Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

The 9 to 3 challenge - 363 hours by March 1st


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 tylerdurden

tylerdurden

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132912
  • Joined: 07/13/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

After my trip to see Geoff a couple weeks ago, I feel super excited and energized to get to work on all of his stuff. I want to get a jump on the 2013 season. So I am in the process of converting my 650 sq ft apartment into a golf studio. I recently splugged on the $300 golf matt (http://www.dwquailgo...e-Golf-Mat.html - it's awesome btw, highly recommended, and I justify the price because I'm going to use this thing for 1000s of hours, so per hour, $300 is really cheap). I bought some netting and I'm building a net out of PVC. Also getting the mirrors setup for DTL and face on, building the heavy driver, and the impact bag is on the way. I might ever get some super bright construction lights like Geoff has so I can shoot high speed video right at my place. They are a bargin actually, only about $20 a pop at Lowes.

So basically my apartment is being converted to a full out golf studio. Actually, I think I'm going to cancel my internet too, so all I'll have left is golf (and some quality books). If any of you had read The Talent Code, you remember the ignition section of the book, where it basically says it's a good thing to have a beacon near by to draw your attention to whatever the goal is. Exactly what I'm doing here. Almost forgot, going to get some sort of puttting thing so too so I don't completely neglect it - recommendations welcomed.

Anyway, I challenge all the 9 to 3ers out there to a challenge (sorry that can't be good english). Let's see how many hours you can rack up 9 to 3ing over the winter, between now and March 1st lets say. And it's not just about quantity. These need to be high quality hours. I'm going to do 1 hour every morning, 2 every evening after work, with maybe 30 minuts snuck in during lunch every other day. On weekends I need to play 18 every sat and sun, but I can still get in at least 4 hours 9 to 3ing (or 10 to 2ing if I progress). So that puts me at 4*2+5*3.25 24.25 hours per week. And 15 weeks to March 1st means I can get 363.75 hours between now and then.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Stryker

Stryker

    Opposing Forces

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127729
  • Joined: 04/28/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

For putting, sklz pro mat + putting fork. Use roofing nails or something similar in place of tees for the putting fork. You'll be draining putts next season.

#3 MDP1555

MDP1555

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165719
  • Joined: 02/23/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

just keep it in perspective no need to burn out just to create hours of training. Most personal trainers will suggest 2 days of recovery time for every 2 hours of muscle development. Personally I think muscle memory repitition is a great thing but you have to have recovery time in there as well and I don't realy see you leaving any.

Mot sure the same appies to muscle memory but doing the 9-3 drill you are also developing muscle not just ingraining memory so recovery time is needed to be included I would think

Edited by MDP1555, 15 November 2012 - 02:59 PM.


#4 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

    Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 12,447 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Maine
  • Handicap:4.8
GolfWRX Likes : 3108

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

In my opinion, the "quantity" approach is the wrong way to go about things. But, good luck!
PING Anser 8.5/Ahina 70x
Mizuno Mp 650 15/Aldila Vs Proto 80x
Mizuno Mp 650 19, 22/Aldila Vs Proto 95x
Mizuno Mp 53 4-pw/PX 6.5 Satin Prototype
Mizuno Mp T5 52, 58/DG x100 (8i)
Odyssey White Ice #7
WITB Link

#5 tembolo1284

tembolo1284

    Jack still da man!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,046 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71802
  • Joined: 01/03/2009
  • Location:NYC
  • Handicap:Beef
GolfWRX Likes : 2043

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

Gotta see the ball flight too. Don't forget.

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

#6 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

    BIG K

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:On The Green
GolfWRX Likes : 1797

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

Ahh...to be young single and able to turn an apartment into a golf studio. Lol....good luck keep us posted on your progress.

            Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin


#7 Stryker

Stryker

    Opposing Forces

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127729
  • Joined: 04/28/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

View Posttembolo1284, on 15 November 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

Gotta see the ball flight too. Don't forget.

That's why I have a hard time doing 9-3's in nets. If I can't see that 1 yard baby draw that Geoff wants then it's hard for me to focus on them.

#8 tembolo1284

tembolo1284

    Jack still da man!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,046 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71802
  • Joined: 01/03/2009
  • Location:NYC
  • Handicap:Beef
GolfWRX Likes : 2043

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostStryker, on 15 November 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

View Posttembolo1284, on 15 November 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

Gotta see the ball flight too. Don't forget.

That's why I have a hard time doing 9-3's in nets. If I can't see that 1 yard baby draw that Geoff wants then it's hard for me to focus on them.

I feel you. I want that ball that falls off one yard to the right. Need Elle to rest her head on my right foot to quiet my lower body action though. Best training aid there is.
Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

#9 russc

russc

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113539
  • Joined: 08/27/2010
  • Location:northern New Jersey
GolfWRX Likes : 393

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

Gosh ,you got the 'disease bad".Geoff likes slow motion and super slow motion swings so do not forget those.I once asked him how many balls a golfer should hit in an hour of concentrated practice.he said no more than 60,given the need to setup correctly and feel the correct motion in  your practice swing..this type of concentrated practice is mentally taxing so do not be surprised if you can not practice as much as you have scheduled

#10 tesuquegolfer

tesuquegolfer

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,366 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116652
  • Joined: 10/25/2010
  • Location:Near Santa Fe, NM
  • Handicap:4.3
GolfWRX Likes : 251

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

My wife was away this past weekend, so while I was waiting for the plumber, I got out the putting mat and putted for about 2 hours+ while watching golf.  I believe if I wasn't married, i too would have a golf setup right in the living room.  I usually swing a club for 15+ minutes while watching DVR'ed golf late in the evening after my wife and son have gone to bed.  I have given thought to putting a TV in the garage and spending my evenings out there hitting balls, putting, and watching TV.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#11 Stryker

Stryker

    Opposing Forces

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127729
  • Joined: 04/28/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

View Posttembolo1284, on 15 November 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

View PostStryker, on 15 November 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

View Posttembolo1284, on 15 November 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

Gotta see the ball flight too. Don't forget.

That's why I have a hard time doing 9-3's in nets. If I can't see that 1 yard baby draw that Geoff wants then it's hard for me to focus on them.

I feel you. I want that ball that falls off one yard to the right. Need Elle to rest her head on my right foot to quiet my lower body action though. Best training aid there is.

Lucky guy, all she did for me was steal my water bottle. 3 TIMES! It was damn hot too, lol.

#12 tylerdurden

tylerdurden

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132912
  • Joined: 07/13/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

View PostStryker, on 15 November 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

View Posttembolo1284, on 15 November 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

View PostStryker, on 15 November 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

View Posttembolo1284, on 15 November 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

Gotta see the ball flight too. Don't forget.

That's why I have a hard time doing 9-3's in nets. If I can't see that 1 yard baby draw that Geoff wants then it's hard for me to focus on them.

I feel you. I want that ball that falls off one yard to the right. Need Elle to rest her head on my right foot to quiet my lower body action though. Best training aid there is.

Lucky guy, all she did for me was steal my water bottle. 3 TIMES! It was damn hot too, lol.

Cry me a river, I walked away with chewed up Revo's :(

#13 tylerdurden

tylerdurden

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132912
  • Joined: 07/13/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

2 things...

1 - in terms of quality vs. quantity, I'm all about quality. But I don't think 3 hours/day and more on the weekends is too much in terms of quality practice time for me given my life situation (or lack of having a life outside of golf lol).

2 - in terms of ball flight - I too was worried about not seeing ballflight and that's why I never got a range in the past. So what I'm going to do is 2-3 days per week during the work week, I'm going to go to the range with lights to make sure my ball flight stays super tight. That way I never go more than a day or 2 without seeing ballflight. (and I'll live at range/course on weekends). I have a hard time believing I'll get very far off track with this approach. Especially because so far my experience with hitting 9 to 3s with a lob wedge is the shots dispersion is super tight. To be honest, I almost got bored seeing ball flight with L-wedge 9 -3s because every shot is so similar.

You guys think that sufficiently addresses the concern about not seeing ballfight?

#14 tembolo1284

tembolo1284

    Jack still da man!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,046 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71802
  • Joined: 01/03/2009
  • Location:NYC
  • Handicap:Beef
GolfWRX Likes : 2043

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostStryker, on 15 November 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

View Posttembolo1284, on 15 November 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

View PostStryker, on 15 November 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

View Posttembolo1284, on 15 November 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

Gotta see the ball flight too. Don't forget.

That's why I have a hard time doing 9-3's in nets. If I can't see that 1 yard baby draw that Geoff wants then it's hard for me to focus on them.

I feel you. I want that ball that falls off one yard to the right. Need Elle to rest her head on my right foot to quiet my lower body action though. Best training aid there is.

Lucky guy, all she did for me was steal my water bottle. 3 TIMES! It was damn hot too, lol.

The key is to make her jealous by giving Ben lots of attention first.
Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

#15 tembolo1284

tembolo1284

    Jack still da man!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,046 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71802
  • Joined: 01/03/2009
  • Location:NYC
  • Handicap:Beef
GolfWRX Likes : 2043

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

View Posttylerdurden, on 15 November 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

2 things...

1 - in terms of quality vs. quantity, I'm all about quality. But I don't think 3 hours/day and more on the weekends is too much in terms of quality practice time for me given my life situation (or lack of having a life outside of golf lol).

2 - in terms of ball flight - I too was worried about not seeing ballflight and that's why I never got a range in the past. So what I'm going to do is 2-3 days per week during the work week, I'm going to go to the range with lights to make sure my ball flight stays super tight. That way I never go more than a day or 2 without seeing ballflight. (and I'll live at range/course on weekends). I have a hard time believing I'll get very far off track with this approach. Especially because so far my experience with hitting 9 to 3s with a lob wedge is the shots dispersion is super tight. To be honest, I almost got bored seeing ball flight with L-wedge 9 -3s because every shot is so similar.

You guys think that sufficiently addresses the concern about not seeing ballfight?

Yes I think it does. Once you are hitting 8-9 out of 10 shots 'solid' then go up a club geoff says. But hit a couple hundred up to maybe even 1000 balls knowing for damn sure you got your setup angles and grip right. That's what russ was talking about above...doing it this tediously is damn draining.  Especially if Geoff is telling you you are still stacking on your left side like a hooligan.

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

#16 tembolo1284

tembolo1284

    Jack still da man!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,046 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71802
  • Joined: 01/03/2009
  • Location:NYC
  • Handicap:Beef
GolfWRX Likes : 2043

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

speaking of which I'll send you some swings after I get filmed this weekend tyler. Be sure to be strict in your dissection of my swing please.
Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

#17 tylerdurden

tylerdurden

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132912
  • Joined: 07/13/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

Will do. Although take it with a grain of salt because I don't know much and am new to Geoff's stuff. Russc is your guy for that is my guess but I'm excited to see it.

#18 tylerdurden

tylerdurden

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132912
  • Joined: 07/13/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

View Postrussc, on 15 November 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

Gosh ,you got the 'disease bad".Geoff likes slow motion and super slow motion swings so do not forget those.I once asked him how many balls a golfer should hit in an hour of concentrated practice.he said no more than 60,given the need to setup correctly and feel the correct motion in  your practice swing..this type of concentrated practice is mentally taxing so do not be surprised if you can not practice as much as you have scheduled

Yeah I'm going to be sure not to rush things. Geoff barked at me quite a few times about being impatient (I call it curious). I started to rapid fire some 9 to 3s after I was hitting them good. Then I grab a 4 iron to test it out with longer clubs lol.

Here's how I'm going to deal with the patience and quality control concerns. I'm going to make a poster with 2 lines of text.

Line 1: What Would Geoff Say?
Line 2: What Would Ashley Do?

Ashley was a girl hitting balls at the range my first day in TXAR. She's getting read to go to play for college. Her swing was ridiculously good and Geoff raved about her practice habits. I watch her quite a bit and it was amazing. She kept examining her grip in detail before every swing. She was slow to get into her setup angles. And every few shots she'd run back into the building and check in front of the mirrors, do the impact bag, and swing the heavy club. And her technique was SOOOOO good.

#19 ej002

ej002

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27552
  • Joined: 04/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 457

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

I would do straight up outdoor range for like a month.  I think he said 60 balls for 21 days forms a habit.  You should do that to be safe before moving indoors.  I am contemplating an indoor range, b/c it is winter coming, but I am afraid I will get into some bad habits.  Food for thought.
Forum Assassination Response Team

#20 prsgtrman

prsgtrman

    prsgtrman

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 178754
  • Joined: 05/03/2012
  • Location:charlotte
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

any pics of your set up? sounds interesting


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#21 prsgtrman

prsgtrman

    prsgtrman

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 178754
  • Joined: 05/03/2012
  • Location:charlotte
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

thanks for the info on the skilz putting mat. gonna pick one up

#22 farmer

farmer

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,701 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70095
  • Joined: 12/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 430

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

Your neighbors are going to hate you.  Are you leaving any time for life?  I understand your enthusiasm, but have some life too.

#23 chiva

chiva

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 176280
  • Joined: 04/20/2012
  • Location:Arizona
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

A bunch of us Geoff disciples should get together somewhere for a golf outing someday. Maybe a weekend of golf in Texarkana. Of course after Tyler gets his 363 hrs in:)
Yea, I play blades cause
I like to work the ball

#24 willie54

willie54

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 191090
  • Joined: 07/09/2012
  • Location:missouri
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

I'm up for this.  I think I will fall a little short though.  I can do about an hour inside a day before I start getting lazy and firing one shot after another.  I also have a bad habit of trying different releases and different grips and stuff.  If I can just stick  with this swing I think I will really improve but I have ADD or something.  I think the best strategy would be to split it up with 30 minute morning and evening sessions.  I have been practicing in the yard too.  My plan is to reseed the whole backyard by spring.  Every time I leave a patch of divots I have been scattering a sand peat and sand mix.  Hopefully it all comes up in the spring, if not my yard is going to be ugly.

#25 tembolo1284

tembolo1284

    Jack still da man!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,046 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71802
  • Joined: 01/03/2009
  • Location:NYC
  • Handicap:Beef
GolfWRX Likes : 2043

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

View Posttylerdurden, on 15 November 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

View Postrussc, on 15 November 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

Gosh ,you got the 'disease bad".Geoff likes slow motion and super slow motion swings so do not forget those.I once asked him how many balls a golfer should hit in an hour of concentrated practice.he said no more than 60,given the need to setup correctly and feel the correct motion in  your practice swing..this type of concentrated practice is mentally taxing so do not be surprised if you can not practice as much as you have scheduled

Yeah I'm going to be sure not to rush things. Geoff barked at me quite a few times about being impatient (I call it curious). I started to rapid fire some 9 to 3s after I was hitting them good. Then I grab a 4 iron to test it out with longer clubs lol.

Here's how I'm going to deal with the patience and quality control concerns. I'm going to make a poster with 2 lines of text.

Line 1: What Would Geoff Say?
Line 2: What Would Ashley Do?

Ashley was a girl hitting balls at the range my first day in TXAR. She's getting read to go to play for college. Her swing was ridiculously good and Geoff raved about her practice habits. I watch her quite a bit and it was amazing. She kept examining her grip in detail before every swing. She was slow to get into her setup angles. And every few shots she'd run back into the building and check in front of the mirrors, do the impact bag, and swing the heavy club. And her technique was SOOOOO good.

Dude! Seriously don't be curious and switch to a longer club before you are ready. It will really pork you. REALLLLLLLLYYYY pork you.

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

#26 Timanator

Timanator

    SFClone

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71372
  • Joined: 12/26/2008
  • Location:Houston Texas
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 147

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

That is a lofty goal!!

It takes me about 2 hours to hit 100 balls, alot of practice swings, slow motion stuff, filming, heavy club slow swings.
Ping Anser 9.5 Ahina 70-S
Adams Super S 2H 17 degrees, Kujoh-S
Ping I20 3-PW KBS Tour-S
Ping Tour W 52/Mizuno 56T10
Odyssey Versa 7

#27 tembolo1284

tembolo1284

    Jack still da man!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,046 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71802
  • Joined: 01/03/2009
  • Location:NYC
  • Handicap:Beef
GolfWRX Likes : 2043

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

gonna hit 500 balls tmrw at randalls

happy turkey day to all!
Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

#28 Cwebb

Cwebb

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21353
  • Joined: 11/04/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 201

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Sounds great and your passion is certainly in 5th gear, but don't forget that some sort of balance in life outside of golf, can end up helping your golf game.  I would suggest getting on a detailed fitness program that will be beneficial not only for golf, but great health and fitness in general.  Get excited about something else that is healthy, which will really help bring in some "balance", but will also help your golf game.  Be at least somewhat careful not to burn yourself out, since it's happened to many many guys who feel exactly like you do right now.

WIth that said, you want it bad...so go get it.

After you get your apartment all setup, it would be interesting to see the reaction of the first person who unknowingly stops by and has a look :lol:

#29 hoganfan924

hoganfan924

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24689
  • Joined: 01/28/2007
  • Location:White Lake, Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 501

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

View Postfarmer, on 15 November 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

Your neighbors are going to hate you.  Are you leaving any time for life?  I understand your enthusiasm, but have some life too.

True, especially if he lives on an upper floor!

Might want to use those "almost golf" or foam balls or you're likely to get a lot of noise complaints.

#30 chiva

chiva

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 176280
  • Joined: 04/20/2012
  • Location:Arizona
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

Be careful with burnout. I am also a cyclist, road and mountain. I rode about 12 hrs a week year round for the last 6 years. I felt burnt out this year and stopped racing as of May. It's a few months later and I've taken several months off my bike. Unheard of for me. I was absolutely hardcore. I thought it would never happen. It did. I hope I have a desire to ride my bike before I get fat. Lol. It's an endurance race, not a sprint. Live to play another day.

Yea, I play blades cause
I like to work the ball

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.







0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors