Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Callaway 2013 3 Wood Offering?

Callaway 3 Wood RBZ Razr Fit

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#91 hayzooos

hayzooos

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,739 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51734
  • Handicap:5-7
GolfWRX Likes : 651

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

View Postsmackygolf, on 20 November 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

View Posthayzooos, on 20 November 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

View Postsmackygolf, on 20 November 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

Ernie and Phil with black Extreme bag--everyone else (ALL the multitudes of new signees) with the white X-Hot bag.

Speculation or fact? Seems weird only two guys would have what's supposed to be the "premium" line bag. Does that mean Phil and Ernie have already been fit into (or are playing) the Xtreme driver as well?

I don't post speculation. This is what I was told. And so far, my source has been 100% right.  It may be the "premium" line, but they are going to be spending all their marketing dollar on the XHot line. AND--the white bag is straight FIRE! Just gorgeous.

This is what I've come to notice and the biggest reason I asked! Thanks to you and Bogey for the constant supply of good information. I'm sure there are others out there (xerpro, [spelling?] the guy with the TM MC as his avatar) that I missed, but it seems like there are guys a dime a dozen with "information" and then there are a few with "good information".

Bio Cell + w/ Diamana D+
XHP 15* Fuji Speeder VC 8.1
Diablo Edge Tour 18* AXE Fwy
XHP 4-PW C-Taper
SCOR 52/58* Nippon WV 115/125
Odyssey Blk TD #1W
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#92 JGalls

JGalls

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,553 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2519
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

Excited to see what they come up with.  The Tour sounds very appealing with grey top and smaller than the RBZ Tour woods.

I have to believe Callaway is sitting back waiting to see what TM does with its new RBZ line and then counter.

Edited by JGalls, 21 November 2012 - 08:33 AM.

Callaway BB Alpha 9*
Callaway BB Pro 16*
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 20*, X Utility 24*
Callaway Apex Pro 5-P, KBSTourV
Callaway MD2 50s, 54s, 60u
Odyssey Tour Black Series i Long Neck #1

#93 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,474 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
GolfWRX Likes : 962

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

When will Cally announce the rest of their line for 2013?  That is what everyone is really wanting to hear more about.

#94 MCoz

MCoz

Tour Winner

• 778 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3519
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 114

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

So let me get this straight (even though I haven't read all 100 posts), There are guys here who have hit their Callaway reps new super long fairway woods and they are much better than the the TM RBZs which was the biggest thing to hcome in FW clubs since Orlimar in the 90's. But Callaway's main player doesn't have one, so he is using the competitors RBZ???
Lot of crap going on here when I hear that the reps have a club that that their leading player doesn't and it magically is better than the the club their player is using???
Yeah, okay, in the next life!

#95 OUZO Power

OUZO Power

Major Winner

• 2,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207419
GolfWRX Likes : 597

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostMCoz, on 21 November 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

So let me get this straight (even though I haven't read all 100 posts), There are guys here who have hit their Callaway reps new super long fairway woods and they are much better than the the TM RBZs which was the biggest thing to hcome in FW clubs since Orlimar in the 90's. But Callaway's main player doesn't have one, so he is using the competitors RBZ???
Lot of crap going on here when I hear that the reps have a club that that their leading player doesn't and it magically is better than the the club their player is using???
Yup not reading all the posts would made you not jump the gun. Seems like the new FW was intorduced to reps well after PM used the RBZ.

#96 smackygolf

smackygolf

Major Winner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9577
GolfWRX Likes : 283

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

I don't think anyone is saying that. As you know, the RBZ was difficult to hitt off the deck, and easy off the tee. Where was Phil hitting it? Deck or tee?  The design difference here is that the hot fwy is extraordinarily easy to hit of the deck, and is longer for nearly everyone. Once you see the design, you'll have no questions. Max COR (in fact, the first submissions to the USGA got a non-conforming letter), and easy to get airborne. The perfect fairway for a guy who hits driver 250 yards.

#97 MCoz

MCoz

Tour Winner

• 778 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

View PostOUZO Power, on 21 November 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

Yup not reading all the posts would made you not jump the gun. Seems like the new FW was intorduced to reps well after PM used the RBZ.
Phil was only playing the RBZ 3 weeks ago, what is well after? Callaway has been making him special protos since he joined them. If there was such a thing he would have had it in the bag. These clubs had to have prototypes for testing, 4-6 months to get a finished product into the hands of the reps by November. Which means that Phil would have had one in his bag long before any rep had ever heard of it. If it were the revolutionary club that is claimed he would not have had an RBZ in play three weeks ago, trust me!
Now that said if Callaway does actully come out with something that is near the claims here, it will be in the bags of other Tour players that endorse other companies and it will also be in mine.

#98 Empros

Empros

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199698
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

^ Nobody cares.

#99 ZBigStick

ZBigStick

It's Good to be the Champ!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13111
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

View Postsmackygolf, on 21 November 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

I don't think anyone is saying that. As you know, the RBZ was difficult to hitt off the deck, and easy off the tee. Where was Phil hitting it? Deck or tee?  The design difference here is that the hot fwy is extraordinarily easy to hit of the deck, and is longer for nearly everyone. Once you see the design, you'll have no questions. Max COR (in fact, the first submissions to the USGA got a non-conforming letter), and easy to get airborne. The perfect fairway for a guy who hits driver 250 yards.

Sign me up!

I was hoping for a 16.5˚ RBZ Tour, but this sounds way better, and the shaft sounds intriguing too.  If it's Hot like the original X-Hot and easy to use like the Steelhead and Steelhead+ this thing could be huge. Thanks, Chip for having them re-do the 2013 line.  Color me excited!  X-Forged, X-Hot and Xtreme
Callaway FT Tour 10.5 X-Con 5
Callaway X2-Hot Pro 15 Diamana Blue 83
Callaway X2-Hot Pro 20hy Kuro Kage 80
Callaway X-Proto 23, Apex Pro 5-A PXi
Odyssey White Hot Pro #7
Callaway X-Tour 54, X-Forged 59 S400

#100 ZBigStick

ZBigStick

It's Good to be the Champ!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13111
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

View PostMCoz, on 21 November 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

View PostOUZO Power, on 21 November 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

Phil was only playing the RBZ 3 weeks ago, what is well after? Callaway has been making him special protos since he joined them. If there was such a thing he would have had it in the bag. These clubs had to have prototypes for testing, 4-6 months to get a finished product into the hands of the reps by November. Which means that Phil would have had one in his bag long before any rep had ever heard of it. If it were the revolutionary club that is claimed he would not have had an RBZ in play three weeks ago, trust me!
Now that said if Callaway does actully come out with something that is near the claims here, it will be in the bags of other Tour players that endorse other companies and it will also be in mine.

Fact

http://golfweek.com/...od/?BLOG-ToyBox

Callaway FT Tour 10.5 X-Con 5
Callaway X2-Hot Pro 15 Diamana Blue 83
Callaway X2-Hot Pro 20hy Kuro Kage 80
Callaway X-Proto 23, Apex Pro 5-A PXi
Odyssey White Hot Pro #7
Callaway X-Tour 54, X-Forged 59 S400

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#101 Bogey's Belly

Bogey's Belly

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171707
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Can someone close this thread?

#102 resili

resili

HAGG

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8470
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

View PostBogey, on 21 November 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

Can someone close this thread?

Why?

Titleist 913D3 10.5. RIP Phenom 70S
Adams XTD Ti 15. UST Proforce V2 76S
Titleist 913H & Maltby KE4 Tour HDI
Maltby TE Forged (5-PW). FST Pro 115S
Nike VR X3X DS 52, TS 56 & TS 60
PRGR R35w & B60 and Anser collection

#103 Bogey's Belly

Bogey's Belly

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171707
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

there is another thread on the same topic w/ better info.

#104 resili

resili

HAGG

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8470
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostBogey, on 21 November 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

The only one similar to this one is one titled: "PICS! 2013 Callaway X Hot & X Hot Pro Lineup" and in the very first post there is a message saying "sorry but we had to remove the pics"

It seems to me that the content of that thread does not match the title nor the expectations... Don't you agree?

Have a great game.

Titleist 913D3 10.5. RIP Phenom 70S
Adams XTD Ti 15. UST Proforce V2 76S
Titleist 913H & Maltby KE4 Tour HDI
Maltby TE Forged (5-PW). FST Pro 115S
Nike VR X3X DS 52, TS 56 & TS 60
PRGR R35w & B60 and Anser collection

#105 Frank811

Frank811

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212455
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostBogey, on 21 November 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

#106 Frank811

Frank811

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212455

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Which thread is that? Thanks

#107 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,474 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
GolfWRX Likes : 962

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

View PostFrank811, on 21 November 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

Which thread is that? Thanks

It's at the top of the page, Cally X line.

#108 2659edward

2659edward

#insideTMAG

• 2,498 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64299
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 269

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

I have thought that this was why Phil COULDN'T play the new hot Callaway. It didn't pass inspection, non conforming. Happened to Phil and Callaway right after the groove change. New wedges were deemed non conforming and Phil went with a set of old Ping's.
Twitter:@ Ed _Settle
WITB Link

#109 Zunes

Zunes

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59882
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Smacks, have you smacked this club personally and if so, how was it off a tee?
Callaway Big Bertha Driver
Callaway Big Bertha 5w
Callaway X2 Hot Hybrids
Ping Karsten irons 5-SW
Scotty Select Newport 2
Callaway MD2 54,  58, 64

#110 MCoz

MCoz

Tour Winner

• 778 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

View Post2659edward, on 21 November 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

I have thought that this was why Phil COULDN'T play the new hot Callaway. It didn't pass inspection, non conforming. Happened to Phil and Callaway right after the groove change. New wedges were deemed non conforming and Phil went with a set of old Ping's.
Well what are they doing? Sending out non conforming heads to the reps where they will make an impression that is not really true?
They didn't get these changed to legal and out to the reps in that kind of time frame. It can't happen that quickly. These clubheads are completely made in China. While it is possible to get a few new protos changed and back (at a huge cost!) in short order, there isn't enough time to do that and get USGA approvals and then get enough heads out to the club sales reps. Don't forget all of the OEMs are rushing new production and they all share casting companies. Do you think that the other OEMs (ie. TaylorMade and Nike [let alone Ping and Titleist] who are both rushing new product out) are just going to get out of the way for another OEM? Do you think that Callaway is going to out spend the others for first priority?
Let's get real here!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#111 2659edward

2659edward

#insideTMAG

• 2,498 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64299
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 269

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

View PostMCoz, on 21 November 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

Well what are they doing? Sending out non conforming heads to the reps where they will make an impression that is not really true?
They didn't get these changed to legal and out to the reps in that kind of time frame. It can't happen that quickly. These clubheads are completely made in China. While it is possible to get a few new protos changed and back (at a huge cost!) in short order, there isn't enough time to do that and get USGA approvals and then get enough heads out to the club sales reps. Don't forget all of the OEMs are rushing new production and they all share casting companies. Do you think that the other OEMs (ie. TaylorMade and Nike [let alone Ping and Titleist] who are both rushing new product out) are just going to get out of the way for another OEM? Do you think that Callaway is going to out spend the others for first priority?
Let's get real here!

I don't know. Doesn't add up. Taken separately, they make sense. But, if people are demoing these 2 fairway heads, and they are conforming, why isn't one in Phil's bag. Maybe Phil is waiting on a one-off just for him. It wasn't like the RBZ was a stock offering.

Something doesn't add up and we may never know why...

Edited by 2659edward, 22 November 2012 - 12:08 AM.

Twitter:@ Ed _Settle
WITB Link

#112 monkeynaut

monkeynaut

I'm Gonna Live Forever! But first I need to stop this bl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124830
GolfWRX Likes : 1426

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

Let's get real here!
obviously it's a conspiracy between the commies and the liberal media! Moving on...
Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW
Mizuno JPX 50*, Mizuno MPT-11 54*
Vokey SM4 60/10, Odyssey Black TD #2

#113 leontom16

leontom16

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 211211

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

View Post2659edward, on 22 November 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

Let's get real here!

I don't know. Doesn't add up. Taken separately, they make sense. But, if people are demoing these 2 fairway heads, and they are conforming, why isn't one in Phil's bag. Maybe Phil is waiting on a one-off just for him. It wasn't like the RBZ was a stock offering.

Something doesn't add up and we may never know why...

This is called "media embargo".
X-Hot has not been introcued to the public, and having PM play it before would be a huge breach of embargo way too early.
I don't believe the reps have their bags and shot broadcast worldwide, so after signing a confidentiality agreement, they can hit and learn about new products. After all they are the one selling the products to the public and can make it success or failure!

Edited by leontom16, 22 November 2012 - 09:53 AM.

#114 J13

J13

@jminis13

• 9,227 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
GolfWRX Likes : 1135

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

Interested to see what Phil plays come the actual season not "silly" season where he jumps from country to country picking up million $ appearance fee's.
Silly Season Bag
Callawrx 1
Cally Vegas shoot

#115 JGalls

JGalls

Major Winner

• 2,553 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2519
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

It's going to be so good it's going to knock the RBZ out off his bag.... And it should for yours too!

I can see the print ad now :)

Callaway BB Alpha 9*
Callaway BB Pro 16*
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 20*, X Utility 24*
Callaway Apex Pro 5-P, KBSTourV
Callaway MD2 50s, 54s, 60u
Odyssey Tour Black Series i Long Neck #1

#116 Callaway_HarryA

Callaway_HarryA

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 519 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 202791
GolfWRX Likes : 554

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostJGalls, on 22 November 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

It's going to be so good it's going to knock the RBZ out off his bag.... And it should for yours too!

Hey that's pretty good right there...

#117 JB lefty

JB lefty

JB

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119043
  • Ebay ID:cashdupjb
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

Has a release date for these been scheduled? At the same time the new extreme gets released would be great.
Optiforce 440 Matrix Black 7M3 X flex
X2Hot 5 wood with stock shaft (cannon)
Apex Pro 4-AW KBS Tour V X flex SS1
Callaway Jaws Wedges 56,60
One spot available any ideas?
Odyssey DF550 blade putter/ Pro v 1 ball

#118 MCoz

MCoz

Tour Winner

• 778 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

View PostCallaway_HarryA, on 22 November 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

I appreciate your info and your comments throughout this site. But I have yet to see any plausible answers to my concerns in above posts concerning timing of legal clubs that are "revolutionary" and in the sales reps hands when Phil has had to use a competitors club just a couple of weeks earlier. I know how Callaway takes care of him (among other key staff players). I have been around for a long time and I know how this works. This doesn't fit any reasonable time frame unless the reps have non-conforming clubs in their hands (which I know has happened before, by someone OTHER than Callaway quite a few years ago). I don't mean to cause trouble here but I will question things by anyone that doesn't sound or seem "kosher".
I realize that you may not be in a position to answer or comment on this. But I have to question it. In the meantime I look forward to seeing what you have coming. TM has had a stronghold in this catagory recently and now with Nike getting a lot of new attention for dynamic new designs, this promises that 2013 could be a big year in experimentation and maybe a very big year for the OEMS (not just TMAG).
Good luck, we will all be paying attention. I can always find room in the bag for someting that works and I am never afraid to tout it.

#119 leontom16

leontom16

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 211211

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

View PostJB lefty, on 22 November 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

Has a release date for these been scheduled? At the same time the new extreme gets released would be great.
If not the same date at least the same month...

#120 Callaway_HarryA

Callaway_HarryA

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 519 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 202791
GolfWRX Likes : 554

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

View PostMCoz, on 23 November 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

View PostCallaway_HarryA, on 22 November 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

I appreciate your info and your comments throughout this site. But I have yet to see any plausible answers to my concerns in above posts concerning timing of legal clubs that are "revolutionary" and in the sales reps hands when Phil has had to use a competitors club just a couple of weeks earlier. I know how Callaway takes care of him (among other key staff players). I have been around for a long time and I know how this works. This doesn't fit any reasonable time frame unless the reps have non-conforming clubs in their hands (which I know has happened before, by someone OTHER than Callaway quite a few years ago). I don't mean to cause trouble here but I will question things by anyone that doesn't sound or seem "kosher".
I realize that you may not be in a position to answer or comment on this. But I have to question it. In the meantime I look forward to seeing what you have coming. TM has had a stronghold in this catagory recently and now with Nike getting a lot of new attention for dynamic new designs, this promises that 2013 could be a big year in experimentation and maybe a very big year for the OEMS (not just TMAG).
Good luck, we will all be paying attention. I can always find room in the bag for someting that works and I am never afraid to tout it.

Thanks for the post. I'm definitely in a position to comment on this. Our reps do not have samples of the XHot Pro fairway, which comes in the lower lofts. They only have one sample each of the XHot fairway. 15 degree.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors