Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Looking for suggestions for a 3 generation trip??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rogera13

rogera13

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204391
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

My father is 68, plays 3 to 4 times a week. My son, 17 plays 5 to 7 times a week including High School golf team an Junior tourneys. I'm 42 and play 1-2 times a week. Looking to have a 3 generation golf outing next summer. 5 days to a week. Night life not a big deal. Would prefer to play somewhere with some credentials (hosted a large or major tourny). Trying to decide the best game plan. PA and NY traveling around some or like a Pinehurst with multiple courses in one. We're in Florida so eastern seaboard would be driveable anything west would need to fly probally be limited to one stop with multiple courses. Really like to hear some oppinions.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Arizonalefty59

Arizonalefty59

Major Winner

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130198
GolfWRX Likes : 774

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

Myrtle Beach.

#3 teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Official GolfWRX Curmudgeon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39565
GolfWRX Likes : 753

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

I can't imagine anything greater than a 3-generation trip to Bandon.  This would assume your dad is healthy and up to the task of walking.

#4 James_Par

James_Par

James_Par

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 211807
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Not a fan of Myrtle Beach. Kiawah Island is brilliant. There are plenty of courses up at Sawgrass too if you want to stay in Florida. Also PGA National on the east coast. Innisbrook on the west coast. If you would prefer to play in a different state, your best bet is Pinehurst, Kiawah or PGA West in Palm Springs, CA!

Hope this helps.

JT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors