Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

choosing golf shoes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 golfer3345

golfer3345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 211771
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

I was wondering if those of you who've had the oppurtunity to wear any of the following golf shoes might let me know of your experience or any preference you might have to any of them. I'm ready to move on from my greenjoys and narrowed my choices to these few. Apart from reading reviews my choices consist barely beyond looks and customer service recomendations, as trying a shoe on in the store does not tell me what they'll feel like as I'm walking the course. Adidas tour 360 atv, Nike air zoom tw 2012, Nike zoom advance, Footjoy contour series priced at $99, as the shop man told me this was one their best sellers. Please let me know your thoughts and I thank you.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 MarkFromTheUK

MarkFromTheUK

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140175
  • Handicap:LH
GolfWRX Likes : 599

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

I had a pair of 360 ATVs for a while, and they were incredibly comfortable and gave a really good grip in all conditions. Unfortunately however, the sole is far too aggressive, and I ended up selling them on ebay as I hated seeing how they chewed up the greens. If you're considering Adidas, I would go for Adipures instead.

I've never worn Nike shoes, and don't intend to, and haven't worn Footjoy since they stopped making Classics, so I can't help you with the other options you mentioned.

Have you considered Puma? They make some awesome shoes. I have a few pairs of their Super Cell Fusion Ice LE, and a couple pairs of Neo Classic Protype, and I think they are the best shoes available right now.

Bullet Hollowpoint Driver 8.5
Howson Hippo 3 wood
Nike Slingshot Irons
Bronty Chipmaster Mk.III
Alien Sand Wedge
TM Nubbins Putter

#3 Spiritomb

Spiritomb

Just Because You Can Doesn't Mean You Should

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 211969
GolfWRX Likes : 201

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

Get the Footjoy contour, i've been wearing them for a long time and there very durable. I just put Champ stingers on them and they feel really nice.
Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
Callaway Diablo Octane 15*
Callaway Diablo DRS 21* & 24*
Custom Turbo Power FBS 6-PW
Callaway Jaws CC 56 & 60
Axis1 Umbra

#4 Sean25rp

Sean25rp

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82451
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

Agree the 360 ATV's are super comfy. I also have some Nike Lunars which are also very comfy, lightweight and look more traditional than the Adidas pair.

#5 ESP

ESP

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131798
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

I have worn the previous three versions of the Adidis 360 prior to the ATV.  They are comfortable and very good shoes.  However, I bought a pair of Nike Lunar Controls this year and they are more comfortable in my opinion.  The Nike's are quite a bit lighter in weight than the 360s.  I don't know if the weight makes that much difference or if the Nike's are that much more comfortable, but I feel much less tired after walking 18 in the Nikes versus 360s.  I have suffered from planter fasciatis in the past and pay close attention to comfortable golf shoes.  Can't go wrong with either shoe, but the Nikes work better for me.

SLDR 430 9* Aldila Tour Green Stiff
SLDR TS 14* & 17* Black Tie Stiff
MP64 4 iron C-Taper Stiff
MP4 5-9 C-Taper Stiff
Vokey SM4 46, 52, 56, 60 C-Taper Stiff
Newport 2

#6 pureroll

pureroll

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77995
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Golflocker.com has the ATV for less than $100 this weekend....good deal

#7 mac94

mac94

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,471 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25038
GolfWRX Likes : 253

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Contours are very comfortable. As a grown man I refuse to use the word "comfy." ;)

#8 natedd

natedd

Mid-30s, Mid-Handi & trying to get in shape

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131271
GolfWRX Likes : 173

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

If you have a wider foot Adidas and Nike are going to be narrow. Some of the models you mention have wide versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors