Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Unaddressed area in all golf instruction


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 A.G.Blade

A.G.Blade

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113847
  • Joined: 08/29/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

One thing that seems important,has to be important,is the area of body types and non-symmetrical limbs.  I think this plays a huge bearing on fundamentals such as alinement ,grip, ball position, and swing type, (body releaser or hands and arm swinger, etc) personalizing or custom teaching is a must, but there needs to be some general doctrine of how "this" effects "that". The one thing I've seen in a book is George Knudson saying because his right leg was shorter than his left, he needed a closed alinement.  Anybody have any experiences or ideas on this?  Its been in some threads but hasn't gotten very far.  Thanks in advance!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 PreppySlapCut

PreppySlapCut

    This is just babytown frolics...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,679 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4840
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 267

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

Mike Adams LAWs of golf...
Ping G30 10.5* w/ Tour 65 (X)
Ping G30 17* & 21* w/ Tour 80 (X)
Ping i25 4-9 w/ ZZ65 Cushin
Scor 4161 46*, 50*, 55*, & 60*
Ping Ketsch

#3 dogsbe

dogsbe

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143425
  • Joined: 10/20/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

I been through this a bit.  My physical therapist, who specializes in golf, assess my body symmetry particularly for muscle tone and flexibility.  One side was good and the other was very poor.  This really effected how I was swing.  I was given an extensive exercise program, which sort me out.  There is sill some work to be done, but I am now really square at setup and don't feel the need for talented hands to hit the ball.

#4 adamyounggolf

adamyounggolf

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183104
  • Joined: 05/26/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

Although there may be some value to it, this tends to be overkill for most amateurs. You don't have to have a perfect body to square the face up. There are numerable ways for each person to get the ball towards the target, all you have to do is get that clubhead on the ball correctly.

One could even say that getting the clubhead on the ball correctly is not even that important (apart from strike qualities). A player with a poor path/clubface can still play great golf if they do it consistently.

#5 Petter Player

Petter Player

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70069
  • Joined: 12/01/2008
  • Location:Arctic Circle - Santa's home
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

View Postadamyounggolf, on 18 November 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

Although there may be some value to it, this tends to be overkill for most amateurs. You don't have to have a perfect body to square the face up. There are numerable ways for each person to get the ball towards the target, all you have to do is get that clubhead on the ball correctly.

One could even say that getting the clubhead on the ball correctly is not even that important (apart from strike qualities). A player with a poor path/clubface can still play great golf if they do it consistently.

And others see that every day on coursees around. Wel not maybe great as objective opinion, but great to their abilities and level they're on. There are numerous bogey-players, who can never hit a straight shot 250 yds, but thei curve the ball off the tee every time onto the fairway, chip it close after a curved iron and make an occational par in between the bogeys they are posting hole after hole.


#6 adamyounggolf

adamyounggolf

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183104
  • Joined: 05/26/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

View PostPetter Player, on 19 November 2012 - 09:02 AM, said:

View Postadamyounggolf, on 18 November 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

Although there may be some value to it, this tends to be overkill for most amateurs. You don't have to have a perfect body to square the face up. There are numerable ways for each person to get the ball towards the target, all you have to do is get that clubhead on the ball correctly.

One could even say that getting the clubhead on the ball correctly is not even that important (apart from strike qualities). A player with a poor path/clubface can still play great golf if they do it consistently.

And others see that every day on coursees around. Wel not maybe great as objective opinion, but great to their abilities and level they're on. There are numerous bogey-players, who can never hit a straight shot 250 yds, but thei curve the ball off the tee every time onto the fairway, chip it close after a curved iron and make an occational par in between the bogeys they are posting hole after hole.

Sorry, I don't understand the point you are making. Could you re-phrase it?

#7 BrianL99

BrianL99

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 156579
  • Joined: 01/20/2012
  • Handicap:4.7
GolfWRX Likes : 871

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostPreppySlapCut, on 17 November 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

Mike Adams LAWs of golf...

One of the 3 greatest Golf Instructional books ever written.

& not to be a stickler, but give some credit to T.J. Tomassi, who I suspect did most of the work on The LAWS ... Adams & Suttie were probably much too busy, patting themselves on the back.

& for the O.P.   go to:  http://www.tjtomasi.com

#8 A.G.Blade

A.G.Blade

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113847
  • Joined: 08/29/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostBrianL99, on 19 November 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

View PostPreppySlapCut, on 17 November 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

Mike Adams LAWs of golf...

One of the 3 greatest Golf Instructional books ever written.

& not to be a stickler, but give some credit to T.J. Tomassi, who I suspect did most of the work on The LAWS ... Adams & Suttie were probably much too busy, patting themselves on the back.

& for the O.P.   go to:  http://www.tjtomasi.com
Thanks both of you, will look into


#9 Tanner25

Tanner25

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,542 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46356
  • Joined: 01/18/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

View PostA.G.Blade, on 19 November 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

View PostBrianL99, on 19 November 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

View PostPreppySlapCut, on 17 November 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

Mike Adams LAWs of golf...

One of the 3 greatest Golf Instructional books ever written.

& not to be a stickler, but give some credit to T.J. Tomassi, who I suspect did most of the work on The LAWS ... Adams & Suttie were probably much too busy, patting themselves on the back.

& for the O.P.   go to:  http://www.tjtomasi.com
Thanks both of you, will look into

Good post. I have one leg shorter than the other and I think it affects my address/stance. I tend to sit into my left side, which doesn't seem good. I also have more flexibility on my right side. As an example, I have more range of motion in my right hamstring. I worry abt this less. But, would like to hear from other people with uneven leg lengths!

Tanner

Edited by Tanner25, 20 November 2012 - 09:10 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors