Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Think I'll replace my OLD Speed Cart w/ a Clic Gear - any must have accessories?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 geoangus

geoangus

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132165
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

My original Speed Cart is a little long in the tooth, and the car I currently drive is a lot smaller in the trunk, so I think I'll use part of my pro shop credit to pick up a Clic Gear 3.0.  As most of the accessories appear to be a la carte, are there any that are a must.  And conversely, are there any that just aren't worth it?

And does the cart come with an umbrella mount, like the speed cart, or do you need to keep the umbrella on the bag until you need it?  It looks like the stock umbrella holder is stationary - that has worked for me on the speed cart, is it fine with the Clic Gear too?

How's the GPS holder and brush for cleaning your spikes?

913D3 9.5*
913F 15*
910H 19* / 913H 24*
712 AP2 5-PW
Scotty Cameron Dual Balance Futura X
Vokey SM4 52* 56* 60*

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 NostraDEIMOS

NostraDEIMOS

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116097
  • Ebay ID:NostraDEIMOS
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

the clicgear comes with an umbrella mount that screws onto the handle, then you can store it away on the built in clip.. the umbrella, you can put away on the umbrella straps on the left of the cart (which I do), or you can put it back on your bag..

as for must have accessories, the only one that comes to mind would be the shoe brush.. I have the cooler tube, seat, and sand bottle as well and while they're all great accessories, I wouldn't mark them as must haves (maybe the sand bottle to fix your divots).. it does come with a cup holder which holds my water bottles fine, but if you want it to hold something bigger (like a 32oz gatorade bottle) you're SOL unless you get the cooler tube or the cooler bag that mounts underneath

I use a Garmin G6 with a clip which I just clip onto the cart, but I use my Leupold GX3i sometimes and just keep it in the compartment or I'll use the tether and mount that on the handle bar.. I didn't want to get the gps hold because I'd have to put a sticky tab on my items.. I thought about the rangefinder holder, but haven't gotten to it yet

Edited by NostraDEIMOS, 13 November 2012 - 11:54 PM.

#3 kittington

kittington

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58597
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

The Clicgear 3.0 is a great push cart. Very stable. My home course is hilly and I can trust that it wont tip over when I let the cart run down the hills. When I bought my cart direct from Clicgear they recommended the Proactive Sports View GPS Holder 3.0. I think that Proactive Sports actually owns Clicgear. Anyways my GPS holder works ok. I have a Skycaddie SGX. At first the retaining knob that screws into the cart fell apart and I had to use pliers to remove the fastening nut. I called PS and they sent out 2 replacement knobs of which I've only had to use one and it's held up for 5 months. I always have to re-tighten the knob and straighten the holder after bumpy hills. I would recommend the gps holder even after some hassles with it.

#4 Swingem

Swingem

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137046
GolfWRX Likes : 85

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

I've been using the 2.0 for 3 years. The only "must have" is probably the shoe brush, a $10 item.
TM RBZ Stage2 Tour, Matrix 7Q3
TM RBZ stg2 tour 3 hybrid. Fuji Fuel
TM RBZ stg2 tour 4 hybrid, Fuji Fuel
TM TP 2011 MC 5-P. DG Pro s300
TM Tour Preferred 52*, 56*. XFT 60*
TM Spider Mallet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors