Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Little help picking a 5 wood?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#31 dchoi87

dchoi87

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80314
  • Ebay ID:golfer1438
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

The Titleist 906f2 18* arrived today and she's a beauty.  Small profile, not too round, deepish face, and sits dead square for me.  The TEE XCG-3 18* I have also looks great.  The Titleist has an S300 in it and the TEE has a stock fujikura regular flex (bought it cheap with the plan to reshaft immediately).  I'm hoping to hit some balls this weekend and I'll throw a Blueboard 93s in the winning head.

Just from looking at them, I can tell the only things they have in common are that they set up great at address and both have a deepish face.  The TEE has the biggest head I've ever seen on a 5 wood but supposedly has a low center of gravity.  I foresee its strength being off the tee and launching high straight spinners off the deck whereas the Titleist will likely feel better and provide more versatility from poorer lies and in windy conditions.

I will provide an update but I think both would be good options for those looking for a deep faced 5 wood.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors