Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Are Scotty Cameron Putters worth it?

59 replies to this topic

#31 CallawayKID9

CallawayKID9

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3177
  • Ebay ID:joshjen95
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

ABSOLUTELY THEY ARE....not.  This is coming from a guy who just shelled out big $$$ for a Circle T.  Why did I?  I'm a putter ho...plain and simple...add it to my concubine.  Style of putter makes the biggest difference, not who made it...for me anyway.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 TheDarkOne

TheDarkOne

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,678 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67065
GolfWRX Likes : 576

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

I would recommend watching the BST. I saw a dude sell a copper plated Newport last week for 160 shipped. There are some TREMENDOUS deals to be had for those with minimal patience. Another perk of buying a Cameron over any other putter on the market is that they almost always appreciate if they are taken care of. The same could be said for the head covers and other accessories. In short if you try one and don't like, it's not hard to get your money back. That can't be said for a lot of other companies.

Above all else, they have a feel that is pure. Maybe it's mental, but I haven't tried anything else that compares in terms of "feel" I prefer for a putter. I suppose that's completely subjective however, but a lot of other people seem to agree including the previous world's number one with 14 Majors and the current world's number one with 2.

Edited by TheDarkOne, 20 November 2012 - 04:43 PM.

#33 TheMackDaddy

TheMackDaddy

Butyraceous

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128677
  • Ebay ID:capebretoner
GolfWRX Likes : 791

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostTheDarkOne, on 20 November 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

I would recommend watching the BST. I saw a dude sell a copper plated Newport last week for 160 shipped. There are some TREMENDOUS deals to be had for those with minimal patience. Another perk of buying a Cameron over any other putter on the market is that they almost always appreciate if they are taken care of. The same could be said for the head covers and other accessories. In short if you try one and don't like, it's not hard to get your money back. That can't be said for a lot of other companies.

Above all else, they have a feel that is pure. Maybe it's mental, but I haven't tried anything else that compares in terms of "feel" I prefer for a putter. I suppose that's completely subjective however, but a lot of other people seem to agree including the previous world's number one with 14 Majors and the current world's number one with 2.
Hey TDO I saw that putter how much could someone resell that for? $400?

#34 TheDarkOne

TheDarkOne

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,678 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67065
GolfWRX Likes : 576

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

View PostTheMackDaddy, on 20 November 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

View PostTheDarkOne, on 20 November 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

Hey TDO I saw that putter how much could someone resell that for? $400?

I think 400 might be a little high, but not by much. Take a look at that white stand bag they released last month. 4 bills if you buy it from Scott, on E bay in a few minutes for a grand, price has now settled around 700ish. In other words you buy the stand bag and hate it, sell it and MAKE 300 dollars.

This kind of economy doesn't exist around other OEMs or even other boutique manufacturers. When you buy a Cameron, it's a dual pay off investment. Either you get the dividends on the green, or you can re sell and go with another option and at worse break even. It should also stand to reason, there is merit in the price. These putters are often hard to get because people don't want to sell them. I know I have my core group of Cameron's that I would never consider parting with. Not so much because of their looks or worth, more because I have never played other putters that putt and feel as good as they do.

#35 WilCox

WilCox

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27591
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

View Poststage1350, on 18 November 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

No putter is worth it unless it helps you sink more putts.  Don't buy just based on a brand name.  This applies to all OEMs.

+1.  Expensive Camerons that don't fit your putting stroke are a waste of cash.

913D3 8.5*
TM V-Steel 14*
913H.d 20*
PING S56 4-P KBS
PING Tour 54*&60*
Odyssey #1W

#36 KjBowenWRX

KjBowenWRX

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,591 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83695
  • Handicap:5.8
GolfWRX Likes : 694

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

Scotty Cameron putters are well made, they look awesome, you can customize them in great detail and they hold their value better then any other putters. Now bagging a Cameron will not make you an amazing putter but if ur not happy with it would... You lose nothing.. Might even make a buck or 2
Taylormade RBZ Tour TP 9* - HD6
Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 14.5* - RUL 70
Taylormade RBZ Hybrid 19* - Matrix Xcon
Taylormade R9 TP  3 - PW - Project X 6.0
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 -  52/58 - Tour V
Cameron Newport 2 - Slighter customized
WITB Link

#37 ckay

ckay

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,916 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14808
  • Ebay ID:birdies_and_eagles
GolfWRX Likes : 228

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

Here's my take...there was a time when putters were under $150 and Camerons priced in at $299.  Was it twice as good as everything else on the market?  NO!  However, we've gotten to the point where $200 for a putter is an almost expected price point.  That being said, you can find mint 1.5 Studio Selects on eBay for less than $200, $250 for a new one.  That is the only way I would buy another Cameron, to watch eBay for a reasonably priced example of the model I am looking for.

I've played Camerons since 1997.  I swore I would always have a Cameron in the bag.  I've played GSS, 009s, etc.  The only thing Cameron I have now is a hybrid cover I got for free for a club that didn't have a cover.

With that said, Camerons are aesthetically pleasing to the eye.  It just "fits."  I am not a huge fan of the new line, and if I were in the market for another, I would patiently watch eBay for the older Studio Stainless for a Newport II 350g.  A mint one sold for $172.  Or a 1.5 Newport Beach 340g.  I lost interest when the Studio Selects came out as they look a little too clunky at this point.
Taylormade R1 V2 Element Chrome 7F5T
Taylormade RBZ 17.5* Diamana Shaqx
Adams Pro Black 20* Ozik Altus
TM Satin RBZ Tour 4-PW DG Pro X100
34/350 Odyssey ProType 6
51/55/60 588 Raw Custom Grinds
WITB Link

#38 puttingmatt

puttingmatt

puttingmatt

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50753
  • Ebay ID:puttingmatt
GolfWRX Likes : 178

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

The so-called worth of any putter is, does it put the ball in the hole !!
I have had Camerons from the past, and liked them !! Are they the best ?
That is up to the user !!!
Callaway BB Alpha 9* Driver
Tour Edge Exotics CB5 3  Wood
TEE XCG6 19* & 24*  Hybrids
Callawy Apex pro  5 thru PW  Irons
Odyssey Metal X Milled Versa 9 HT Putter
Vokey 50*, 54*, & 58* Wedges

#39 KjBowenWRX

KjBowenWRX

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,591 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83695
  • Handicap:5.8
GolfWRX Likes : 694

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

Here is my take on my Scotty Cameron...

I have always been a great putter so which ever putter i use i do well with.

1- if you 2 putt 12 greens and 1 putt 5 greens and have one 3 putt which in my eyes is a good day putting. That's 31 putts ... Which is way more then you Will hit any other single club

2- a putter really doesn't become obsolete so spending alot on one isn't a waste

3- owning a top shelf putter is a little prestigious and i work hard for my money and i like nice things

4- i love that i can keep this putter for 10 years and then sell it and virtually lose no money there is no other club in your bag you can say that about

so to me.. Are Camerons worth it...

YES! ... But its what it would mean to you..
Taylormade RBZ Tour TP 9* - HD6
Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 14.5* - RUL 70
Taylormade RBZ Hybrid 19* - Matrix Xcon
Taylormade R9 TP  3 - PW - Project X 6.0
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 -  52/58 - Tour V
Cameron Newport 2 - Slighter customized
WITB Link

#40 oneaugusta

oneaugusta

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14191
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

View Postckay, on 25 November 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

Here's my take...there was a time when putters were under $150 and Camerons priced in at $299.  Was it twice as good as everything else on the market?  NO!  However, we've gotten to the point where $200 for a putter is an almost expected price point.  That being said, you can find mint 1.5 Studio Selects on eBay for less than $200, $250 for a new one.  That is the only way I would buy another Cameron, to watch eBay for a reasonably priced example of the model I am looking for.

I've played Camerons since 1997.  I swore I would always have a Cameron in the bag.  I've played GSS, 009s, etc.  The only thing Cameron I have now is a hybrid cover I got for free for a club that didn't have a cover.

With that said, Camerons are aesthetically pleasing to the eye.  It just "fits."  I am not a huge fan of the new line, and if I were in the market for another, I would patiently watch eBay for the older Studio Stainless for a Newport II 350g.  A mint one sold for $172.  Or a 1.5 Newport Beach 340g.  I lost interest when the Studio Selects came out as they look a little too clunky at this point.

I agree with you totally.  One question: did they make the Newport Beach 1.5 in a 340 head?  Looked but never seen one.
Funny you should mention the Studio Stainless Newport 11 350 gram, I bought one off another member and sent to lamont to weld on a flow neck and re-mill the face, my plan is then to refinish myself.   It will no doubt be awsome when Lamont does his artistry.  Just something special about that series, the stainless just feels much better than the newer ones.

Edited by oneaugusta, 25 November 2012 - 06:57 PM.

Titleist 913 D2 Oban Kiyoshi purple
TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
Srixon ZTX2's Nippon Modus 120
Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125
Byron Morgan DH11 Mixed Metal Rincon
Byron Morgan 612 Mixed Metal Rincon

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#41 onafriday

onafriday

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39284
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Yes, but can I play blades?
i25 9.5* w/ 'ahina
xHot Pro 15* w/ Fubuki K
SLDR TP Hybrid 19*
Royal Collection Tour VS (4-PW) X100
Vokey SM5 50F, 54S, 58M
Kingston KP1 w/ SS 2.0

#42 Jc0

Jc0

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119066
  • Handicap:+0.1
GolfWRX Likes : 85

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

If it puts the ball in the hole better than any other putter you try then its up to you. If any putter you try works better then it then get the one that works better.  A putter should fit you, you shouldn't have to fit the putter.

#43 Al.J

Al.J

I hate winter!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209541
  • Handicap:1.9
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Love my Scotty I've had 3  previous to my current one. It is all about getting it in the hole though and if you find something you like go for it. I almost went with the Taylor Made Spider but on the practice green i made more with the Scotty.
Titleist D2 8.5* Rip 70x
Titleist 910F 15* Ahina 82
Cobra 18* Baffler Pro Fujikura Stiff
Titleist 714AP2 3-P DG TI S400
Vokey Spin Milled 56* and 52*
Kombi Mid Counterbalanced  38"

#44 Scotty1140

Scotty1140

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132137
GolfWRX Likes : 179

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

Is a Corvette worth it? Is a rolex worth it?

For some yes, for some no. Simple as that.

#45 oneaugusta

oneaugusta

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14191
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

View Postonafriday, on 25 November 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

Yes, but can I play blades?
Only if you switch the change in your pocket and squint your eyes.

Titleist 913 D2 Oban Kiyoshi purple
TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
Srixon ZTX2's Nippon Modus 120
Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125
Byron Morgan DH11 Mixed Metal Rincon
Byron Morgan 612 Mixed Metal Rincon

#46 ckay

ckay

Major Winner

• 1,916 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14808
  • Ebay ID:birdies_and_eagles
GolfWRX Likes : 228

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

View Postoneaugusta, on 25 November 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

View Postckay, on 25 November 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

I agree with you totally.  One question: did they make the Newport Beach 1.5 in a 340 head?  Looked but never seen one.
Funny you should mention the Studio Stainless Newport 11 350 gram, I bought one off another member and sent to lamont to weld on a flow neck and re-mill the face, my plan is then to refinish myself.   It will no doubt be awsome when Lamont does his artistry.  Just something special about that series, the stainless just feels much better than the newer ones.
You're right, what I was thinking of was a Newport Beach in a 340.  There was one that sold for $185 a couple weeks back on the Bay...d'oh!
Taylormade R1 V2 Element Chrome 7F5T
Taylormade RBZ 17.5* Diamana Shaqx
Adams Pro Black 20* Ozik Altus
TM Satin RBZ Tour 4-PW DG Pro X100
34/350 Odyssey ProType 6
51/55/60 588 Raw Custom Grinds
WITB Link

#47 pauliodotnet

pauliodotnet

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 210541
  • Ebay ID:h00kup
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

To me, any putter is worth the money if you are comfortable and confident standing over a ball with the putter in your hand.

Whether it's a scotty, a ping, a TM, whatever.

Your putter is your most used club, so investing in that part of the game to me, is most important.

I value my putter and short game clubs much more than that of a driver/long irons. When I stand over the ball with 150 yards in, I know I that's my strength and I have the clubs that are in my mind "given."

#48 vwgolfer

vwgolfer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5955
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

No. But my Piretti is.

#49 PhilsFanDrew

PhilsFanDrew

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134254
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

View PostScotty1140, on 26 November 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

Thats my thoughts exactly.  I am a big fan of the Creed fragrance house and it sells for as much as $100 more than a similar sized designer fragrance from a brand like Dolce and Gabbana.  Does it smell that much better than D&G?  For the majority absolutely not but I like it because I know I don't smell like the masses and the ingredients are natural.

#50 cjfrankum

cjfrankum

• 24 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208475
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

Amazing putters

Edited by cjfrankum, 30 November 2012 - 07:25 AM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#51 StuartRS

StuartRS

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65551
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

only really you can decide if its worth it.

I recently purchases a very good Studio Select 2.6 for 140.  I did try and really liked the newer black mist, deep mill 2.6, but at 240 for basically the same putter, for me, it wasn't worth it.
Cleveland Classic XL 10.5 S @44 1/4
Benross V5 18* Accra Dymatch RT
Ping i15 4-Pw AWT S
Titleist Vokey 52* DG S200
MD Beryllium 56* PX flighted 6.0
Seemore FGP Brass (black finish)

#52 twixster888

twixster888

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27304
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

View PostStudentGolfer, on 18 November 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

I need to buy a new putter; I'm currently using the Nike method 001 and I have to say, it's pretty bad. The weighting is horrible and it just feels clunky. So a couple weeks ago I was trying out a few putters, and the one that really stood out for me was the Scotty Cameron Studio Select 1.5. It just felt fantastic. My question is, do I spend the $350 or look for an alternative? Are there any good alternatives? People spend $400 on their drivers all the time, and the putter is used the most in every round, so why not spend the extra cash? I'm just wondering if the Scotty is really worth it. Also, if you have any recommendations for good alternatives for the Scotty, feel free to mention them.

I think it is worth it for the quality craftsmanship you get.  It holds resale value as well.

#53 Titleist-Golfer

Titleist-Golfer

Go Navy! Beat Army!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70369
  • Ebay ID:goswo

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

I just purchased two additional Scotty's this week ... at a cost too shameful to admit.  YES, I like Cameron putters a lot.  Go for it!  You won't be disappointed.  Further, if you buy right (BST), you can always flip for approximately the same price if you late change your mind.  Try that with an Odyssey, YES, or Nike putter
:)

R&D Proto Concept 1 "Tour Rat" (deep milled)

[attachment=1437381:IMG_1156.jpg]

[attachment=1437431:IMG_1159.jpg]

[attachment=1437389:IMG_1163.jpg]

Newport 350g 3X w/ Tour Dots (COA --- A016366)

[attachment=1437439:Cavity.png]

[attachment=1437435:Face.png]
Titleist 913D3 8.5* Fuel proto 65X                 Titleist 913Fd 15* Fuel 70X                 Titleist 712U 2 DG S-300                 Crazy ltd MB 3-PW DG Pro S-300                 Vokey Forged 52* & TVD BV 58* DGTI                 Newport TeI3 sole stamp                 WITB Link

#54 Titleist-Golfer

Titleist-Golfer

Go Navy! Beat Army!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70369
  • Ebay ID:goswo

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

View PostScotty1140, on 26 November 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

I think so ...

[attachment=1437487:ZR1.jpg]

[attachment=1437475:Rolex-Submariner-116610-LV-Under copy.jpg]

Edited by Titleist-Golfer, 30 November 2012 - 09:26 PM.

Titleist 913D3 8.5* Fuel proto 65X                 Titleist 913Fd 15* Fuel 70X                 Titleist 712U 2 DG S-300                 Crazy ltd MB 3-PW DG Pro S-300                 Vokey Forged 52* & TVD BV 58* DGTI                 Newport TeI3 sole stamp                 WITB Link

#55 luck box

luck box

Gamble Gamble.

• 487 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 198076
  • Ebay ID:luckboxgolf
GolfWRX Likes : 164

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

I was always sporadic with putting, then I started hitting a Cameron I picked up on ebay and my putting numbers went lower and lower.  But it was not just the numbers that went lower it was my confidence that went up.  Initially I was pretty confident around a 5 foot radius of the cup.  After the cameron I am confident that I can one putt the majority of the time within 10-12 feet.  If you think mathematically it made my effective target range on the green from 78 sqft to (conservatively) 314 sqft.

Was it because the cameron is a more well crafted putter?  I'm not sure, but I am more confident pulling it out of the bag.  So whether its the construction or the confidence due to millions of dollars of brand equity, it really does not matter as long as you don't 3 putt.

SLDR | Anser | XCG7b
MP64 | MPR4 | MPT11
Cameron Newport 2.6
WITB Link

#56 Stick Shootin

Stick Shootin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127507
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

View Postcardia10, on 20 November 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

It's like dating a big girl. The Cameron may be the tall skinny blonde, but she will cost you in the end in more ways than one. The big girl will always be by your side for the right reasons. Find you a big girl that may be a little rough around the edges and enjoy a life time of fun! She may wander now and then, but she always knows who rescued her from her attractive friend. You may even find a putter you like along the way.

haha I could not stop laughing when I read this! Hit the nail right on the head.

#57 dunleat

dunleat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222705
  • Ebay ID:jadunlea4
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostStudentGolfer, on 18 November 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

I need to buy a new putter; I'm currently using the Nike method 001 and I have to say, it's pretty bad. The weighting is horrible and it just feels clunky. So a couple weeks ago I was trying out a few putters, and the one that really stood out for me was the Scotty Cameron Studio Select 1.5. It just felt fantastic. My question is, do I spend the $350 or look for an alternative? Are there any good alternatives? People spend $400 on their drivers all the time, and the putter is used the most in every round, so why not spend the extra cash? I'm just wondering if the Scotty is really worth it. Also, if you have any recommendations for good alternatives for the Scotty, feel free to mention them.

i bought a custom black cameron on ebay last year for around $170. putting is alot about confidence and momentum. knowing i have what i want gives me confidence. heres my advice. dont always buy the next thing the market spits out for top dollar. find something that when you pull it out of the bag, you dont think twice. i found that in my cameron. you will too

#58 Jry021

Jry021

• 16 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 198262
  • Ebay ID:Specialforces121
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Interesting question...I like SC putters...I buy-sell-trade them...got a real surprise when last year I bought -traded 4 putters
I got the poor mans tour putter...350g 34' SC Mil Spec putter with a titanium light weight shaft..from a senior tour player.
It is a thing of beauty...it is as close to tour as you can get...and not spend the monies for a 009
My thoughts
Jry021

#59 etmccain

etmccain

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 181876
  • Ebay ID:sieber1012
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Scotty's are great putters, well made and very nice to look at.  But as many others have said, if a putter isn't right for you or your stroke it isn't worth a dime.  I've got a few Scotty's and have no complaints about any of them, but there is a TM Ghost Spider in my bag right now that I can't seem miss with.

If you're wanting an Anser-style head but not wanting to drop the coin on a Scotty the Ping Anser Milled and Redwood Ansers are both phenomenal putters.  The Redwood's can be had for around $100 or less on eBay and the Anser Milled run a little closer to the Scotty Cameron price range.

#60 PingG10guy

PingG10guy

Major Winner

• 3,746 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77622
GolfWRX Likes : 149

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Scotty...nice putters.

But the pricing of tour models is tricky.  People get in the door at $600 or so, or are given the putters, turn around and sell them for $1300-whatever you can imagine. Jetsetter comes to mind.

I like the feel of bettinardi.  And you pay what they are worth more often than Cameron without the strange price inflation.

The off the rack models are priced accurately in my opinion though.  Tour models isn't something I'd recommend because of inflated pricing and the tiny difference in feel versus off the rack.  

Want a unique model? But otr and get it to their shop for custom work.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors