Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

GOLFWRX GIVEAWAY: TaylorMade Ultimate RocketBladez Experience

1404 replies to this topic

#1 HipCheck

HipCheck

Finally summer!

• Marshals
  • 5,097 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1164

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

Okay WRXers. We’ve seen our share of incredible OEM forum experiences, such as trips to The Kingdom for R11/R11s drivers, R11 irons, R11 irons & lessons with Hank Haney, RBZ fittings at Doral and Bandon Dunes with the late Jim Flick.  This TaylorMade / GolfWRX giveaway, however, might take the cake.

Announcing…

Posted Image

There will be five GolfWRX winners as outlined below.

One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive:
  • An all-expenses paid trip to Naples, Florida, December 4-7
  • 3-night stay at the beautiful Tiburon Golf Club at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples
  • A custom fitting at the brand new TaylorMade Performance Lab in Naples for an entire set of 2013 TaylorMade product (RocketBladez  / RocketBladez Tour irons, yet-to-be announced metalwood line, ATV wedges, TM putter of choice, new golf ball, bag, gloves and apparel and footwear from adidas Golf and Ashworth)
  • Spot in the Franklin Templeton Shootout Pro-Am (two days)
  • Access to the poolside Pairings Party, Pro-Am Awards Dinner and player locker room
  • Attend the TaylorMade Performance Lab grand opening with TaylorMade players
  • Special GolfWRX Meet & Greet with TaylorMade ambassador Greg Norman
Four (4) Winners receive:
  • 3-night stay at the beautiful Tiburon Golf Club at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples
  • A custom fitting at the brand new TaylorMade Performance Lab in Naples for an new RocketBladez  / RocketBladez Tour irons
  • Access to poolside Pairings Party and Pro- Am Awards Dinner
  • Golf on Tiburon Golf Club’s Black Course
Amazing right?  We think so too.  Now enter below today!

TO ENTER:
Reply to the thread below and tell us why you are a candidate for a custom fit set of RocketBladez Irons.

Deadline to enter is November 21, 2012.  Winners will be picked at the sole discretion of TaylorMade / GolfWRX based on entries received.  One entry per household.  Must be a resident of the US and at least 18 years old at the time of entry.

Good luck!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Zach Heusser

Zach Heusser

#insideTMAG

• Marshals
  • 3,789 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77
  • Handicap:pro

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

What an awesome opportunity for 5 lucky members! :smilie_tm:
Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course
Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2014
Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012
Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur University
My WITB

http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/

#3 HipCheck

HipCheck

Finally summer!

• Marshals
  • 5,097 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1164

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Please read HOW TO ENTER above!

TO ENTER:
Reply to the thread below and tell us why you are a candidate for a custom fit set of RocketBladez Irons.

#4 bulls9999

bulls9999

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73827
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Thank-you for considering me as a candidate for these gems, 'precious metals'.  To be fitted with a revolutionary new technology....2 points to be made:  1) revolutionary new technology in irons, and for me, 2) to be fitted!!  Yippie kayaie.  I'm speechless.  I don't know what to say except... I hope you have these clubs in lefty.  I would love to represent the Left-handed side of GolfWRX in Naples at the Shark's Franklin Templeton Shootout.  Just honored to get fitted and receive (and play) my clubs.  Thank-you so very much !!

Edited by bulls9999, 12 November 2012 - 06:13 PM.

#5 Marks23

Marks23

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3600
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

I have never won anything and winning this  would more than make up for any past arrearages.  I believe playing properly fit equipment is a must to get the most performance out of one's ability.

#6 Xir

Xir

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132788
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Wow, this contest really touches all the right buttons. I'd love an opportunity to play an all TaylorMade bag! Sign me right on up!

Heck, I'll even wear a straw hat to the Shark's school!

#7 lightningbolt444

lightningbolt444

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,393 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36801
  • Ebay ID:lightning-JHR
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

Wow Thank you for the amazing contest GolfWRX and TaylorMade. You guys continue to show why you are the best in golf and one up yourselves  over and over again.

I feel I would be a great candidate for this giveaway as I have played Dozens upon Dozens of sets of irons over the years and feel that I can give the community an accurate review of what the new RocketBladez offer. The Biggest thing I feel with giveaways such as this is the community knows exactly what happens and the results. It is the only way to truly give a representation of new offerings and services that are offered by the current golf companies. Many people use this site as their main source of information on golf clubs. As such reviews must be well thought out and give the reader all the information to educate them on their purchase.

Thank You again for this great offering to the GolfWRX membership. If I am chosen to be one of the representatives I would love to show what an amazing experience this will be through MANY pictures and a great review of the process.

Edited by lightningbolt444, 12 November 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#8 TheMackDaddy

TheMackDaddy

Butyraceous

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128677
  • Ebay ID:capebretoner
GolfWRX Likes : 790

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Wow I'm in! I would be a great candidate because I play in alot of tournaments and would convert people to playing Taylormade when they see me posting low numbers with all my new Taylormade gear!
Thanks WRX and Taylormade!!

#9 Melsantacruz

Melsantacruz

• 123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 149147
  • Ebay ID:melsantacruz
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Well for one, I need to get fitted for clubs because most everyone I've worked with says my swing is good and getting better, but my shots still have too much inconsistency.  I talked with my local pro and he said one thing: get fitted for clubs, which sounded in my ears like: "go pay a lot of money that you don't have on a custom-fitted set of clubs."  So then here's this fantastic opportunity from TM and GolfWRX, so I think: I deserve to have a shot at winning this, because if I pay for a new set on my own, the wife will have me out of the house before you could count to ten.
Thanks for the opportunity!

#10 hestrada77

hestrada77

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139770
  • Ebay ID:estradh
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

this would be the best - count me in
Thanks

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 goodoldgus

goodoldgus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199156
  • Ebay ID:goodoldgus
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Couldn't think of a better way to start off the Christmas season other than to be chosen for this spectacular prize package.  Getting custom fit for an entire set of clubs, let alone the new 2012 TM offerings, is a fantastic opportunity for any golfer. I've always been an "off the rack" kind of guy and have only hit a few shots off a lie board in my entire life.  I would hope a custom fitting would expose my true potential in this game that we all love.  If all else fails, I certainly won't be able to blame the clubs anymore!!!   Count me in!!

#12 czneko

czneko

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15922
  • Ebay ID:czneko
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Thanks to GolfWRX and TaylorMade for the this great opportunity.  I am a 5 handicap and have always struggled with a lower ball flight.  I would benefit from the higher ball flight from Rocketbladez and the custom fitting!!  I know it does not matter but I am a TM fan!  Please pick me!!!

#13 leigh28

leigh28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199468

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

What an awesome chance. Thanks TM. I would love the chance to be properly fitted and swing some amazing clubs. As an average golfer who guesses his L/L/L, it would be amazing to know how close I am. Woohoo!

#14 hoganfan924

hoganfan924

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24689
GolfWRX Likes : 424

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

I'm in!  Need new irons in a bad way.  Two of my current set have had the badges fall out and the shafts come loose and the faces are getting worn out.  I've always played forged because I need 4 deg. flat lies but in the Q&A thread with TM, the Engineers informed us that with the bending notch, they can be bent that flat!  I played Taylormade woods a long time ago.  Started with the original "Pittsburgh persimmon" back in the 80's then went to a midsize with flextwist shaft, but my last one was a Ti bubble II!  I had some TM 300 forged irons way back when too.  I Would love to get back to TM gear as I've always had a lot of respect for their design innovation.  Very excited about the new Rbladez technology and as an engineer, I really appreciate everything that TM Engineers have been able to pack into this design.

Have also wanted to play in a pro-am for a long time but have never had that kind of opportunity.  The last few years have been pretty tough economically so probably will never have that kind of chance without winning it here.

I'm going to be demoing the Rbladez on Friday.  Really looking forward to it.  I've held off buying new irons until I try them out.  Hopefully the tour version will be there to try.

This is an unbelievable opportunity.  Thank you Taylormade and Golfwrx for offering it!

Edited by hoganfan924, 21 November 2012 - 10:13 PM.

#15 CHEESE

CHEESE

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47190
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

This would be a great experience and opportunity to learn and improve my game with great equipment.  Thanks Taylormade and GolfWRX.

#16 EricZ116

EricZ116

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 170844
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Wow, what a great opportunity...

As a lefty in a place with no custom fitting options, I've never been fitted or built a custom set of clubs at all. I'd love to experience things the "proper" way with taylormade!

#17 Big L

Big L

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117355
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Today my son turns 1 month old.  Because my life is now devoted to him, golf will be put on the back burner for a little while.  If I had the opportunity to attend this, it would be one of the last great golf related activities I'll be able to take part in for a  while.  I've wanted to upgrade my R7s and if I do it by winning a contest, my wife can't get too angry.   Thanks for the opportunity!!!

Edited by Big L, 12 November 2012 - 10:08 PM.

TM R9460 10.5*
TEE CB2 15* Ping I15 18.5*
TM RBZ 22*
Ping I20 5-UW
Seemore FGP
Cleveland CG16 54* & 58*

#18 ej002

ej002

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,865 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27552
GolfWRX Likes : 283

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Count me in.  And following up on EricZ, I am a canditate for a custom fit set of RBlades b/c I have very flat lofts and LEFTY and custom fitting is tough Aso I would like some Rblades to match my RBZ woods.

Edited by ej002, 12 November 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#19 dave s 316

dave s 316

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117083
  • Ebay ID:ds316inya
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Let me first say, thanks to WRX and Taylormade for this chance at golf heaven!
I was a Titleist guy from the heart. I slowly made my way through testing to TM woods,and putter. Can't get over the ghost movement. I just love the white and hope it never ends. Irons though is where I can't seem to change. Playing the AP-2 since it came out, now play the 712's and can't find a TM iron I liked. Now that I have a reason to try again,( Hurricane Sandy took our beach house on the Jersey shore,and my clubs, and my trackman, damn you Sandy!) This is just the thing I need. ( besides a new beach house) Please pick me!

#20 Boogaloo_Jones

Boogaloo_Jones

Servin' Pancakes since 2007

• 4,696 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83989
  • Handicap:17.1
GolfWRX Likes : 788

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Please count me in for this giveaway.

Why am I good candidate for this amazing Taylormade experience?  I am about a 17-19 handicap who has problems with irons, mainly in the 4-6 irons with distance control.  I feel that a properly fitted Rocketbladez set with all factors measured will greatly help me get a consistent distance and ball flight in my longer-mid irons.  Currently searching for a set of irons at the moment, Rocketbladez is in my sights and this would be a great opportunity to get fitted properly and fully unleash the capabilities of the iron and the SpeedSlot.  I would also like to see the new technology that the drivers/fairways/hybrids hold for the new season and would love to have my gamers "Taylormade" to my swing.

Thank you Taylormade and GolfWrx for this amazing opportunity!

Cobra BioCell Pro/ Kiyoshi White
Ping G25 4w
Cobra Bio Cell 3h
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro-Aerotech stiff
Slighter Redmond Custom

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 El Jefe

El Jefe

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23706
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

View PostHipCheck, on 12 November 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

Okay WRXers. We’ve seen our share of incredible OEM forum experiences, such as trips to The Kingdom for R11/R11s drivers, R11 irons, R11 irons & lessons with Hank Haney, RBZ fittings at Doral and Bandon Dunes with the late Jim Flick.  This TaylorMade / GolfWRX giveaway, however, might take the cake.

Announcing…

Posted Image

There will be five GolfWRX winners as outlined below.

One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive:
  • A custom fitting at the brand new TaylorMade Performance Lab in Naples for an entire set of 2013 TaylorMade product (RocketBladez  / RocketBladez Tour irons, yet-to-be announced metalwood line, ATV wedges, TM putter of choice, new golf ball, bag, gloves and apparel and footwear from adidas Golf and Ashworth)
  • Spot in the Franklin Templeton Shootout Pro-Am (two days)
  • Access to the poolside Pairings Party, Pro-Am Awards Dinner and player locker room
Four (4) Winners receive:
  • A custom fitting at the brand new TaylorMade Performance Lab in Naples for an new RocketBladez  / RocketBladez Tour irons
  • Access to poolside Pairings Party and Pro- Am Awards Dinner
  • Golf on Tiburon Golf Club’s Black Course
Amazing right?  We think so too.  Now enter below today!

TO ENTER:

Deadline to enter is November 23, 2012.  Winners will be picked at the sole discretion of TaylorMade / GolfWRX based on entries received.  One entry per household.  Must be a resident of the US and at least 18 years old at the time of entry.

Good luck!

Because I can

#22 jimpsycho

jimpsycho

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89729
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostHipCheck, on 12 November 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

Please read HOW TO ENTER above!

TO ENTER:

I would love to be selected for this opportunity and represent Taylor Made in amateur tournaments next year.  I would also like to make all of my TM bashing friends jealous of the wins I would bring home playing the new, built for me RocketBladez and finally make them converts!

#23 Chew70

Chew70

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116849
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

These ARE the droids you are looking for. You will choose me or suffer the fate of Alderaan. Hope my Jedi mind trick worked on you because those RocketBladez are an elegant weapon for a more civilized time.

#24 Flatstick77

Flatstick77

Tour Winner

• 683 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92543
  • Handicap:8.0
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Great contest!  Sign me up.

I would love to be selected, I have a R11s driver and play the TP5 ball, would love to play all Taylormade and get fit by the best....

Thanks
Titleist 913 9.5*
Titleist 913Fd 15*
Titleist 913H 19* & 24*
Rife

#25 murph9095

murph9095

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132201
GolfWRX Likes : 3

count me in taylormade for life!

#26 the4hornes

the4hornes

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12692
  • Handicap:7.4
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

I would be a good candidate for a custom fit set, because I have been playing for 30 years and have never had a fitting. Due to the cost of such a fitting, I have always tried to fit myself by guessing what I needed from the info that I read on GolfWRX. Although the info from GolfWRX was great, I don't have the tools needed for a good fitting. My game is the best it has ever been (a 7 handicap), but I think a good fitting with good quality clubs could get me down closer to scratch. At age 50, my distance will start slipping away soon but an expert fitting would help prolong my game a few more years. Thanks for the contest!

#27 fore_life

fore_life

REPS AND TRAJ...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59484
GolfWRX Likes : 509

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

AMAZING giveaway!

I think I would be a prime candidate in that : 1. The RBZ driver has changed my game, Ive yet to find, nor am I looking, for a driver that has had such a dramitic, positive impact on my game 2. I'm playing a set of irons that are pretty unforgiving, that I "fit" myself for, and I've never been custom fit for anything in my bag, I would love the world class opportunity to do so and see how it could impact my game. Pick me and my team will win the damn pro-am haha!

I play alot of golf with wrx guys, and spread the gospel of golfwrx to the general public that I meet on the course, I know how much word of mouth can spread buzz like wildfire, saw it firsthand when I was lucky enough to be selected to write the review on the RBZ driver. This fitting experience would literally be a dream come true.

Also forgot to mention that my Fu Manchu will look incredible in all of the promo pics haha

Edited by fore_life, 12 November 2012 - 06:53 PM.

Cobra biocell PRO px 6.5
txxx burner 2.0 13.5 UST Attas 80x
txxx burner 2.0 18.5 ahina 80x
callaway  quad dot V protos 4-P ctaper X
raw txxx xft 51, xft 55/60
odyssey ti-hot 1
WITB Link

#28 lbhitter

lbhitter

BadaPing

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2346
  • Ebay ID:LBHITTER
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Thanks to Taylormade Golf for this wonderful opportunity.

I am a great candidate for a set of RocketBladez because I could use the extra distance, accuracy, and feel.  My handicap is an 8, but I struggle to get the ball high enough in the air, especially with the long irons.  These irons seem perfect to help me launch the ball higher, and who doesn't want more distance!!  I have been a Ping fan boy for years, but have a secret desire to be sucked into the dark side.  This is your opportunity to win me over TaylorMade!

LB

Edited by lbhitter, 12 November 2012 - 06:41 PM.

Ping G25 Diamana Blue
Ping G25 3w Diamana Blue
Callaway Steelhead 5w
Ping i25 Steelfiber
Ping Ketsch
Tour Gorge 50, 56  Eye2 60 / DGS200

#29 jingramgbr

jingramgbr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115716

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Well, a couple reasons, 1.) I've never been fitted for clubs before.  Just been buying used clubs off the rack and playing.  The only way I know I can get better is to have fitted clubs and my goal is to be able to break 80!  2.)  My irons are 4 years old!  Getting the proper irons for my swing and my game will help me improve greatly .  I can already play in the high to mid 80's if I get properly fit and some good irons in my bag, I'm confident I can start to break 80!

#30 boomchoo

boomchoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73141
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Please consider me.  Custom fitting for TM's cutting edge technology in all areas of this wonderful sport is an unbelievable opportunity by itself. Properly fit equipment throughout the bag would be a great first step towards continued improvement.  Adding in the opportunity to play in a pro am puts this over the top as the greatest giveaway ever.  Beyond that for me, Greg Norman has always been my favorite player.  Thank you for this contest!

Mike

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors