Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Westwood makes changes for 2013

40 replies to this topic

#31 iBanesto

iBanesto

Niclas Fasth

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18328
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

Westwood should get some advice from this guy!

Edited by iBanesto, 18 November 2012 - 03:16 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 Daniel Eason

Daniel Eason

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119644
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

Ok ok so I was wrong and the daily mail was right for once! I'm a Chelsea FC fan so its a love hate relationship :)

If Lee caught a dying baby sparrow on the course into his hands he would in no doubt have squashed it by the time he had got to the clubhouse to save it.

One person he's never to my useless knowledge seen is Mr P....PELZ!

Also maybe things will change when he moves to the US (but I doubt this)...

#33 Stretch

Stretch

#golfwrxproblems

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106949
GolfWRX Likes : 227

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

#34 Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118737
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

I know they are slightly different angles but look at how much more space Matteo has versus Lee. Also Matteo seem's to make a natural move, almost as if he is just tossing the ball, Lee is mechanical. Lee needs to get that into his head. Finesse is about sub-conciouss shots. It isn't something that can be done robotically. There is nothing robotic about Phil taking an almost full swing at a ball on a tight lie with water in front of him and his stance way open and the blade even more open than that. It is purely his body saying that it can feel what is required and if he just stops thinking about anything for a while the body will get the job done. And it does. Phil's issue is that often his mind stays shut down to the next tee and he lands up hitting the ball to god knows where when he could have had a much safer shot.

Lee almost needs to close his eyes and practice that way. Reduce any attempt to hit the ball mechanically and just let his body produce the motion.

#35 tofur99

tofur99

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72700
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

wow, lee sucks.  lol.

kidding, he also hits a lot of good pitches.  I really don't see the difficulty for a world class golfer to hit a basic pitch shot.  Just do it.

#36 DRRicks

DRRicks

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43733
GolfWRX Likes : 215

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

I'm far from a teaching pro, but in both of the "bad" pitch shots, it looks like he is coming into the ball VERY shallow and not even close to his original plane.

#37 imakaveli

imakaveli

Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,454 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1454

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

View Posttofur99, on 18 November 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

wow, lee sucks.  lol.

kidding, he also hits a lot of good pitches.  I really don't see the difficulty for a world class golfer to hit a basic pitch shot.  Just do it.

Tell that to Mahan!

#38 rafal

rafal

PM2TM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95401
GolfWRX Likes : 893

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

Bad pitches happen often when trying to create a miraculous recovery shot.  If you look at Lee's position you will understand he was attempting a tough up&down.

Following the shot he still salvaged a 6 on that hole with an up&down.
TM SLDR S 12*
TM MINI 16*
TM SF 1.0 5W/7W
Ping G25 4-LW
TM DLL 35"

#39 MarkFromTheUK

MarkFromTheUK

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,287 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140175
GolfWRX Likes : 569

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

Westwood doesn't seem to have any sort of chipping/pitching technique... it just seems to be his regular swing, but shorter. He never opens up his stance and always plays with hard hands... never a good combination.

Johnstone had a lucky escape. Being known as Westwood's short game coach could have done major damage to his long-term teaching career prospects.

It's a shame about Billy, but he's probably earned enough to comfortably retire on by now, and could do a bit of freelance work!
Bullet Hollowpoint Driver 8.5
Howson Hippo 3 wood
Nike Slingshot Irons
Bronty Chipmaster Mk.III
Alien Sand Wedge
TM Nubbins Putter

#40 poops

poops

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121309
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

I'm actually a Westwood fan... However, it seems he is getting desperate in order to win that elusive major.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#41 deasy55

deasy55

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,964 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 155121
GolfWRX Likes : 962

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

He's running out of time. I think only 24 golfers in the 150 odd years of major history have won majors when they've hit 40.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors