Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Older Golfers telling off Younger Golfers?

60 replies to this topic

#1 pinhigh27

pinhigh27

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,189 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73898
GolfWRX Likes : 578

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Whats the deal behind this? Let me just preface this thread by saying, I'm 19 years old. I'm the type of person that pulls and picks back up every single pin, will shake your hand and look you in the eyes and say hello I'm pinhigh27. I love golf. I've played since I was 13. I have played in at least 50 tournaments before, so I know all about not stepping in your through line(gasp!) and any other etiquette necessity one could consider standard. I'm a scratch golfer. I don't think I'm the greatest. I'm humble, I know my game has gotten worse from college and don't complain when I play. None of this is to brag, just to establish who I am and how I get treated for that. I've never had a round with someone that didn't say it was an absolute pleasure to meet and play with me and thanks etc. I'm not out there goofing around. I don't have long hair, piercings, tattoos, and I wear a nice shirt tucked in every time I play.

Today, I was playing at a course taking advantage of the lovely weather we have been having. The course was backed up, and I eventually played through a few groups and joined two older gentleman. They were both nice and a pleasure to play with. We finished the 9, and decided to skip 10 and move onto 11. There was a group on 10 tee and 10 fairway. We asked both groups if it was alright, and they both gave us the go ahead. This is something I would never suggest, as I don't think it's my place at 19 years old to be zooming around the golf course skipping around. But the guys with me wanted to get going. So we proceed to 11 tee and hit our tee shots. I was the last one to hit in the fairway, and when I go to hit my ball, the group that was on 10 fairway that we passed(and had permission to do so) screamed at me 3 sets of obscenities and to get out of their way. As I said before, I've played a lot of golf. I know how long it takes people to play half a hole. It couldn't have been 2 minutes since we passed them on 10 fairway. So i apologize and get out of their way. Fast forward to the end of the round. I do some putting and then go to return the cart. The same women are there and she comes over and says "excuse me, you should know not to cut in front of ladies that play in 4 leagues, watch out" in front of the maybe 10-20 people that are just hanging out outside enjoying the nice weather and bsing about their rounds.

At this point, I just said,"alright sorry, wont happen again." But seriously. You told the other guys in my group we can play through, but I get chewed out? People say golf is dying because young kid don't pick it up, so why would the elders of the game look for any reason to freak out on the younger players? To summarize the first paragraph, I feel like I'm a very model golfer, I respect the game and advocate it well. So I don't take to it very kindly when someone who gave me permission to do something then proceeds to shred me for no apparent reason. Power trip much? And when I say older I don't mean 60-65. These women were 45 at the oldest.

Why do older golfers have this chip on their shoulder, that they need to treat by attacking younger golfers? I can almost guarantee I do more for promoting golf than those women, so why am I the one with the short end? It's no wonder golf has the negative connotation of being snobby.
Edit: Why does the amount of leagues she is a member of matter? Is she trying to impress me with how often she plays?

Cliffs
Not a bad guy
Ladies give permission to pass them
Scream profanities and threaten me
Then embarrass in front of group of people
OP - :stink: :stop:

Edited by pinhigh27, 11 November 2012 - 08:13 PM.

How to be in better shape for golf?
Become a better athlete.
Don't worry about golf specific.
Compound lifts w/ linear progress
Don't forget the mobility work.
More results, more functional

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Official GolfWRX Curmudgeon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39565
GolfWRX Likes : 753

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Just wondering what about the exchange made it an old vs. young thing?

#3 59Mr.59

59Mr.59

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121015
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Some people just don't get "it". I understand as I am young and have had things similar happen to me, but you just gotta keep chuggin' and forget about it. Don't let some Negative Nancies get you down, be respectful to your elders always. There are just people out there that have to be on someones case about something, otherwise they feel they aren't doing enough in the world.

#4 pinhigh27

pinhigh27

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,189 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

View Postteejaywhy, on 11 November 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

Just wondering what about the exchange made it an old vs. young thing?

Well they had every opportunity in the world to complain to the 2 other guys I was playing with that were both around 55 I'd say, yet didn't say a word to them. I can't think of any other reason, especially when the guys with me were the ones calling the shots and asking them if we could move up.
Become a better athlete.

#5 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

The Hans Gruber

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,766 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 5460

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

You can't generalize as young versus old though. Some people are jerks whether they are 55 or 20. I've seen enough of both. Play the game long enough, especially as a single a lot, and you meet great people of all ages aswell

Cobra Bio Cell+ 8.5 w/Ozik Red Tie
Cobra Bio Cell 13 w/PXV
Callaway Xhot Pro 16 w/PXV
Mizuno JPX825 wS300
Mizuno MPr-12 56 and 60 / Spinner
Odyssey Tank #7

#6 Llortamaisey

Llortamaisey

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,907 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11574
GolfWRX Likes : 700

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

They probably complained about it being cold too. It's not cold, they're just dying.

#7 Soloman

Soloman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184060
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Taking giant leaps from a single incident and person to wholesale generalization makes you appear to be oversensitive. The entire tone doesn't sit well, either. It sounds like an embellished story...

You friend,
An Older Golfer

#8 TheMackDaddy

TheMackDaddy

Butyraceous

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128677
  • Ebay ID:capebretoner
GolfWRX Likes : 803

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

View PostMtlJeff, on 11 November 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

You can't generalize as young versus old though. Some people are jerks whether they are 55 or 20. I've seen enough of both. Play the game long enough, especially as a single a lot, and you meet great people of all ages aswell
Amen. I have "freinds" who  are jerks and I have met a lot of adults who lack class and respect as well.

#9 pinhigh27

pinhigh27

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,189 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostSoloman, on 11 November 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

Taking giant leaps from a single incident and person to wholesale generalization makes you appear to be oversensitive. The entire tone doesn't sit well, either. It sounds like an embellished story...

You friend,
An Older Golfer

If anything I underdid it. How would you feel if you were singled out? And there are occurances all the time of older people looking down on younger players. You guys act like this is the first time. I've heard about this many times in the past. It's happened to me before too, just not at this level. I've never experienced someone with the nerve to sit there and curse at me. If I did that to them, I'd be kicked off the course I bet.
Become a better athlete.

#10 KYMAR

KYMAR

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,947 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99014
GolfWRX Likes : 2492

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

But his point is that there were 3 in his group, 2 were older and had no issues with these blue hairs who got all bent out of shape when he was within ear shot, but not the other 2. What other than age would you feel was the distinction they were making? Even if was just a subconscious thing for these, um, "ladies". The OP was less intimidating and an easy target for their anger.

OP no worries, you handled yourself fine and didn't do anything wrong having gotten permission to play around them.

RAZR Fit Xtreme 10.5 with 7M3 S
Maltby KE4-ST-F, Razr fit, MP650???
Adams Super Hybrid 17*  Program 7.1 S
Adams A12 Pro KBS Tour 4-GW
Adams Pugliellii 56 and 60 DG spinners
TM Daddy Long Legs 38'

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 flip flappy

flip flappy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137925
GolfWRX Likes : 66

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Yeah I think they took it out on you because you were the young one in the group. If they agreed to let your group through, they didn't have a leg to stand on in confronting you.
Titleist 910 D2 10.5
Cobra Baffler T Rail 3 wood
MP 62's
Mizuno MP T11 56
Callaway X2 Hot 19*
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 PP Mid Slant

#12 golfnut5438

golfnut5438

Aces Up

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,312 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39280
  • Ebay ID:golfnut5438
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

Here's another example of how golf mirrors life in general, and you will find as you continue to grow you'll meet and experience good and bad, both young and old, crabby, nice and rude.  And believe it or not, most of the time the other person does not know your background, nor do they care.  They are all about themselves and only want to try and bring you down to their level.  Hopefully you will learn that the best way to proceed when things like this happen is to know that the others have an issue, not you, and just move on.  Nothing is worth the time or aggravation of worrying about what they said to you, or who it was in front of.  I can guarantee they've done it before and will do it again, to both younger and older golfers.  And guess what, they probably don't even remember what you look like now because they have moved on too.

Best of luck and just let it go.  Life is too short to worry about others intentions or issues that they are burdened with anyway.

#13 Sean2

Sean2

Wait...what?

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 4664

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

I play a lot of golf as a soloist. I've never seen "older" golfers telling off "younger" golfers. I've seen quite a few rude people, but rudeness knows no age or gender.
Hey...be nice.

#14 Snufles

Snufles

Hugz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114858
GolfWRX Likes : 367

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

View Postpinhigh27, on 11 November 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

Whats the deal behind this? Let me just preface this thread by saying, I'm 19 years old. I'm the type of person that pulls and picks back up every single pin, will shake your hand and look you in the eyes and say hello I'm pinhigh27. I love golf. I've played since I was 13. I have played in at least 50 tournaments before, so I know all about not stepping in your through line(gasp!) and any other etiquette necessity one could consider standard. I'm a scratch golfer. I don't think I'm the greatest. I'm humble, I know my game has gotten worse from college and don't complain when I play. None of this is to brag, just to establish who I am and how I get treated for that. I've never had a round with someone that didn't say it was an absolute pleasure to meet and play with me and thanks etc. I'm not out there goofing around. I don't have long hair, piercings, tattoos, and I wear a nice shirt tucked in every time I play.

Today, I was playing at a course taking advantage of the lovely weather we have been having. The course was backed up, and I eventually played through a few groups and joined two older gentleman. They were both nice and a pleasure to play with. We finished the 9, and decided to skip 10 and move onto 11. There was a group on 10 tee and 10 fairway. We asked both groups if it was alright, and they both gave us the go ahead. This is something I would never suggest, as I don't think it's my place at 19 years old to be zooming around the golf course skipping around. But the guys with me wanted to get going. So we proceed to 11 tee and hit our tee shots. I was the last one to hit in the fairway, and when I go to hit my ball, the group that was on 10 fairway that we passed(and had permission to do so) screamed at me 3 sets of obscenities and to get out of their way. As I said before, I've played a lot of golf. I know how long it takes people to play half a hole. It couldn't have been 2 minutes since we passed them on 10 fairway. So i apologize and get out of their way. Fast forward to the end of the round. I do some putting and then go to return the cart. The same women are there and she comes over and says "excuse me, you should know not to cut in front of ladies that play in 4 leagues, watch out" in front of the maybe 10-20 people that are just hanging out outside enjoying the nice weather and bsing about their rounds.

At this point, I just said,"alright sorry, wont happen again." But seriously. You told the other guys in my group we can play through, but I get chewed out? People say golf is dying because young kid don't pick it up, so why would the elders of the game look for any reason to freak out on the younger players? To summarize the first paragraph, I feel like I'm a very model golfer, I respect the game and advocate it well. So I don't take to it very kindly when someone who gave me permission to do something then proceeds to shred me for no apparent reason. Power trip much? And when I say older I don't mean 60-65. These women were 45 at the oldest.

Why do older golfers have this chip on their shoulder, that they need to treat by attacking younger golfers? I can almost guarantee I do more for promoting golf than those women, so why am I the one with the short end? It's no wonder golf has the negative connotation of being snobby.
Edit: Why does the amount of leagues she is a member of matter? Is she trying to impress me with how often she plays?

Cliffs
Not a bad guy

Stuff like that doesn't just happen on a golf course, so relax.

#15 OUZO Power

OUZO Power

#CallaWRX2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207419
GolfWRX Likes : 619

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

You sure she waived you guys threw and she didn't flip you the bird?

Just kidding. Don't stress out. Just found a bad golfer.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 9.0
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
Wedge: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Chrome 60
Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT

#16 murph9095

murph9095

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132201
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

dude this happens to me ALL the time. I am 16 years old same as you lots of respect for people I'm a pretty good golfer. At most courses I go to the ranger asks me what tees i will play I say the backs and he says your crazy you should play from the whites I am a 1 handicap. That doesn't aggravate me as much as one time I was at a demo day an old person was the rep. I asked him if I could hit some of his clubs and he said no. Than 2 seconds later my dad goes up and asks and he says yes and helps my dad out. From now on I will REFUSE to use that brand. Last week I was playing golf and got paired up with an older man about 45 and he was very rude and snobby telling the people who worked there he would refuse to play with a kid. Its getting to the point where it is a bit ridiculous people need to respect kids

#17 360_CS

360_CS

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83083
GolfWRX Likes : 230

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

Agree about how just some people are jerks, not always old. I have played with a few older men and they are great. I think they have to realise that the younger people haven't been playing the game as long as they have so they don't know everything.

Saw these to guys playing and this kid (about 12-13yrs) was on their fairway and they started screaming at him and telling him to get the f*** off their fairway. I know the kid was in the wrong but he is just a beginner and probably didn't know what fairway it was and what tee belonged to it. The older guys could of been much more polite.

When I was first a member and playing an older guy went crazy at us about not carrying a sandbucket. We had no idea that we had to (we were replacing our divots) and instead of him saying "oh, you need a sandbucket there are some over there" he ends
having a nut.  Funny thing is that many people don't carry sandbuckets and they don't get told off.

I will end on a positive. Was practicing my swing in a window one time, using it as a mirror, two guys walk past and one said "it's nice to have all these juniors taking up the game." So some people are just nicer than others.

#18 SketchyBFC

SketchyBFC

Code Monkey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 198832
  • Ebay ID:sketchybfc
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

Cliffs
Not a bad guy

I'd have been tempted to call her out on waving you through when she tried to embarrass you in front of all those people - you have just as much entitlement to the respect of your fellow players as mrs 4 leagues; there's no reason to stand for rudeness from people who think they're better than you or have some sense of entitlement because they do x, y or z.

#19 myspinonit

myspinonit

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162493
GolfWRX Likes : 234

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Recap: You said you had played through a couple of groups before joining the other two gents and that the course was very crowded and backed up generally. The two fellows you played with were anxious to get going and asked the group ahead to play through, some or all of that group was women.  Later the same group shouted obscenities and later one of the women told you loudly and publicly to watch out  cutting ahead of lady league members.

The obscenities etc were completely rude. But it sounds to me that they felt that they were feeling pressured to let your group play through, and either didn't fully agree or resented it after the fact.
Were they holding  up play, or were they just muddling along, and feeling frustrated too at pace of play on that "backed up"  slow day on a crowded course? If the latter, what made the two guys you joined think it was their god-given right to just play through as they wanted to get on with it?

Not excusing the behavior, but some women will be sensitive if feeling  accused of slow play, as women golfers do get that a lot. Sometimes they do play slow, sometimes they play faster than men. I've seen both.

Is it possible that she did "single" you out (pun intended) as they saw you playing through other groups as a single earlier and got the impression that you were trying to bulldoze your way around the course? In Scotland I understand that it is (or at least was in the 1980's when I was advised of it) the etiquette that a single has no status on the course, and has to let any other groups of more than one player through!

So my overall hit is that the woman was out of line in comments, possibly the guys you played with were way too pushy and maybe didn't get full agreement.

And that you are trying to do all the right things, as indicated by your post, but perhaps need to be considerate that as a single on the course that that is your lot on the course unless someone asks you to play through.

And when not a single, don't get caught up with pressuring playing through other groups unless they ask you to do so, or unless they are really falling behind and your group politely asks for and gets clear agreement to do so.

For this one, you were between a rock and a hard place with the (impatient) two guys you joined, and obviously there was a communication mistep that wasn't your fault.

Edited by myspinonit, 12 November 2012 - 10:29 AM.

Ping G25 10.5* Stock TFC 189D
Ping G25 16.5* Stock TFC 189F
G20 20* 23* 27* Harrison Impulse TR90
Miura Reg PP9003 6-PW Steelfiber i70
Vokey 51/07 55/10 60/07 Steelifiber i80
Versa #7 CS

#20 myspinonit

myspinonit

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162493
GolfWRX Likes : 234

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

View PostSketchyBFC, on 12 November 2012 - 03:27 AM, said:

Cliffs
Not a bad guy

I'd have been tempted to call her out on waving you through when she tried to embarrass you in front of all those people - you have just as much entitlement to the respect of your fellow players as mrs 4 leagues; there's no reason to stand for rudeness from people who think they're better than you or have some sense of entitlement because they do x, y or z.

Seriously, Sketchy???? Yeah, "calling her out" in front of everyone and embarrassing her would have really been the way to show her and everyone else that he is a mature and polite young man. I think he handled it correctly.

Edited by myspinonit, 12 November 2012 - 10:15 AM.

Ping G25 10.5* Stock TFC 189D
Ping G25 16.5* Stock TFC 189F
G20 20* 23* 27* Harrison Impulse TR90
Miura Reg PP9003 6-PW Steelfiber i70
Vokey 51/07 55/10 60/07 Steelifiber i80
Versa #7 CS

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,224 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136468
GolfWRX Likes : 538

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

I could go on a long tangent about women golfers..... but I prefer to remain unbanned.

#22 rogolf

rogolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123050
GolfWRX Likes : 294

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

View PostKYMAR, on 11 November 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

But his point is that there were 3 in his group, 2 were older and had no issues with these blue hairs who got all bent out of shape when he was within ear shot, but not the other 2. What other than age would you feel was the distinction they were making? Even if was just a subconscious thing for these, um, "ladies". The OP was less intimidating and an easy target for their anger.

OP no worries, you handled yourself fine and didn't do anything wrong having gotten permission to play around them.

And who is it that says you need the group in front's "permission" to bypass them?

#23 RJRJRJ

RJRJRJ

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106301
GolfWRX Likes : 1170

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

look you in the eyes and say hello I'm pinhigh27.
Well theres your problem.
Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

#24 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
GolfWRX Likes : 512

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

I think you should have politely said to her, "but your group gave us the OK to play ahead of you, why are you yelling at me about it now?".  Point in out in front of everyone there that you only played ahead with the permission of her group.

No need to put up with that kind of crap, and you can handle it with dignity and repsect, the others around will notice.

But all that aside, it was one nasty lady, put it behind you and forget it, you're going to have more good people to play with than others like her.
Titleist 910D2 8.5* Diamana D+
Titleist 910F 15* GD YSQ
Titleist 910H 17* Diamana Kai'li 80
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
Putter changes constantly
Mizuno MP-R12 53 & 58

#25 theboypinoy

theboypinoy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128768
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Four leagues? Watch out!

#26 Guia

Guia

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,914 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97501
GolfWRX Likes : 502

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

I'm going open Pandora's box.  I don't think you experienced Old vs Young; I think it was Women vs Men.  
We have Women's league and I know they can be very aggressive.  For many years women were not allowed at many courses to play before 10 a.m.  They were 2nd class golfers in the eyes of male golfers.  Leagues,
and especially Women's league are very guarded of their turf.  

I have never had a run in with the Women's league but have witnessed personally some snippy attitude.  
The other day we were on a frost delay for 1 hour.  My group had the first scheduled tee time at 0830
hrs and we were called to the tee at 0930 hrs.  As we stood on the tee ready to hit 2 of the ladies
approached at said that they had the 0930 tee time and we were out of position (they were present when
the delay was announced at 0730).  I told them that we actually had the first tee time and they said
nothing to me but went and challenged the starter that they should be up and not us.

They waited until we teed off but were not happy.

#27 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

Glengoyne 21yr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Handicap:Low
GolfWRX Likes : 1084

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Cliffs
Not a bad guy

Congratulations - you sound like someone I'd enjoy playing with.  But, I think you're assuming incorrectly here.  Because someone does something that appears stupid or a contraction, actions should not be tied to age bracket.  There are mature 20 somethings, as well as 30 and 50 somethings, as well as idiots of all ages.  Its a frame of mind, not age.  That established, women screaming profanities????  That's not remotely typical, regardless of age.
SLDR TP 9.5 PX6C12 Tour Issue
SLDR TP 15* Diamana Blueboard 83
2-PW '06' X-Forged - PX6.0
Miura 53* PX6.0-E0 / 59* DGS200-E0
ProV1x & Hex Black
SC California Monterey

#28 Swingem

Swingem

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137046
GolfWRX Likes : 83

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

So if I read correctly (and I'll paraphrase), a group of women said that it was OK for you to do something, and then chewed your butt for doing it. Your 19, give it few years and you'll find out that's not unusual at all.

semi-sarcasm
TM RBZ Stage2 Tour, Matrix 7Q3
TM RBZ stg2 tour 3 hybrid. Fuji Fuel
TM RBZ Stage2 tour 4 hybrid, Fuji Fuel
TM TP 2011 MC. Nippon 950 Xflex
TM Tour Preferred 52*, 56*. XFT 60*
TM Spider Mallet

#29 GaHack1

GaHack1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43854
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Sounds to me like you handled it pretty well.. (don't feed the trolls:>).. You can play golf with me anytime..

#30 Arizonalefty59

Arizonalefty59

Major Winner

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130198
GolfWRX Likes : 774

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

I see where you're coming from man I'm the same age as you and I play a course where every single member is older than 65, and I hate every single one of them. They are always rude, drunk, loud,slow,obnoxious, and mean. They never let anyone play through and think that they own the course. Personally I take them being rude as a compliment because they hate players that can beat them and especially the ones that can give them 20 shots and still beat there a$$.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors