaded), and does it by request as well.  That's part of what you're paying yearly for....  and it's also something that preloaded units lack (I think anyway).  So at least there is/was some service behind the annual fee.

#9 sheppy335

sheppy335

TMAG Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,116 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

View PostFore_Man, on 21 November 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

View Postsheppy335, on 21 November 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

Ahh, gotcha.  I actually have the GPS-8 and never use it as I've gone rangefinder.  Discontinuing support for this would be a bummer as I think the GPS-8 is a great device that's very simple to use and provides a wealth of information without any unneeded time consuming bells and whistles.
Cant argue with you on that, it is simple and gives you what you need nothing more nothing less.
TM R11 4-pw Project X

#10 spuds

spuds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39779
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

View Postcrazygolfnut, on 21 November 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

I still use the GPS 7 (the original, green Golflogix model).  Would love to find an equal replacement/upgrade as well.  My over-50 eyes aren't compatible with the screen on DH's Garmin G3.

Michelle

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 hebsan

hebsan

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103660
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

The course that I have been playing underwent a renovation earlier this year and was dropped from the GolfLogix database, I requested that the course be re-added, and after supplying a requested scorecard, the course was added the same day.  They are using the satellite images for the holes, so not everything (new bunkers, re-shaped greens) is included as the images are at least two years old.  But at least it's a start, and we'll see how it goes this weekend.

Aloha

#12 SnowPlow

SnowPlow

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103714
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

View Posthebsan, on 27 November 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

The course that I have been playing underwent a renovation earlier this year and was dropped from the GolfLogix database, I requested that the course be re-added, and after supplying a requested scorecard, the course was added the same day.  They are using the satellite images for the holes, so not everything (new bunkers, re-shaped greens) is included as the images are at least two years old.  But at least it's a start, and we'll see how it goes this weekend.

Aloha

This may be a stupid question. If the course was renovated this year, and they are using imagery that is two years old, how can it possibly be accurate?

#13 Fore_Man

Fore_Man

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostSnowPlow, on 27 November 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

Aloha

This may be a stupid question. If the course was renovated this year, and they are using imagery that is two years old, how can it possibly be accurate?

I think he's just saying that Golflogix is responsive to requests.  I'm sure they'll revise again once the renovation is complete.

#14 Mystic Elder

Mystic Elder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 187712
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

Aloha

They probably used 2012 imagery post-renovation imagery. They just can't show it because of copyright assuming it's the application he is referring to which only shows Google or Picture view. It would be completely pointless to remove a course and add it again later if the GPS points are old. Why remove it in the first place only to add it again using old mapping.

#15 hebsan

hebsan

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103660
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostFore_Man, on 27 November 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Aloha

I think he's just saying that Golflogix is responsive to requests.  I'm sure they'll revise again once the renovation is complete.

Exactly.  Was just pointing out that they were responsive to my request.  For the most part, the holes did not change.  There was some reshaping of greens and additional bunkers, but the distance to the center of the greens is still the same.  Will find out for sure when I get back out there this weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors