Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

If Rory could be one other golfer currently on tour, who would it be?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 imakaveli

imakaveli

Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Handicap:4.3
GolfWRX Likes : 654

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

Paul Lawrie: Rory

Michael Campbell: Rory

Simon Dyson: Rory

Rory: mmm... Adam Scott

Other nice informations are that Rory made 7 hole in one while Dyson 15!! :golfer:

Enjoy the funny video called "Guess the Question - Hong Kong Style" here: http://www.europeant...udio/index.html

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Vindog

Vindog

Cuddly as a cactus, charming as an eel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,851 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131959
GolfWRX Likes : 1848

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

Rory really REALLY likes tennis players.

He wants to be Adam Scott because we want to be in Ivanovic
run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

#3 bobsuruncle

bobsuruncle

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60340
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

he'd want to be Tiger ... a player who's not only great but consistently great.  Rors would only threathen Tiger's records if he becomes more consistent.  For example, in 2012 Rory won 4x to Tiger's 3x.  He basically picked up one extra title (let's ignore majors for now).  How does he make up a 70+ PGAT title deficit if he's only winning one extra a year?

#4 Vindog

Vindog

• Advanced Members
  • 11,851 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

View Postbobsuruncle, on 18 November 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

he'd want to be Tiger ... a player who's not only great but consistently great.  Rors would only threathen Tiger's records if he becomes more consistent.  For example, in 2012 Rory won 4x to Tiger's 3x.  He basically picked up one extra title (let's ignore majors for now).  How does he make up a 70+ PGAT title deficit if he's only winning one extra a year?

LOL

Pretty sure he said Adam Scott.
shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

#5 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

Jack Nicklaus

• Advanced Members
  • 11,650 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 3930

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

If i could be anyone on tour, i'd give long thought to saying Adam Scott aswell. OK he doesn't have a major, but he's won a lot and has been as high as 3rd in the WGR. He's Australian (major bonus points with ladies), still very wealthy, extremely good looking without coming off as a dbag, seems well liked by all, surfs (another big bonus with ladies). Plus there's hardly any pressure on him since other "next ones" have come along

So the question would be, do you want to be at the pinnacle of your sport (Rory) and face enormous pressure, and maybe become an ornery guy like Tiger because of it. Or be merely one of the best in the world, not remembered long term, but basically live an awesome life where you can do pretty much whatever you want and bed pretty much whomever you want

i might go with Adam Scott aswell

Edited by MtlJeff, 18 November 2012 - 01:15 PM.

Tom Wishon 919 @ 44.25 ---9.3 degrees
Callaway 3 Deep w/ PXv
Callaway X hot pro Hybrid 16/ PXv
Mizuno JPX825 wS300
Mizuno MPr-12 56 and 60 / Spinner
Ping IWI Craze

#6 poppyhillsguy

poppyhillsguy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2601
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

I'd want to be Dustin Johnson for all the reasons you know already.

#7 boxerjoe2011

boxerjoe2011

Oh Billy!!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93762
GolfWRX Likes : 90

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

I would be Couples.  That guy never seems to have a care in the world and just saunters around the course like he is loitering. To top it off, he is really good at what he does.  I wish I could have that kind of attitude and be that good.

#8 Birdman of Alcatraz

Birdman of Alcatraz

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8234
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

Yawn, so Rory's a liar then? Nice.

#9 Birdman of Alcatraz

Birdman of Alcatraz

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8234
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

View Postpoppyhillsguy, on 18 November 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

I'd want to be Dustin Johnson for all the reasons you know already.

Winner of the best post prize, +1.

#10 iBanesto

iBanesto

Niclas Fasth

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18328
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

Why not be Jimenez?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 spitfisher

spitfisher

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73111
GolfWRX Likes : 135

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostBirdman of Alcatraz, on 19 November 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

Yawn, so Rory's a liar then? Nice.

Wow "consistantly great" he hasn't won a major since 2008, why on earth would Rory wish to go backwards?

#12 Marco

Marco

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34723
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

Scott the epic choker ? LOL

#13 Vindog

Vindog

• Advanced Members
  • 11,851 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

I know that some people find it hard to believe, but not everybody has the childhood fantasy to be Tiger woods.

I know, that's an alien concept.  Unless you're not a creepy idol worshiper, that is.
shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

#14 imakaveli

imakaveli

Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

Scott got no Major but he can get all the chicks (without paying). Rory is wise.

#15 rustyputterguy

rustyputterguy

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,034 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13018
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostMtlJeff, on 18 November 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

If i could be anyone on tour, i'd give long thought to saying Adam Scott aswell. OK he doesn't have a major, but he's won a lot and has been as high as 3rd in the WGR. He's Australian (major bonus points with ladies), still very wealthy, extremely good looking without coming off as a dbag, seems well liked by all, surfs (another big bonus with ladies). Plus there's hardly any pressure on him since other "next ones" have come along

So the question would be, do you want to be at the pinnacle of your sport (Rory) and face enormous pressure, and maybe become an ornery guy like Tiger because of it. Or be merely one of the best in the world, not remembered long term, but basically live an awesome life where you can do pretty much whatever you want and bed pretty much whomever you want

By this reasoning... what if the choice was to be anyone who golfed and not just a golfer on tour. Would it be Adam Scott or Justin Timberlake?

Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5
Titleist 909F3 15.5
Nike VR-S Covert Tour #3
Mizuno MP-59
Miura Black Wedge Series 52,56,60
Bettinardi Kuchar Model 2

#16 Sean25rp

Sean25rp

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82451
  • Handicap:7.7
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

View Postrustyputterguy, on 19 November 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

By this reasoning... what if the choice was to be anyone who golfed and not just a golfer on tour. Would it be Adam Scott or Justin Timberlake?

Pretty sure I could put up with being either!

#17 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

Jack Nicklaus

• Advanced Members
  • 11,650 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 3930

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

personally i'd still go Adam Scott. Timberlake seems like a cool guy but i wouldn't like to be THAT well known. Adam Scott can still go unnoticed in a lot of places. Privacy can be pretty nice too. I mean Scott could walk through downtown L.A and not get mobbed. To me he has it really good, well known enough to be like "hey isn't that Adam Scott?" but not so famous that you can't live a normal life. And at the end of the day you can still tell your kids that you were #3 in the world at one point.
Tom Wishon 919 @ 44.25 ---9.3 degrees
Callaway 3 Deep w/ PXv
Callaway X hot pro Hybrid 16/ PXv
Mizuno JPX825 wS300
Mizuno MPr-12 56 and 60 / Spinner
Ping IWI Craze

#18 imakaveli

imakaveli

Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

View PostMtlJeff, on 19 November 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

personally i'd still go Adam Scott. Timberlake seems like a cool guy but i wouldn't like to be THAT well known. Adam Scott can still go unnoticed in a lot of places. Privacy can be pretty nice too. I mean Scott could walk through downtown L.A and not get mobbed. To me he has it really good, well known enough to be like "hey isn't that Adam Scott?" but not so famous that you can't live a normal life. And at the end of the day you can still tell your kids that you were #3 in the world at one point.

Plus Timberlake told a golf poem at the Ryder Cup Opening... :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors