Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

first time video tapping swing. thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jdotconnor

jdotconnor

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130876
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

You never really understand what people are trying to explain to you until you see it yourself. I have tried to change alot since seeing this. longer smoother swing is my goal and will post another after the changes have taken root.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 jharpergolf

jharpergolf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 188626
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Classic flip of the wrist at impact and club is entering the ground a tad behind the ball you want to hit ball first then into ground after ball then you get better trajectory more distance and more control

#3 rickbgolfer

rickbgolfer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107728
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Maintain right knee flex and have your right leg kick in more to the left side.. instead of outwards.. i really don't see a flip...

#4 fore_life

fore_life

REPS AND TRAJ...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,695 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59484
GolfWRX Likes : 496

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

I've played with Conner and he's solid, probably hits the straightest ball ever haha.

I think you have great tempo, always seems to be consistent when we play. You're going for a longer backswing right? More shoulder turn?
Cobra biocell PRO px 6.5
txxx burner 2.0 13.5 UST Attas 80x
txxx burner 2.0 18.5 ahina 80x
callaway  quad dot V protos 4-P ctaper X
raw txxx xft 51, xft 55/60
odyssey ti-hot 1
WITB Link

#5 mikpga

mikpga

Jammer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20303
GolfWRX Likes : 281

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

Let's investigate your goal of a "longer/smoother swing"?

Is this a "cosmetic" or "productive" effort on your behalf?

- Scoring Average?
- Typical Ball Flight?
- What does your "bad shot" look like?
- Physical Limitations?

Edited by mikpga, 18 November 2012 - 12:40 PM.

#6 jdotconnor

jdotconnor

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130876
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

I got on a generic launch monitor and my swing speed was right at 100. some 98 some 102. I feel I hit it pretty far but distance can help make my approach shots easier and I think I have the power, flexability and potential to be a consistant 280 yard driver.
scoring average.
80, shoot mid 70's at home course. shot 2 over at fore_lifes course from the back tees first time I saw it. shot 89 at wolf creek 6 months ago.
typical ball flight.
lower then most, cut with driver and draw on irons
bad shot?
usually thin but turns out with irons. driver miss is either a push fade approaching a slice or over the top draw. either way I am in trouble.
No physical limitations at all.

#7 akiracornell

akiracornell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 195590
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

Please direguard my first post.
Your handicap says theres not much of problem.  I figured out what made it look flippy. The club position at address looks like u want to hit up at. But then it looks good when you forward press before the back swing. If anything a tad more hinge.

I  did notice a couple of grip issues though. The pad of your of your left hand goes off the end of the club. If your left hand goes past those 2 little lines on the butt of the grip you might be giving up some clubhead control by not having the shaft completley in your left hand.
   Now, if you decide to grip down the shaft as i would, u might have to get your clubs bent upright a half to 1 degree. Or extend your shafts 1/2 inch. Depending on your height and current shaft length, as u like a taller fellow.

Personally i would see if you could get use to your left hand more onto the shaft. More control in the end. I personally would weaken your right hand a bit. Both of these would help naturaly hinge more. Hence more lag, layed off release, more downward compression, and increased clubhead speed. Really its just a few little tweaks. Again this is all jmo.

Edited by akiracornell, 20 November 2012 - 04:30 AM.

#8 Coy M

Coy M

OG Baby

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150461
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

7 to 165 but 56 to 115? Dang. Yeah only thing I really see is:
-Your grip(looks way too strong)
-No upper body turn. Your swinging with all arms and hands.
-and the obvious, the back swing. Looks like you're taking a half shot back swing then going through the ball like a full shot.

I'm sure if you fixed the back swing you would gain yardage.
Anser 12* AD DI 6
Exotics XCG3 16.5* ATTAS Elements 7
Titleist 910fd 19* Diamana BB 8
Nike Vr Pro Combo 4-PW KBS Tour
Ping TR Shea H
Ping Tour Black 52*, Nike Pro 56*/60*

#9 Jon Robert

Jon Robert

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 163937
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

It is hard to do but I finally clicked to get it to stop at the right spot 3:41

3:41 shows the position that separates amateurs from pros. Johnny Miller says every pro achieves the lag position and amateurs don't.  Your shaft is pointing down at 45 degrees when the hands are in front of the rear leg. Pros will have the shaft pointing up 45 degrees.
In other words you might be casting to some extent. To verify this download V1 Home 2.0 basic swing analyzer software.  (its free) I did and went frame by frame. it looks like you have the "later in the downswing" casting that Herman mentions at 4:53 in the video. Not bad just a little early. This could cause the flipping mentioned in the follow through. But that can be solved by throwing your right hand out to the second baseman after impact as well.

I would concentrate on achieving the text book lag position and watch how dramatically consistance inproves.

The following video explains it clearly.

Edited by Jon Robert, 08 December 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#10 fore_life

fore_life

REPS AND TRAJ...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,695 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59484
GolfWRX Likes : 496

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Conner, where are you at with your swing now?

Cobra biocell PRO px 6.5
txxx burner 2.0 13.5 UST Attas 80x
txxx burner 2.0 18.5 ahina 80x
callaway  quad dot V protos 4-P ctaper X
raw txxx xft 51, xft 55/60
odyssey ti-hot 1
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors