Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Odyssey Black Swirl

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 teekaywhy

teekaywhy

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20805
  • Ebay ID:pipedream77
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:05 PM

So I can't figure out for the life of me what makes the Prototype Black Swirl different from the retail version.  I also can't find any differences between the #2 and the #1.  Anyone care to shed some light?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Titleist04

Titleist04

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22900
  • Ebay ID:scottycameron14
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:19 PM

If you could please post pics of the retail and the proto then maybe we can help you find the difference.

#3 ringside1975

ringside1975

Fail better.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11610
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:22 PM

There was a difference in finish between the 'Black Swirl' and 'Black Series' (Prototype 'stamp' on the Black Swirl, different Nickel finish on the Black Series--tungsten section is a different shade from the body--etc.).  Not sure the differences amounted to much more than aesthetics.

The #1 is an Anser style putter, the #2 is an Anser 2 style putter.

Edited by ringside1975, 22 February 2007 - 08:24 PM.

#4 bambooluv

bambooluv

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15866
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:43 PM

View Postringside1975, on Feb 22 2007, 07:22 PM, said:

There was a difference in finish between the 'Black Swirl' and 'Black Series' (Prototype 'stamp' on the Black Swirl, different Nickel finish on the Black Series--tungsten section is a different shade from the body--etc.).  Not sure the differences amounted to much more than aesthetics.

The #1 is an Anser style putter, the #2 is an Anser 2 style putter.

AS stated, slight difference in finish, other than that the full-retail black series does not have the marking prototype on the sole. On the inside of the back of the putter the prototype has a milled logo, the retail black series is a stickered logo. Hope that helps.

Pete

#5 teekaywhy

teekaywhy

• 145 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20805
  • Ebay ID:pipedream77

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:18 PM

Thanks all!

#6 brandon nebel

brandon nebel

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121016

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

From what ive found the Black Swirl has an insert in the face and the Black Series does not. I was under the impression, and i may be wrong, but the Black Swirl prototype was just a prototype for the Black Series. It seems they changed the face though, can anyone verify this please. There is a black swirl #3 on ebay and im very interested but skeptical cause of the price. It seems to good to be true and im scared of a fake or knock off. Not sure if they exists but im sure they do. Can anyone shed some more light on these Black Swirls and what their retail value is used since i cant find many of them. My best friend has the black series #9 so i can speak first hand of the face the black series has and he absolutely loves the no insert face. Just wondering what sort of difference the swirl face makes with the insert and what type of insert it is. thanks to everybody who can help me out on this

#7 Skaffa77

Skaffa77

Dismal River. There's nothing dismal about it!

• 6,211 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23067
  • Ebay ID:Skaffa77
GolfWRX Likes : 363

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

There was no insert in the Black Swirl.   The face had a milled section in the center of the face, but it is not an insert.    Black series had the same milling.

The Black Swirl is a proto-type version of the Black Series...that's it.

#8 brandon nebel

brandon nebel

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121016

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:24 PM

View PostSkaffa77, on 24 January 2011 - 07:08 PM, said:

There was no insert in the Black Swirl.   The face had a milled section in the center of the face, but it is not an insert.    Black series had the same milling.

The Black Swirl is a proto-type version of the Black Series...that's it.

Thanks for shedding light on this for me, i was under the impression the swirl had an insert cause thats what it looks like from some photos, but im happy to hear its just a milled section of the face and not an insert. Some sites were saying it was a XG insert, but as far as the black series goes there is no milled section, my best friend has one so ive seen these in person, and the odyssey web site pics show the black series as having a uniform face across the entire face with no milled section, maybe the entire face is milles but the faces on the swirl and series look different.

#9 Skaffa77

Skaffa77

Dismal River. There's nothing dismal about it!

• 6,211 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23067
  • Ebay ID:Skaffa77
GolfWRX Likes : 363

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:27 PM

What?   Your getting your putter lines confused here.

The Black Series is carbon steel, has a milled face, but has a milled section in the middle  
The Black Swirl is carbon steel, has a milled face, but has a milled section in the middle just like the Black Series...but was a prototype model.
The Black Series i has the insert.
The Black Series Tour Design is black and is milled uniform across the face.

Link to review of Black Series:
http://puttertalk.co...-series-review/

Link to differences between Black Swirl and Black Series
http://www.golfwrx.c...ype-black-swirl-
http://puttertalk.co...php?topic=485.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors