Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

The Walking Golfers Society

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Biarritz

Johnny Biarritz

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137765
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

This is an good organization that I have gotten involved with recently. We are trying to grow the Society into something that can be both a resource for golfers who are traveling to areas and want to walk and also something that can be used to play national and regional events for Society members.

Right now, there is a national event in the early planning stages for Colorado, likely to take place in June or July.

I am also considering planning something in the Florida Panhandle or Southwestern Alabama, probably early in the year.

Event ideas have also been have also been passed about for California, Arizona and North Carolina.

Something we also do on the site is list "Walkability Ratings" for courses. Currently the number is far higher than I wish to count, I have added 350 new ratings just in the past week. Any submissions for currently non-rated courses are always welcome as are ratings for courses where you disagree with the current rating. The rating criteria is listed on the site, though it is not very detailed (yet).

Website address: www.thewalkinggolfer.com

For now, contact me either through PM here or on this thread for additional information or to submit ratings and such.

Thanks.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Official GolfWRX Curmudgeon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39565
GolfWRX Likes : 720

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

Like!

#3 Sean2

Sean2

Wait...what?

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,274 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 4602

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

I just sent them a bunch of course "reviews". :-)
Hey...be nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors