Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

True Linkswear

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 presser34

presser34

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43696
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

I bought my first pair of Linkswear last week and could not wait to play a round in them because i have heard how great they are. I must say first that I have been wearing Ecco spikeless for about a year or so. Boy was I disappointed my heel and achilles are killing me I dont know if its the way your feet are grounded or what but they hurt. I will be back to my Eccos and stay there.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 KaTooM

KaTooM

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130992
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

What model did you get?

#3 jamie

jamie

Advanced

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2963
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

View Postpresser34, on 11 November 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

I bought my first pair of Linkswear last week and could not wait to play a round in them because i have heard how great they are. I must say first that I have been wearing Ecco spikeless for about a year or so. Boy was I disappointed my heel and achilles are killing me I dont know if its the way your feet are grounded or what but they hurt. I will be back to my Eccos and stay there.

It just means your plantar fasciitis is too tight.
PING G25 9.5*
PING TiSi Tec 14*
PING G25 Hybrid 17*
PING I25 4-U, DGX100
PING Gorge 56* WS, PING Eye2 XG 60*
Taylor Made DLL 35"

#4 statepgm

statepgm

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41205
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

When I first got my phx's one of my heel's really hurt for the first 4 or 5 rounds I played.  Then it stopped hurting.  I think it's just an adjustment period, similar to when I moved to Free's for running.  Wouldn't go back to traditional shoes in either respect.

#5 presser34

presser34

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43696
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

The tour saddle I will try them with my orthonics this time Also the elastic on the tounge of the show irrates the top of my foot.

#6 TexasAg

TexasAg

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1312
GolfWRX Likes : 65

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

View Postpresser34, on 12 November 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

The tour saddle I will try them with my orthonics this time Also the elastic on the tounge of the show irrates the top of my foot.

Sometimes I just read something and can only shake my head.  I suppose this comes with the territory.  As True starts selling products to a wider market, people will buy them without understanding what they're getting.  Trues are a "barefoot" shoe... essentially the complete opposite of wearing orthotics in traditional shoes.  

A) If you wear orthotics, your feet aren't used to walking around without support (you've basically been wearing a cast on your feet) and so no s*** your feet hurt after jumping in cold turkey to barefoot shoes.  You're working all kinds of muscles and ligaments in your feet and ankles that aren't used to doing anything.  

B) Wearing orthotics in a pair of shoes like Trues is defeating the entire purpose of the shoe.  If that's what you're going to do, you'll probably be much happier with a pair of Eccos.

Edited by TexasAg, 12 November 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#7 filler83

filler83

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30819
  • Ebay ID:filler83
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

Are you wearing the streets or the biom hybrids?

View Postpresser34, on 11 November 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

Edited by filler83, 12 November 2012 - 02:13 PM.

Ping G25 10.5*
TEE XCG 15*
Ping G25 20*
Titleist AP1 712 4-GW
PING TR Shea
Cally X-Forged 56

#8 SilverBullets

SilverBullets

BMW

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139485
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 464

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

View PostTexasAg, on 12 November 2012 - 09:30 AM, said:

View Postpresser34, on 12 November 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

Sometimes I just read something and can only shake my head.  I suppose this comes with the territory.  As True starts selling products to a wider market, people will buy them without understanding what they're getting.  Trues are a "barefoot" shoe... essentially the complete opposite of wearing orthotics in traditional shoes.  

A) If you wear orthotics, your feet aren't used to walking around without support (you've basically been wearing a cast on your feet) and so no s*** your feet hurt after jumping in cold turkey to barefoot shoes.  You're working all kinds of muscles and ligaments in your feet and ankles that aren't used to doing anything.  

B) Wearing orthotics in a pair of shoes like Trues is defeating the entire purpose of the shoe.  If that's what you're going to do, you'll probably be much happier with a pair of Eccos.

Coming from a barefoot style shoe wearing (Nike frees, vivobarefoots and trues), this post is spot on
XHot 10.5 Diamana S+ 62x5ct X Stiff
Titleist 910F 19*
Titleist 712 AP2 TT S400
Titleist Vokey 200 Series 48*
Titleist Vokey SM 54*/58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - CS

#9 presser34

presser34

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts