Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Puma golf shirts - no love

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jeffc

jeffc

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24100
  • Ebay ID:goho
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

I really like the look of the Puma golf shirts, well the solid color ones, not so crazy about some of the others. I have tried on several and just can't seem to get any that fit properly. I even tried their tech polo and the medium fits well in the torso but is too small in the shoulders/chest. The Larger is better up top but is a tent through the torso. To contrast, I wear a L in Travis Mathew and it fits awesome for the most part. I wear a 40-42 jacket and a 34-35 waist and am not skinny or muscular. Solid is how i would describe myself.

anyone else with the same problem?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 longbal30

longbal30

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,046 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41632
  • Ebay ID:longbal30
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

I agree, I like the general style associated with Puma. I think they would do well with a more tailored fit like Adidas is doing with some of their lines. Have you ever seen department stores that have the shirts on the manequin's, look at the back of the shirt, they always have them pinned together so they fit the waist nice and tight. I have a athletic body type, and always have to buy XL shirts to accomodate my shoulders, in some brands and styles, that leaves the waist section looking like a deflated balloon. My biggest issue with Puma is the material that they use. I much prefer the Adidas or Nike Dri Fit material.

Edited by longbal30, 11 November 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#3 jeffc

jeffc

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

It's funny though as they cater to a younger crowd. I could wear a med in some Travis mathew shirts but mostly lg. going from med to lg in puma is like going up 2 sizes

#4 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

***Twirl of Doom***

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,141 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
GolfWRX Likes : 1149

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

I wear Puma and I absolutely love the colors, styles and fit.  Certain shirts have different cuts and fits from Puma, it's all about finding one that is right for you if you troy love the brand.  Adidas, TM are great shirts too so you will not go wrong with any of them!

#5 G N R

G N R

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128428
GolfWRX Likes : 83

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

I agree with the Puma sizing.  It's all over the shop.  I wear a medium in the shirts but a large in the jumpers/zip-ups.  No real consistency.  The styling is great but they need to work on their fits some more.

#6 prsgtrman

prsgtrman

prsgtrman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 178754
GolfWRX Likes : 56

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

thats a shame they dont fit better. i have a few of their shirts and like them alot. actually they are my favorite shirts and their shorts are nice too.

#7 jeffc

jeffc

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

ya it is since they have a lot of nice shirts and I really, really want to buy some but everytime I try them on, its the same thing,

#8 Russ757

Russ757

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52489
GolfWRX Likes : 265

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

biggest thing for me is I havent, or havent yet, found them on sale ever. I never buy anything thats not on sale. ... except that dang Wii U... freaking kids
Bio Cell Kiyoshi White
3446 Oban Devotion, 9033 Oban Revenge
Cobra Bio Cell 19* Kiyoshi White
Srixon Z-TX2 5-PW Nippon SPB
Kirk Currie KC II
588 RTX CB Raw 52*/56*/60* Nippon SPB
WITB Link

#9 Bogeyman82

Bogeyman82

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32253
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Puma shirts have ridiculously tight sleeves.

#10 Fish-N-Chips

Fish-N-Chips

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137988
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

View Postjeffc, on 11 November 2012 - 09:02 AM, said:

I really like the look of the Puma golf shirts, well the solid color ones, not so crazy about some of the others. I have tried on several and just can't seem to get any that fit properly. I even tried their tech polo and the medium fits well in the torso but is too small in the shoulders/chest. The Larger is better up top but is a tent through the torso. To contrast, I wear a L in Travis Mathew and it fits awesome for the most part. I wear a 40-42 jacket and a 34-35 waist and am not skinny or muscular. Solid is how i would describe myself.

anyone else with the same problem?

I literally have the same problem you do, but I think I'm a little taller. I wear a 42 L in jackets typically, 33-34 in waist. Mediums are too tight on the shoulders and too short. Larges are tents but are long enough.

Cobra Amp Cell 9.5 Tour AD-DI 6s
Nike Covert Tour 17* Wood
Nike VRS Forged 3-AW Nippon 950
Cobra Tour Trusty 56* & 60*
Nike Method 004

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 PrO_D_BoMbEr

PrO_D_BoMbEr

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28867
  • Ebay ID:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

Went from Adidas to Puma and prefer the fit of the puma stuff greatly over the adidas.  The shorts kind of run randomly where the plaid are cut a little different than the solid shorts.  Same with the shirts, but nothing too bad.

Don't like the fit of their coats tho as they seem to be too tight in the shoulders and good in the body, like the light long sleeve shirts for jackets if needed.  Anything heavier needed than that just throw on some under armour.

New Puma stuff coming out looks good but don't like their new shoes have seen so far.....whats wrong with the limiteds they had before?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors