Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Can I replace weights on Studio Select Newport?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fred9

fred9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128973
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Attached is pic of putter I'm considering bidding for on Ebay. I thought I could replace weights ( I understand a special tool is needed) but I just read where only the factory can replace weights on this model. Is that correct?
Posted Image
Thanks

Edited by fred9, 13 November 2012 - 10:13 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 bosoxfan

bosoxfan

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14841
  • Ebay ID:kjam100100
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

If you have the tool, I'm pretty sure you can do it, but I would strongly suggest that you get the right tool, otherwise you are almost certain to scar up the sole of your putter.  I know I've removed the weights from my Kombi just to confirm what their actual weight was, and it was no problem at all.
KH

Edited by bosoxfan, 13 November 2012 - 10:28 AM.

#3 NostraDEIMOS

NostraDEIMOS

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116097
  • Ebay ID:NostraDEIMOS

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

you can change the weights, I used the ones out of my Golo in my Studio Select (I sent the golo to the CS for engraved weights).. I used the weight tool to do it, pretty simple to do yourself

Posted Image

Edited by NostraDEIMOS, 13 November 2012 - 06:02 PM.

#4 fred9

fred9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128973

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Thank you both!

#5 ballana

ballana

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53025
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

It is very easy to replace the weights when you have the replacement weights and weight removal tool (I recommend you get the scotty tool and authentic weights - there are a lot of aftermarket ones out there).

Just so you're not surprised when you receive the putter though, the first time you try to pull the factory installed weights, you may find they're difficult to remove. They typically ship these putters new with the weights glued into the head. If that's the case when you get it, an easy trick that's worked for me is to hold the weight you're swapping out under a tap running hot water for a few seconds (10 to 20 or so). That'll generally loosen the bond enough to make it easy to unscrew the weight. After swapping them out for the first time, it will be much easier to do subsequently...

#6 ws6

ws6

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15560
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

4thvictory on ebay has top notch aftermarket weights that fit perfectly.  

http://www.ebay.com/..._ssn=4thvictory

#7 hebron1427

hebron1427

Older. Slower. Weaker. AtlJeff

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114354
GolfWRX Likes : 156

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Is this a joke? Yes you can interchange the interchangeable weights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors