Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 1 votes

jim furyk and 5 hour energy


72 replies to this topic

#61 jldavis73

jldavis73

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109897
  • Joined: 06/23/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

My favorite commercial to mock.  They paid Jim a truckload of cash for the endorsement, and the writer has him saying "the product" every other word.  Nice.  I also enjoy the MedJet commercial for two reasons: Jim wearing the Adipures in the hotel room; and his wife's unruly hair.

Cleveland Classic XL 10.5*/Phenom NL
Cleveland Classic XL 14*/Black Tie
Callaway X Utility/KBS Tour
Taylormade Rocketbladez Tour 3-PW/X200
588 RTX CB 52*/58*; xFT 64*
Odyssey Backstryke Sabretooth/Mid-Slim 2

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#62 Sushiyoshi

Sushiyoshi

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92737
  • Joined: 08/24/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostLlortamaisey, on 15 November 2012 - 08:16 AM, said:

I wouldn't get a hard on about it. Viagra/Cialis kills more people per year and they still do plenty of advertising in golf and on the tour.

The real problem is why doesn't someone come up with a 6 hour energy? That's a 1/4 of the day. Seems more appropriate to me. Plus it's one hour more than 5. You could sell it for the same price so it's like getting one hour for free.

Haha..


Quote

Hitchhiker: Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin' there, there's 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?
Ted: I would go for the 7.
Hitchhiker: Bingo, man, bingo. 7-Minute Abs. And we guarantee just as good a workout as the 8-minute folk.
Ted: You guarantee it? That's - how do you do that?
Hitchhiker: If you're not happy with the first 7 minutes, we're gonna send you the extra minute free. You see? That's it. That's our motto. That's where we're comin' from. That's from "A" to "B".
Ted: That's right. That's - that's good. That's good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 6-Minute Abs. Then you're in trouble, huh?

Hitchhiker: No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.
Ted: That - good point.
Hitchhiker: 7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 doors. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.
Ted: Why?
Hitchhiker: 'Cause you're f**kin' fired!

Edited by Sushiyoshi, 20 November 2012 - 03:45 PM.


#63 hebsan

hebsan

    Advanced

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103660
  • Joined: 02/19/2010
  • Location:Mililani, HI
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

View PostGoogleMe, on 15 November 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

View Postsalt, on 15 November 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

I think the essential issue is that an athletic promotes such a controversial product that may harm your body.  If he endorse whatever pays him, he would not be respected.

His finishes at US open and the other tournament (that he finished double bogey on 18) were not impressive.  If he won US open with birdie on 18, then this product would have been hot

In both of those loses the 5Hour energy drink wore off.
Like someone said above "IF" it was a 6 hour energy drink he would have won both of those tournaments.

To bad for Jim that he crashed when the drink wore off :)

And it wore off because of slow play :)

#64 JaxBeachNole

JaxBeachNole

    Juicy

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,070 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30170
  • Joined: 05/29/2007
  • Location:Jax Beach, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 302

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

View Postej002, on 15 November 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

View Postlumberman2462, on 15 November 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

Every morning I stop in a convenience store to get my morning coffee.  3 days out of 5 there is a guy there that gets a large cup of coffee and pours it about 1/2 full and adds a handful of sugar packets - he then goes to the counter and adds TWO of those 5 Hour Energy things in the coffee......uses it kinda like creamer.  I guess.  I've always wanted to follow him for an hour or so and see if he's bouncing off the walls of his office.

Awesome.

Probably an air traffic controller, rodeo clown or auctioneer
G25 8.5 Diamana B Series 60
I25 14 Kai'li 80
X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80, I20 20 KK 80
MP 54 5-PW Modus 130
"The Nightman" Midnight 006
SM5 56F (54), 60 K S400
WITB Link

#65 Vindog

Vindog

    Cuddly as a cactus, charming as an eel

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,393 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131959
  • Joined: 06/29/2011
  • Location:Maine, the final frontier
GolfWRX Likes : 2189

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

View Postjldavis73, on 20 November 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

My favorite commercial to mock.  They paid Jim a truckload of cash for the endorsement, and the writer has him saying "the product" every other word.  Nice.  I also enjoy the MedJet commercial for two reasons: Jim wearing the Adipures in the hotel room; and his wife's unruly hair.

...don't forget Jimmy's unruly scalp!

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

#66 MizzyMan

MizzyMan

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,167 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62891
  • Joined: 08/11/2008
  • Location:Dallas, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 146

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

That stuff works pretty well. Maybe not for him in California, but it's pretty good stuff.

But I can't think of an endorser that I would be less likely to buy what they were shilling.

#67 Vindog

Vindog

    Cuddly as a cactus, charming as an eel

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,393 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131959
  • Joined: 06/29/2011
  • Location:Maine, the final frontier
GolfWRX Likes : 2189

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Let's talk about Fluff... I love that guy.  Central Maine native.

He looked quite haggard this past year.  I just wonder how long he can keep going...It's funny when he tries to get tough on the crowd.
run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

#68 Techgolfer1

Techgolfer1

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162287
  • Joined: 02/11/2012
  • Ebay ID:twoupgolf
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

View PostJim Clark, on 15 November 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

The people that died from energy drinks (not just 5-Hour Energy) OD'd on caffeine and/or Taurine by drinking too many of them in a short period of time. There were probably a lot more deaths by alcohol poisoning on college campuses during that same 3 year period. Also, more people probably died of liver failure due to OD-ing on acetaminophen (Tylenol), it is the #1 cause of acute liver failure.

Man I drank 1000s of buds in college and came out fine. I'd hate for 5 hour energy to be the death of me! I will say red bull had just come out around the time I was in college and sponsored a tournament. I drank one for the first time during a round, liked it and tried another. This was in the period of about four holes! I was shaking over a putt on the fourth from caffeine overload. I haven't drank many since.

#69 imakaveli

imakaveli

    Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Milano, Italy
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1300

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostTechgolfer1, on 27 November 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

View PostJim Clark, on 15 November 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

The people that died from energy drinks (not just 5-Hour Energy) OD'd on caffeine and/or Taurine by drinking too many of them in a short period of time. There were probably a lot more deaths by alcohol poisoning on college campuses during that same 3 year period. Also, more people probably died of liver failure due to OD-ing on acetaminophen (Tylenol), it is the #1 cause of acute liver failure.

Man I drank 1000s of buds in college and came out fine. I'd hate for 5 hour energy to be the death of me! I will say red bull had just come out around the time I was in college and sponsored a tournament. I drank one for the first time during a round, liked it and tried another. This was in the period of about four holes! I was shaking over a putt on the fourth from caffeine overload. I haven't drank many since.

They should ban Kinder logo from Manassero's hat for all the people who became fat eating too much Nutella. Evil chocolate...

#70 iBanesto

iBanesto

    Niclas Fasth

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18328
  • Joined: 08/24/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 123

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

View Postimakaveli, on 28 November 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

View PostTechgolfer1, on 27 November 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

View PostJim Clark, on 15 November 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

The people that died from energy drinks (not just 5-Hour Energy) OD'd on caffeine and/or Taurine by drinking too many of them in a short period of time. There were probably a lot more deaths by alcohol poisoning on college campuses during that same 3 year period. Also, more people probably died of liver failure due to OD-ing on acetaminophen (Tylenol), it is the #1 cause of acute liver failure.

Man I drank 1000s of buds in college and came out fine. I'd hate for 5 hour energy to be the death of me! I will say red bull had just come out around the time I was in college and sponsored a tournament. I drank one for the first time during a round, liked it and tried another. This was in the period of about four holes! I was shaking over a putt on the fourth from caffeine overload. I haven't drank many since.

They should ban Kinder logo from Manassero's hat for all the people who became fat eating too much Nutella. Evil chocolate...

I love Kinder Surprise chocolate.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#71 imakaveli

imakaveli

    Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Milano, Italy
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1300

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

View PostiBanesto, on 28 November 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

View Postimakaveli, on 28 November 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

View PostTechgolfer1, on 27 November 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

View PostJim Clark, on 15 November 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

The people that died from energy drinks (not just 5-Hour Energy) OD'd on caffeine and/or Taurine by drinking too many of them in a short period of time. There were probably a lot more deaths by alcohol poisoning on college campuses during that same 3 year period. Also, more people probably died of liver failure due to OD-ing on acetaminophen (Tylenol), it is the #1 cause of acute liver failure.

Man I drank 1000s of buds in college and came out fine. I'd hate for 5 hour energy to be the death of me! I will say red bull had just come out around the time I was in college and sponsored a tournament. I drank one for the first time during a round, liked it and tried another. This was in the period of about four holes! I was shaking over a putt on the fourth from caffeine overload. I haven't drank many since.

They should ban Kinder logo from Manassero's hat for all the people who became fat eating too much Nutella. Evil chocolate...

I love Kinder Surprise chocolate.

Can wait for some dumb person to sue Kinder cause he ate the surprise and it was not written "do not eat the surprise" :D

#72 rockinar

rockinar

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63491
  • Joined: 08/17/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 225

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

View Postmukster, on 15 November 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:


I personally wonder if Jim in fact actually "uses the product".


Yes, and Tiger drives a Buick.

#73 rockinar

rockinar

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63491
  • Joined: 08/17/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 225

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

View PostHackerVance, on 20 November 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

It seems that all of these pros will push anything for a price. I guess that's ok.  I don't have any problem with Furyk.  Yeah, he is prone to choking.  I'm sure that I would too.  But, he seems to be a bigger shill than most of the others.  I really expect to see him selling Shamwow or spray on rubber soon.

The owner over 5 Hour energy has MAJOR bucks. I'm sure he pays Jim more in a year than a couple different golf OEMs would pay him. so it's win-win for Jim. Make more money, and play whatever sticks he wants.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors