Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Senior Flex vs. Ladies Flex?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Golf Ball Wacker Guy

Golf Ball Wacker Guy

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 148809
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Been looking for a Ladies driver for my g/f and came across a 12* r9 with a senior flex shaft pretty cheap.

Not too familiar with the two. How big of a difference is there? She's fairly new to the game but fairly athletic.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 GolfMonster09

GolfMonster09

I've chili-dipped the wedge...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141937
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

The difference is usually just tipping. I know a lot of shafts come in combo flex R/S and A/L. The difference between Senior (A) and Ladies (L) is that you simply tip the  shaft 1" (usually) to create a senior flex, and leave the shaft un-tipped for a ladies flex.

These are just my observations on it, but I cannot see much difference other than that.

Best of luck!
WITB UNDER CONSTRUCTION

#3 honketyhank

honketyhank

Uncle Horace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68488
  • Ebay ID:honketyhank
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostGolf Ball Wacker Guy, on 13 November 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

Been looking for a Ladies driver for my g/f and came across a 12* r9 with a senior flex shaft pretty cheap.

Not too familiar with the two. How big of a difference is there? She's fairly new to the game but fairly athletic.

First I would refer you to Tom Wishon's excellent posts on shaft flex and the importance (or irrelevance) thereof.

Second, I would observe that "fairly new to golf" and "fairly athletic" indicate to me that she could well be fitted nicely in either A or L, depending on the vagaries that exist in those two labels. And it could well be that either would work nicely. I think it is well worth a go with the R9.

Third, I would just note that I have in my bag one club with L flex, several clubs with R flex, and one club with A flex. They are in my bag because I hit them better than other alternatives I have tried. I am not currently a low handicap golfer, so her results may vary. But I also note that the L flex club is a favorite that I use for a variety of "go to" shots.

Bottom line, I would give her the R9 and say, "you have an athletic swing, especially with the driver, this should suit you well." No comments like "Now you have to swing like a man", or anything even slightly similar.

Caveat: while I have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, it wasn't recently.

#4 steve76t

steve76t

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174780
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

In my experience weight is a bigger factor than is flex of a golf club.  Senior and Ladies shafts tend to be fairly similar in weights, so I doubt the shaft in the R9 will really be the issue.  I'd also guess that the 12 Degree driver should be a great starter club for you girlfriend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors