Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Foursomes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 titleist fan 1

titleist fan 1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207693
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Hi, im 14 years old and i play off scratch and my normal golf ball is the titleist pro v1x i play every single day after school (only 9 weekdays because of how quick it goes dark here in the UK) but the other week playing in one my clubs foresomes tornament i was paired with my mate who is a 26 handicaper and on the day of the tornament he asked weather i minded playing his titleist velocity i rather stupidly said no i don't mind so we played that ball and to be honest i had 120 yards in at the first hit my PW landed it 8 feet short and to my suprized it came back 1 foot, which was good because of how soft the greens were my pro v1x would of spun off the green so i liked it then and we 2 putted for a par on and only on the second i didn't like hit a dogleg from right to left 220 to the dogleg a i hit 3 iron and hit it 215 his approched came just short from 200 on the money and had a 20 yard pitch shot where i was expecting my normal one bounce and stop it took a few bouces but luckly ran down the back stop to 5 feet and he held the putt personally i didn't like this ball mainly because of my handicap which is decent for my age but anyway have any of you at Golf WRX had any issues when not playing your normal ball in foresomes thanks.

VRS Covert 10.2 A Proforce V2 5 S
RBZ Tour 13.1 A AXIVCore blue 59 S
FT optiforce 17.4 A AXIVCore blue 59 S
MP H4 3 & 63 4-PW DG S300 TI
Vokey SM4 54/8 & 59/4 DG Spinner
Method Mod 35"

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 m3nace

m3nace

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2573
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Yes.

Pro tip: grammar.

Sentence structure. Work on it.

#3 shotmark

shotmark

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102090
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

I'm sure I left some full stops laying about.  Has anyone seen them?

#4 KYMAR

KYMAR

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,950 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99014
GolfWRX Likes : 2494

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

I have never seen someone write a poor review of a golf ball, then regale his readers with tales of how well it worked for him.

I don't see the issue going forward. You know not to buy it, and you know that you shouldn't agree to any ball that doesn't meet your standard.

Honestly, this whole tale echos of a humble brag.
RAZR Fit Xtreme 10.5 with 7M3 S
Maltby KE4-ST-F, Razr fit, MP650???
Adams Super Hybrid 17*  Program 7.1 S
Adams A12 Pro KBS Tour 4-GW
Adams Pugliellii 56 and 60 DG spinners
TM Daddy Long Legs 38'

#5 hoosiervolunteer

hoosiervolunteer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7380
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostKYMAR, on 18 November 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

I have never seen someone write a poor review of a golf ball, then regale his readers with tales of how well it worked for him.

I don't see the issue going forward. You know not to buy it, and you know that you shouldn't agree to any ball that doesn't meet your standard.

Honestly, this whole tale echos of a humble brag.

Agreed

#6 Dei3Nascar8

Dei3Nascar8

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79575
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Sounds like you were surprised at how far and straight you hit the ball.  Don't know if you want to be talked out of the Pro V1 but you should play with what you score the best with!  For you it sounds like the Titleist Velocity.

#7 Sniperman

Sniperman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67325
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

"... i didn't like this ball mainly because of my handicap which is decent for my age..."

Instead of worrying about which ball to play or not, maybe at your age you should start worrying about your writing skill.  Not everyone who has your handicap at your "decent"  age will make it on tour...and if my critique is what pushes you to become a top tour contender later in your life, then I hope you save this and thank me later.  And if not a tour player you'll become, then hopefully a great writer; as my hope is for you to succeed.
Anser 8.5 Speeder VC 6.2
i20 3w Speeder VC 7.1 / i20 3h VTS Tour
'11 TM TP MB NO1s!
Bettinardi ss7
Z Star XV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors