Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

anyone take their own cart cover to the course?


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TNReb

TNReb

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 206233
  • Joined: 10/08/2012
  • Location:Tennessee
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

Does anyone take their own cart cover to the course and put it on the cart when they play in the winter?

How much trouble is it?  Any particular brand/model I should look at?


I wish I could get my own golf cart, but that isn't feasible any time soon.  Especially with a motorcycle sitting in the garage that I'm paying for but never ride!  

I live less than a quarter of a mile from our club house... I run out for 9 holes here and there during the week, and manage to squeeze in 18 pretty much every weekend.  I'm going to get one of the Coleman heaters this year.. hopefully that will help a little.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1

#2 jwfgolfpro

jwfgolfpro

    jwfgolfpro

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13051
  • Joined: 03/05/2006
  • Ebay ID:jwfgolfpro
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

View PostTNReb, on 11 November 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

Does anyone take their own cart cover to the course and put it on the cart when they play in the winter?

How much trouble is it?  Any particular brand/model I should look at?


I wish I could get my own golf cart, but that isn't feasible any time soon.  Especially with a motorcycle sitting in the garage that I'm paying for but never ride!  

I live less than a quarter of a mile from our club house... I run out for 9 holes here and there during the week, and manage to squeeze in 18 pretty much every weekend.  I'm going to get one of the Coleman heaters this year.. hopefully that will help a little.

Tons of goflers have these at my facility.

http://www.hornungs....uggy-Cover.html

JWF
Taylormade M1 12* Driver
Taylormade M2 3-HL Fairway
Taylormade M1 #3 Rescue- Bent Flat
M2 Tour Irons 4-AW
Tour Preferred 54* and 60* Wide Sole
Toulon Design Putter 67/100 Madison MR

2

#3 ladahl

ladahl

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,380 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119561
  • Joined: 12/29/2010
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 724

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

I do.

I have my cover and little coleman heater in my trunk at all times this time of year.. less than 2 minutes to take on/off.
Callaway Sub Zero AD GP-7X Black

Callaway Alpha 816 14* +2N Veylix Rome 888

Callaway Big Bertha #3 +2N Veylix Rome 988 "Wildeye"

Titleist 716 T-MB 4 iron Graphite Design Tour AD UT 95

Titleist 716 T-MB 5-W TT DG TI AMT X100 SS 1X +1/2" 1* up

Titleist SM6 Raw 54S/58M TT DG TI S400 +1/2" 1* up

Edel "The Brick"

Titleist Pro V1x


WITB Link

3

#4 ironmikes

ironmikes

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43602
  • Joined: 12/09/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

those looks pretty cool. how much do the covers run ? also curious as to if you use the propane heater just to warm you hands ? thanks

Edited by ironmikes, 11 November 2012 - 01:12 PM.


4

#5 ladahl

ladahl

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,380 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119561
  • Joined: 12/29/2010
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 724

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

http://www.golfsmith...golf-cart-cover

I'm on my third season in MN with this one.... Almost "disposible" price on it now.

Callaway Sub Zero AD GP-7X Black

Callaway Alpha 816 14* +2N Veylix Rome 888

Callaway Big Bertha #3 +2N Veylix Rome 988 "Wildeye"

Titleist 716 T-MB 4 iron Graphite Design Tour AD UT 95

Titleist 716 T-MB 5-W TT DG TI AMT X100 SS 1X +1/2" 1* up

Titleist SM6 Raw 54S/58M TT DG TI S400 +1/2" 1* up

Edel "The Brick"

Titleist Pro V1x


WITB Link

5

#6 ironmikes

ironmikes

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43602
  • Joined: 12/09/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

View Postladahl, on 11 November 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

http://www.golfsmith...golf-cart-cover

I'm on my third season in MN with this one.... Almost "disposible" price on it now.


Thanks for the heads up on the price.  how easy is it for you to install by yourself ?

Edited by ironmikes, 11 November 2012 - 01:25 PM.


6

#7 ladahl

ladahl

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,380 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119561
  • Joined: 12/29/2010
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 724

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

View Postironmikes, on 11 November 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

View Postladahl, on 11 November 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

http://www.golfsmith...golf-cart-cover

I'm on my third season in MN with this one.... Almost "disposible" price on it now.


Thanks for the heads up on the price.  how easy is it for you to install by yourself ?

easy... literally a couple minutes.  After thr round I fold it up and put into a tote in my trunk.
If it's wet, I will hang it up in the garage when I get home...

I use a heater inside, so it helps smooth out all the wrinkles.. (not the best vision), but I'm warm and toasty.  Needless to say, everyone want to pair-up with me  :)
Callaway Sub Zero AD GP-7X Black

Callaway Alpha 816 14* +2N Veylix Rome 888

Callaway Big Bertha #3 +2N Veylix Rome 988 "Wildeye"

Titleist 716 T-MB 4 iron Graphite Design Tour AD UT 95

Titleist 716 T-MB 5-W TT DG TI AMT X100 SS 1X +1/2" 1* up

Titleist SM6 Raw 54S/58M TT DG TI S400 +1/2" 1* up

Edel "The Brick"

Titleist Pro V1x


WITB Link

7

#8 ironmikes

ironmikes

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43602
  • Joined: 12/09/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

View Postladahl, on 11 November 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

View Postironmikes, on 11 November 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

View Postladahl, on 11 November 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

http://www.golfsmith...golf-cart-cover

I'm on my third season in MN with this one.... Almost "disposible" price on it now.


Thanks for the heads up on the price.  how easy is it for you to install by yourself ?

easy... literally a couple minutes.  After thr round I fold it up and put into a tote in my trunk.
If it's wet, I will hang it up in the garage when I get home...

I use a heater inside, so it helps smooth out all the wrinkles.. (not the best vision), but I'm warm and toasty.  Needless to say, everyone want to pair-up with me  :)


sounds really good ! thanks for taking the time to share your experience with me .

8

#9 ladahl

ladahl

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,380 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119561
  • Joined: 12/29/2010
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 724

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

No problem.. It's really extended my season on each end of winter.
Callaway Sub Zero AD GP-7X Black

Callaway Alpha 816 14* +2N Veylix Rome 888

Callaway Big Bertha #3 +2N Veylix Rome 988 "Wildeye"

Titleist 716 T-MB 4 iron Graphite Design Tour AD UT 95

Titleist 716 T-MB 5-W TT DG TI AMT X100 SS 1X +1/2" 1* up

Titleist SM6 Raw 54S/58M TT DG TI S400 +1/2" 1* up

Edel "The Brick"

Titleist Pro V1x


WITB Link

9

#10 PZero

PZero

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,846 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129810
  • Joined: 05/30/2011
  • Location:Ohio
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 5565

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

I got one last season. If you play in cold weather, it's a must have. It takes just a few minutes to put on and take off.

R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
Titleist 913F 15°
TM R9 19°
Titleist 712 AP2 4, 6-GW
Vokey 50°, TVD 56°, SM5 60°
Studio Select Newport

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

10

#11 BuckeyePaul01

BuckeyePaul01

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193212
  • Joined: 07/18/2012
  • Location:Kansas City Area
  • Handicap:3.1
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Cart covers are great.....

For me, a heater isn't even necessary.  Once I get out of the wind....that's usually enough.

11



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors