Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Thank You Gift for Attorney? Yes? No? What?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 D_Dogg

D_Dogg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1542
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

Hello, I recently had an attorney assist me with a relatively minor matter which was not in his normal area of practice. He and his office handled it quickly, efficiently, and with minimal expense. Would a thank you gift be out of line along with a card?

I was thinking a box of gourmet chocolates for him and his staff, or a gift card of some sort; something under $100. Do any attorneys have thoughts on this? If so, what would you suggest? Would a gift card be too impersonal?  I also plan on sending referrals his way. Thank you for your time.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 hebron1427

hebron1427

Older. Slower. Weaker. AtlJeff

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,801 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114354
GolfWRX Likes : 184

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

hookers and blow

#3 heisagoalie

heisagoalie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55597
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

lol @ hookers and blow. This isn't the movies, but not to say that doesn't happen....I digress.

Anything. Donuts/bagels and coffee for a breakfast for the office would be awesome. Gift card for lunch. Something the whole office can share would be best. If you are just getting the attorney something, maybe something like a bottle of his favorite wine/liquor. Doesn't have to be really big. Attorneys come in all different shapes and sizes and from what it sounds like, your guy would basically be considered a small businessman. He will probably live comfortably but worked hard to get where he got, so you don't need to buy him an island, or a boat, or a Rolls Royce. I work for a Public Defender's Office and if my client bought bagels and coffee for the office, I would be ecstatic! Even a thank you card once in a while would be great!

#4 D_Dogg

D_Dogg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1542
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Thank you for the replies. I ended up going with chocolates for the office. He was appreciative, and I received a thank you card signed by most of the office. Thanks again.

P.S.
I would've gone with the first suggestion, but I didn't want to use up my "First Hole in One Fund" :derisive:

#5 ej002

ej002

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,542 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27552
GolfWRX Likes : 536

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

Bottle of Wine / Booze or a Starbucks Card.

#6 seasterl

seasterl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204765
  • Ebay ID:seasterl
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Referrals, card, and box of premium golf balls if he/she golfs (or gift card for a round of golf at a nice local course).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors