Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Ping Nome "adjustable belly" regrip

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 g-money

g-money

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42011
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

I recently picked up a Adjustable Nome Belly and the grip is twisted all to heck and back.  I think I read in a recent post that "these can't be regripped."  Unsure as to why they can't, looks pretty straightforward to me.  But I thought I would ask just the same to make sure I am not missing anything.

Also thought about regripping with a 17" grip as opposed to the 21" factory ping.  I know the shaft will need to be cut down so there is a flush fit to the "locking collar"...other than that it dosent seem to be a problem.

Opinions?  Anyone do this replacent already who can chime in?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thx, T

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 kg92lefty

kg92lefty

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124960
GolfWRX Likes : 158

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

I recently did mine with a super stroke grip (stock grip was twisted as heck) and it is possible, very difficult but I did.  Took two people and A LOT of solvent to get it on there.

#3 g-money

g-money

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42011
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Thx...twisted too huh?  makes me wonder how they put these on in the first place.  I figured it would be a tough one to slide on, but thanks for the heads up.

#4 kg92lefty

kg92lefty

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124960
GolfWRX Likes : 158

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

View Postg-money, on 14 November 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

Thx...twisted too huh?  makes me wonder how they put these on in the first place.  I figured it would be a tough one to slide on, but thanks for the heads up.

Either the bottom half or the top half would be aligned never both.  Its a pain, have a clamp or another person holding the head and pushing towards you as you push the grip on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors