Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Golfsmith salesman just lost a pretty good sale...

40 replies to this topic

#1 herbygolf21

herbygolf21

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31193
  • Ebay ID:cmherrbach
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

Today I decided to go into the Chandler, AZ Golfsmith store to tinker around with 3 woods because I had nothing else to do and it is the only club in my bag that I am not very happy with. I went in there at about 1:00 and it was pretty empty. I made my way back to the hitting bays and to my surprise, nobody was hitting golf balls.

I started hitting balls with 4 different 3 woods.

#1 - TEE CB2 15* with Harrison Saga 70x
#2 - TM RBZ tour 14.5* with stock stiff Matrix
#3 - Ping Anser 14.5* with stock Stiff
#4 - Adams Super Fairway 14.5* XTD with stock stiff

After about 20 minutes of hitting balls I came to the conclusion that the TEE CB2 was the hottest fairway, followed by the Anser, then the Adams, then last was the TM RBZ. These were just my results, but the TEE kept my ball speeds in the low 150 mph range while the last place RBZ was right about 139-141. Adams was right around 144 and the surprise Anser was in the 147-149 range.

Anyhow, I then start to think...I wonder how good I would hit a TEE CB4 driver. I grab one off the shelf with a RIP Alpha in it and proceed to start killing the ball. My normal problem with a driver is too much spin. It is maybe 1 out of 40 golf balls I hit with my driver, a Ping Anser 8.5* with Ahina X Flex, that has RPM's under 3000. I hit 25 balls with the TEE CB4 and my highest spin rate was 2897. Wow! I may have found a winner. My Anser results are carry distance of about 265 with total distance in the 285 - 293 range. Maybe one out of 15 or so will creep just over 300.

I then proceed to hit 15 in a row at the 303 - 314 range with this TEE. Also, my carry distance increased from 265 with the Ping to 274 with the TEE. So, I am pretty much sold and am just hitting a few more balls to kill some time.

That's when the salesman, we will call him mustache, decides to come over and try to swipe an easy commission. He comes over to the computer and looks at my results and proceeds to clear every shot I have hit from the memory without asking me anything. He then says, "Wow, you look like you are hitting it well. I think that's a good driver based on your swing." I say thanks.

Mustache then proceeds to tell me that he thinks I can hit it farther if I were to tee it higher. He tells me to reach down and put in the taller tee. I figure, why not, so I make the adjustment. Well, while I am doing this, I see him changing the settings in the monitor. The idiot decides that I need to start hitting the ball with 20 mph of helping wind. Of course, he does not think I know what he is doing. I then hit 3 balls and wouldn't you know it, each one was over 330 yards. He tells me that I am hitting it farther than anyone he has seen in a long time...blah blah blah.

Mustache asks me if I want to buy the TEE driver. I then tell him, in front of another customer who showed up as I was hitting my 330 yard bombs (B*LL$H1t), "Actually, I was going to buy both the driver and the 3 wood, but I think I am going to pass."

With a surprised look on his face, he asks why. I told him that I know what he did to the launch monitor settings, and that I would buy my clubs on a day that I knew he was not working so that an honest salesman might benefit from the commission. Mustache then tells me that he was sorry and that he usually does this to customers that need that extra little push to buy a club. He then tries to flatter me and tell me that he knew I wasn't one of those customers, and that I was hitting it so well. I simply turned to him as I was walking away and said, "Could you make sure those clubs get back to the rack for me? Thanks."

What a ******. That guy just cost his store the sale of a driver and 3 wood. I guess I will just have to find them on the BST. Thanks for reading my venting.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Shwagin1066

Shwagin1066

With A Little Draw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13809
  • Handicap:+3.0
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

HA! Love it. I can't stand some GolfSmith employees.
Titleist 910D3 9.5 Fujikura Rombax 7z08
Titleist 906F2 15 Diamana Blueboard 83
Titleist 712U 2 Dynamic Gold
Titleist 712 CB 3-5 MB 6-9 Dynamic Gold
Titleist Vokey SM5 46.08 TVD M 52 58
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport

#3 KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 161101
GolfWRX Likes : 568

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

I noticed a GS salesman do almost the same thing. My son was testing the 913 and the Anser when he came over, quickly cleared the screen that had all of his swings. Then after every swing he would clear it as fast as he could. Don't know why, but he was no help at all.

#4 herbygolf21

herbygolf21

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

Yes, he also began clearing every shot after I hit it. The funny thing is I was hitting them so well that I was going to buy them.

#5 Sean2

Sean2

Wait...what?

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 17,308 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 3892

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

I guess you could say he took things a little too far.

Callaway Big Bertha 9.5
Callaway X2 Hot 17
Callaway X2 Hot 21
TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52 / 58
SC Newport 2 Dual Balance

#6 npham

npham

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207159
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

I wonder how many guys have been fooled by tactics like this...
Titleist 913 D2 AD DI 7X tipped 1"
Titleist 913 FD D+ X Flex
Titleist 913 HD D+ X Flex
Mizuno MP-53 PW-4i KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist SM4 52/56/60 KBS Wedge Shafts S
Scotty Cameron Del Mar

#7 Mr. Grumpy

Mr. Grumpy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140787
GolfWRX Likes : 65

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

i was in testing irons one day and was spraying left and right of the target, maybe one on the green out of 30-40 shots... A salesman asked if I had tried the new Ping I20's. He reset the display and handed me a 6 iron. Out of 15 shots, 12 landed on the green and one was an ace.. It was so night and day between these and the previous shots that I felt something must be amiss...
Titleist 913 D3
Bridgestone DPC
Adams Super S 3
Cleveland 588 wedge
Cleveland Mashie
Old Ping Putter

#8 One_Putt_Blunder

One_Putt_Blunder

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,209 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56737
GolfWRX Likes : 410

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

Terrific call not reward slime ball tactics :clapping:
9.5 9064 Oban Devotion 06
14.5 X Hot 3 Deep
18* IDEA PRO Hybrid the OG
RAZR X Forged 4-PW
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill
Vokey 52/56/60 200series/TVDK/TVDMgrind
WITB Link

#9 highergr0und

highergr0und

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52319
  • Ebay ID:highergr0und0
GolfWRX Likes : 672

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

So you knew you had a club that was PERFECT for you and didn't buy it because a guy changed some numbers after you were sold?  Pros go through tons of clubs trying to find that one that is just right for them, and you just found the first driver you've ever hit that brought spin down.  I would've bought that club pretty much no matter what.

It would've been pretty easy to ask to speak to a manager, then talk to him about the sales tactics.  You might have at least been able to get the commission moved to someone else.  The only way to get change to happen is to take action, and by action I mean forcing change.  Walking out of a store doesn't really do much to that end.

#10 SPY ZINGER

SPY ZINGER

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,972 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14712
GolfWRX Likes : 122

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

Do they even get commission at Golfsmith?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 TRoc9892

TRoc9892

NICE SHOT!

• 679 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106037
  • Handicap:0.o
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

View Posthighergr0und, on 17 November 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

So you knew you had a club that was PERFECT for you and didn't buy it because a guy changed some numbers after you were sold?  Pros go through tons of clubs trying to find that one that is just right for them, and you just found the first driver you've ever hit that brought spin down.  I would've bought that club pretty much no matter what.

It would've been pretty easy to ask to speak to a manager, then talk to him about the sales tactics.  You might have at least been able to get the commission moved to someone else.  The only way to get change to happen is to take action, and by action I mean forcing change.  Walking out of a store doesn't really do much to that end.
Talking to the managers wouldnt've done anything. They'd only take is as needing to be more careful.

View PostSPY ZINGER, on 18 November 2012 - 12:36 AM, said:

Yea. Unless he was a manager. It's not much either.

Edited by TRoc9892, 18 November 2012 - 01:26 AM.

Nike VR_S w/ Diamana ION 'ahina 70s
Callaway Razr Fit 15 w/ UST VTS Silver 7
Callaway X Utility 18
4-PW Callaway X-Prototype w/ S300
Byron Morgan 006
Cleveland 50, Nike VR Pro 56, T Vokey 60

#12 Beatupfender

Beatupfender

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 146717
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

I was only trying to help!....

#13 Chief Illiniwek

Chief Illiniwek

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59803
GolfWRX Likes : 522

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

No need to take a shot at mustaches in my opinion. It can't help that it's attached to a moron.

#14 J13

J13

@jminis13

• 9,259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
GolfWRX Likes : 1153

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

View PostChief Illiniwek, on 18 November 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

No need to take a shot at mustaches in my opinion. It can't help that it's attached to a moron.

haha you make a good point.  The mustache is not the problem here it's really the management of the stores that train their employees to do this.
Silly Season Bag
Callawrx 1
Cally Vegas shoot

#15 SPY ZINGER

SPY ZINGER

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,972 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

View PostTRoc9892, on 18 November 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

View Posthighergr0und, on 17 November 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

Talking to the managers wouldnt've done anything. They'd only take is as needing to be more careful.

Yea. Unless he was a manager. It's not much either.
Ok, thanks.

The stash is probably a Movember grow...

#16 fore_life

fore_life

REPS AND TRAJ...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,714 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59484
GolfWRX Likes : 509

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Haha I know the moustache guy who you are talking about, he's a sleeze ball for sure!

I was up there with another member, he was gonna get a set of used irons, stache was trying to sell him pretty hard. My buddy asks if he ca do any better on the price, guy says no way, you're gettig a deal already, even though they were waaaaaay over priced. Buddy says no thanks, and gets ready to leave when stache says hold on, ok I can knock like $50 off. That guy is a ******, I much prefer the chandler PGA
Cobra biocell PRO px 6.5
txxx burner 2.0 13.5 UST Attas 80x
txxx burner 2.0 18.5 ahina 80x
callaway  quad dot V protos 4-P ctaper X
raw txxx xft 51, xft 55/60
odyssey ti-hot 1
WITB Link

#17 m5power

m5power

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52647
  • Handicap:4.6
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

Come on who are you kidding? This is WRX. You weren't really going to buy those woods. Mustache was a convenient excuse. Sure that was a dbag move he pulled but you tried it there and now you're ready to scour the BST for a great deal.
R1 v2 AD BB7
R11 3 wood
RBZ tour 18.5 hybrid
4-pw TM MC 2014 KBS
52, 56 Nike vforged 60 TM ATV
TM Ghost 880

#18 daco81se

daco81se

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52866
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

I'm sure things have changed, but I worked for Nevada Bob's here in Houston for a year or so back in the late eighties, we didn't get paid anything for the top mfr's sets (Ping, Titleist, Callaway ect), but they paid us "spiffs" on make up clubs (remember Prima's, they called me the Prima man as I played those and thought they were just as good as the Eye 2's and I switched many of customers that came in looking for Eye 2's) like $5-10 a set, and other clubs they were running promotions on, $1-$2 for all the shoes, $1 for regrips, but other than that we just made our salary.
That was back when a handful of tees (had a barrel of them, you got as much as you could grab w/ 1 hand) were $1, man have things changed, gotten way more expensive.

#19 +Church

+Church

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147683
  • Ebay ID:church717
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

OP - You did the right thing!  That guy should be fired for doing something like that.  And he even admitted he lies to people to make a sale.  What a scumbag.

#20 Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136468
GolfWRX Likes : 514

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

You guys won't believe this story. First of all, I work at Golfsmith. Our work is participating in Movember, and I have thus far helped raise $500 by growing a mustache.  Anyway, I am working today, and it is COMPLETELY dead.  I'm talking, only 1 guy has been in here all day, and that was because his kid had to pee.  

So this duffer came in, all decked out in his golf gear. Dude- it has been dark for 2 hours.  The guy starts grabbing clubs and ends up hitting about 200 golf balls. It was pretty obvious that he came in only for a free practice session.  I forgot to mention his swing- Alan Doyle would be ashamed.  

After about an hour of hitting drive after drive that travelled about 220 yards with a wicked slice, I went on over to try and pick up a sale. I mean, I have bills to pay, and I am considering proposing to my girlfriend.  Anyway, I removed the history from the launch monitor. The guy hit so many bad shots that the screen looked looked like a rainbow of duck hooks and slices to right field. I also felt bad, because he just had no distance. So, to help the guy feel good about his game, I gave him a little bit of a tailwind. Lo and behold, he starting hitting "bombs" out to 240-250 yards.  

The customer had the tee about 0.25" off the ground, so I politely recommended that he tee the ball a little higher so that he could get more than 20 feet of elevation on the tee shot.  He gives me a "piss off" smirk but complies. BAM! He instantly gained about 10 yards. This guy found one club. a TEE CB4 that he really started hitting well, so I asked him if he would like for me to ring him up.  He calls me out on adjusting the launch monitor settings and that he will not be buying a club because of it.

Am I completely wrong in thinking this customer is a complete jerk and moocher? Why would you refuse to buy a club that you can actually hit well?  Maybe I should have charged him for the practice session and lesson.

Edited by Rock Chalk Jayhawk, 18 November 2012 - 06:44 PM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 lander215

lander215

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65964
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Posted Image

#22 Mulligan26

Mulligan26

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28075
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostRock Chalk Jayhawk, on 18 November 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

You guys won't believe this story. First of all, I work at Golfsmith. Our work is participating in Movember, and I have thus far helped raise $500 by growing a mustache.  Anyway, I am working today, and it is COMPLETELY dead.  I'm talking, only 1 guy has been in here all day, and that was because his kid had to pee.  

So this duffer came in, all decked out in his golf gear. Dude- it has been dark for 2 hours.  The guy starts grabbing clubs and ends up hitting about 200 golf balls. It was pretty obvious that he came in only for a free practice session.  I forgot to mention his swing- Alan Doyle would be ashamed.  

After about an hour of hitting drive after drive that travelled about 220 yards with a wicked slice, I went on over to try and pick up a sale. I mean, I have bills to pay, and I am considering proposing to my girlfriend.  Anyway, I removed the history from the launch monitor. The guy hit so many bad shots that the screen looked looked like a rainbow of duck hooks and slices to right field. I also felt bad, because he just had no distance. So, to help the guy feel good about his game, I gave him a little bit of a tailwind. Lo and behold, he starting hitting "bombs" out to 240-250 yards.  

The customer had the tee about 0.25" off the ground, so I politely recommended that he tee the ball a little higher so that he could get more than 20 feet of elevation on the tee shot.  He gives me a "piss off" smirk but complies. BAM! He instantly gained about 10 yards. This guy found one club. a TEE CB4 that he really started hitting well, so I asked him if he would like for me to ring him up.  He calls me out on adjusting the launch monitor settings and that he will not be buying a club because of it.

Am I completely wrong in thinking this customer is a complete jerk and moocher? Why would you refuse to buy a club that you can actually hit well?  Maybe I should have charged him for the practice session and lesson.

Ahahaha

#23 billyhandsomeface

billyhandsomeface

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121119
  • Handicap:9.3
GolfWRX Likes : 223

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

At the Austin headquarters, you can take the clubs to the outdoor range and hit them. This much better in my opinion, plus they don't go out there with you.  They fit in the bays.
I AM AN FBI AGENT!!!!

#24 awil

awil

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127152
  • Ebay ID:aaronwilson1995
GolfWRX Likes : 117

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Hahah I stopped buying from gs last year check my threads  I started web they never returned my money and never cancelled my order

#25 TRoc9892

TRoc9892

NICE SHOT!

• 679 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106037
  • Handicap:0.o
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Actaully yea I think you are. It's a pretty cheap trick to have him focus on something as trivial as his tee height to keep his attention away from you beefing up the moniter. He hit the TEE almost 300, I hardly think he needs and help to "feel good about his game." The intention was clearly to get the sale without a care in the world about the customer's fit to the club.
Nice trick, jerk. I hope your girlfriend dumps you.

Nike VR_S w/ Diamana ION 'ahina 70s
Callaway Razr Fit 15 w/ UST VTS Silver 7
Callaway X Utility 18
4-PW Callaway X-Prototype w/ S300
Byron Morgan 006
Cleveland 50, Nike VR Pro 56, T Vokey 60

#26 FLGOLFJUNKIE

FLGOLFJUNKIE

Hard Work Pays Off!!!

• 945 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143083
GolfWRX Likes : 113

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

I love it....OP, you need to realize that this is simply a sales tactic very common through Golfsmith's across the US. You do need to realize, that the "honest" salesman you give the sale to in the future, is the guy that's probably leading the store in sales, using the same tactic the other salesman tried to use on you. I do not even dare go to one of those stores, it reminds me of the Enterprise Rent-A-Car of golf stores.

#27 MP4orged

MP4orged

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116259
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

View Postm5power, on 18 November 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

Come on who are you kidding? This is WRX. You weren't really going to buy those woods. Mustache was a convenient excuse. Sure that was a dbag move he pulled but you tried it there and now you're ready to scour the BST for a great deal.

+1, OP u know you weren't really there to buy a new club.

#28 CCUgolfer23

CCUgolfer23

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185402
GolfWRX Likes : 316

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

View PostTRoc9892, on 18 November 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

Actaully yea I think you are. It's a pretty cheap trick to have him focus on something as trivial as his tee height to keep his attention away from you beefing up the moniter. He hit the TEE almost 300, I hardly think he needs and help to "feel good about his game." The intention was clearly to get the sale without a care in the world about the customer's fit to the club.
Nice trick, jerk. I hope your girlfriend dumps you.

In his story he actually said he changed the wind BEFORE he gave him the advice. But I do agree, don't try to inflate an ego, if they suck then they suck but let them suck in whatever works best for him. Don't try to make him feel better. Im glad we at the PGA Tour Superstores don't get commission because then you do cheap dirty stuff just to make a few extra dollars.
Titleist 910 d3 oban devotion 6 04 flex
Titleist 910 15* motore speeder vc 7.1
Titleist 910 19* pink bimatrix xstiff
Titleist 704 5 iron/6-pw 670 mb KBS tour
Ping gorge 51, tour s 55/59
Scotty cameron Red X
WITB Link

#29 SPY ZINGER

SPY ZINGER

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,972 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostFLGOLFJUNKIE, on 18 November 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

I love it....OP, you need to realize that this is simply a sales tactic very common through Golfsmith's across the US. You do need to realize, that the "honest" salesman you give the sale to in the future, is the guy that's probably leading the store in sales, using the same tactic the other salesman tried to use on you. I do not even dare go to one of those stores, it reminds me of the Enterprise Rent-A-Car of golf stores.
I never understood the Enterprise gig either?  They're renting cars like they're selling used cars...

#30 herbygolf21

herbygolf21

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

View Postmiz85uno, on 18 November 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

View Postm5power, on 18 November 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

+1, OP u know you weren't really there to buy a new club.

I actually used to manage a golf store. I still like to support retail stores whenever I can. I prefer to buy clubs new, that way I know they are authentic and that they have the warranty. It is good for the industry for some people to buy clubs new. That being said, I do buy my fair share of clubs on eBay and through the BST. I just refuse to buy from a salesman who pulls that crap.

Plus, I feel a small obligation to stores that allow me to sit in there and demo a club for quite a while. When I was running a pro shop, it drove me nuts to let somebody demo a club for an hour or longer, love the club, then go home and buy it on ebay.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors