Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Titleist 913 with 95mph swing speed

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Chucksta

Chucksta

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87938
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

About to order a Titleist 913.

Very tempted to pay the upcharge for a Graphite design AD DI6 shaft in Stiff (S) or Stiff/Regular (SR). I love the way the shaft loads and ball flight is penetrating.

Questions:
1. Should I go for a 9.5 or 10.5? Also, D2 or D3? I'm leaning towards 10.5 D2 because it will be more forgiving on a bad day.

2. With a 95mph swing speed, is stiff or stiff/regular better for me?

Thanks

Edited by Chucksta, 14 November 2012 - 07:18 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 J5isalive

J5isalive

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 142495
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

you need to get on a launch monitor to get some details of your angle of attack and launch angle,  as everyones swing is different no one will be able to tell you which loft will work better for you.

#3 TML

TML

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8692
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

You need to hit the driver outside.  I was fit with an 8.5 deg 910d2, and this year was fit with a 7.5 deg 913D3 with D+ stiff

#4 rocker40

rocker40

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,812 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97266
GolfWRX Likes : 100

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

This one is always tough for me because my SS is 95 as well and its between flexes.  So i usually go with a Stiff with a higher torque.
I stay around 3.5+ area.  I heard that the GD AD DI6 is pretty stiff and you should go down in flex for that SS.

I tried a couple of fittings for the 913 driver and each time i come out pretty messed up in the head on which shaft to go with.
Im going to go back out and try it at another store with a different monitor.  I was told to start out with the D+ or Phenom.

On one the shafts ive really had luck with is the Diamana Kai'li 60 Stiff.  The weight and torque feel great to me...
( Ill probably just go with a stock shaft for now and the pick up the real kaili later ).

#5 FairwayGolfUSA.com

FairwayGolfUSA.com

Major Winner

• Sponsors
  • 1,322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185658
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

It comes down to feel. I know a lot of 95mph swingers that got fitted into a DI 6 stiff because of feel and not losing any performance from the change.

The Kai'li is a great shaft and I hear a lot about how people love the feel of it.

RYAN

Fairway Golf Online Store :golfer:
Email: cs@fairwaygolfusa.com
Phone: 1-877-509-0830

#6 rocker40

rocker40

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,812 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Which shaft did you go with?

#7 philfrance

philfrance

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38763
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

SImilar swing speed. 48 years old, usually carry the ball app 230, get an occasional 15-20 yards roll - 96+ swing speed. Thinking about getting the 913 in 8.5 or 9.5, with possibly a Phenom 50 Stiff? Trying to gain a few extra mph, but oncerned if I  do, the regular will be a little whippy...? Currently gaming 910 9.5
D2 with OEM (non Titleist) Aldila Voodoo VR6 Regular.

Ideas?

Phil

Edited by philfrance, 20 November 2012 - 08:06 AM.

#8 Sean2

Sean2

Wait...what?

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 4671

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

Too many variable. As has been suggested you need to get on an LM and hit some balls out doors. Swing speed is only one component in shaft flex, how you load the shaft, for example is another. I know a guy with 109 MPH swing speed who plays regular and another with 85 MPH who plays stiff.

As far as loft? That would be hard to tell without knowing your launch angle, angle of attack, spin rate, etc.

Before you spend that much money, it really would be worth your while to get on a LM as well as determine what would be the best flex for you.

Good luck!
Hey...be nice.

#9 rocker40

rocker40

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,812 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

View Postphilfrance, on 20 November 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

SImilar swing speed. 48 years old, usually carry the ball app 230, get an occasional 15-20 yards roll - 96+ swing speed. Thinking about getting the 913 in 8.5 or 9.5, with possibly a Phenom 50 Stiff? Trying to gain a few extra mph, but oncerned if I  do, the regular will be a little whippy...? Currently gaming 910 9.5
D2 with OEM (non Titleist) Aldila Voodoo VR6 Regular.

Ideas?

Phil

I have a similar swingspeed.  Goes from 95 to 100 on good days.  I like the 62 S+ but its a bit spinny.
Other suggestions were the D+ 60 and the RIP Phenom 60.  So i will be looking to find a demo cart with these shafts. Leaning towards the Phenom.
I currently play the Diamana Kai'li 60 in my R11s.  Ill probably upgrade from stock back to a real Kai'li later.
Let me know what you go with.  Thanks.

#10 Bobc910

Bobc910

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13785
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

You should do yourself justice and get on launch monitor.  It's cheaper than having to sell a brand new used shaft that you just paid a lot of pretty pennies for.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 philfrance

philfrance

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38763
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

I managed to try the 913 D2 and D3 on a launch monitor and on the course yesterday. My SS was between 94 and 98 mph. I hit Bassara Regular(?), figures weren't all too bad, though launch a little high, but reducing loft on driver and the figures were good. The Diamana D+  (blue?) in Stiff, worked fine too. Very comfortable too feel, but seemed to lack gun when I focused on better contact and speed. Tried the Phenom 70 in regular, and figures were good, and it felt a little bit stout ( closer to Stiff to me), but figures were good too.

I ultimately took the D3, 9.5° and Phenom70 Regular on the course. On average, hitting the ball 10-15 yards further than with my D2. Can't say if this is due to shaft or not (I currently hit a 910D2 with OEM Aldila Voodoo VR6). Shaft is probably the important factor due to tip stiff producing slightly flatter trajectory. Easy to hit, pleasant feel, slightly more metallic sound than 910.  I previously owned a 910D3, and I felt the 913D3 to be easier to hit consistently. Gonna take out the 93D2 out for a spin today...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors