Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

AIR CANNON!!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

BIG K

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,408 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
GolfWRX Likes : 1122

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

I played in a four man scramble today. We arrived to the 14th Tee Box (par 4) to be greeted by "Mike" who was running a charity game. $40.00 a team and each one of you get to use the air cannon for your tee shot. Closest to the pin wins a set of Callaway Irons. The ball does not have to be on the green to win. Then after you all "Tee off" you mark any ball that is closest and pick up. On the green they had a 15' putt that you could make for Eagle.

This was the first I have ever seen anything like this, and you have to do it because you know every team is going to pay to putt for eagle on a tough par four. We did make eagle and we won with a 17 under! They had another hole that had a different game to try and win a prize and then putt for eagle. On the Day we made four eagles two that were the 15 footers from the game and one that we chipped in and another that we sank a 7 footer.

We each won a Cleveland Classic Driver for taking first. Mine is on the BST already ;)

Here is a shot of me launching my ball.

Attached Files

• Attached File  kjh.jpg   19.08K   29 downloads

Edited by Kadin 25, 10 November 2012 - 11:04 PM.

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
Editor Product Reviews
Product Tester/Review Panel
Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
See ya on the green...Kadin

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 MinnesotaGolfer

MinnesotaGolfer

Vengeance Falls

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 190772
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

Awesome! I was wanting to make one to launch golf balls, sort've like a potato cannon, but I was too worried about the golf ball just getting plugged and having it blow up in my face.
Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5*
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*
Callaway RAZR Fit 18*
Adams A7 5-PW
Ping Tour S 52,56,60
Odyssey Versa #7

#3 Shambles

Shambles

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105681
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

View PostMinnesotaGolfer, on 11 November 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

Awesome! I was wanting to make one to launch golf balls, sort've like a potato cannon, but I was too worried about the golf ball just getting plugged and having it blow up in my face.

Now that you mention it, those spud guns were kind of fun back in the day. So were the water jet rockets.

Shambles

#4 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

In this world not of it

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66402
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:cobicreations
GolfWRX Likes : 159

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

Cool stuff. So how long was that cannonized tee shot
anyway?

#5 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

BIG K

• 5,408 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

View PostConrad1953, on 11 November 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

anyway?
Over 300 yards lol!

Editor Product Reviews

#6 hogans71

hogans71

Ain't no change in the weather, ain't no changes in me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,069 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45116
  • Ebay ID:mauione69
GolfWRX Likes : 961

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

View PostKadin 25, on 11 November 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

View PostConrad1953, on 11 November 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

anyway?
Over 300 yards lol!

That's freaking fantastic- damn, I want one!

#7 KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 161101
GolfWRX Likes : 449

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

That looks cool! Great fund raising idea as well.

#8 Body_Visions

Body_Visions

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25501
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Be sure you hit the club

View PostKadin 25, on 10 November 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

I played in a four man scramble today. We arrived to the 14th Tee Box (par 4) to be greeted by "Mike" who was running a charity game. $40.00 a team and each one of you get to use the air cannon for your tee shot. Closest to the pin wins a set of Callaway Irons. The ball does not have to be on the green to win. Then after you all "Tee off" you mark any ball that is closest and pick up. On the green they had a 15' putt that you could make for Eagle.

This was the first I have ever seen anything like this, and you have to do it because you know every team is going to pay to putt for eagle on a tough par four. We did make eagle and we won with a 17 under! They had another hole that had a different game to try and win a prize and then putt for eagle. On the Day we made four eagles two that were the 15 footers from the game and one that we chipped in and another that we sank a 7 footer.

We each won a Cleveland Classic Driver for taking first. Mine is on the BST already ;)

Make sure to hit it once so your ad doesn't get pulled.  And be ready for some grief for selling a prize.

#9 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

BIG K

• 5,408 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostBody_Visions, on 11 November 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

Be sure you hit the club

View PostKadin 25, on 10 November 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

Make sure to hit it once so your ad doesn't get pulled.  And be ready for some grief for selling a prize.
You cant sell new un used gear? And I could see catching grief if I won this on Golfwrx, but this was from a scramble tournament that was not set up as a fund raiser just that air cannon hole, that was completely separate from the course and tournament.  Trust me I wish it was a cash prize but I guess this was an easy way for the pro shop to move some old inventory.
Editor Product Reviews

#10 Sean2

Sean2

Wait...what?

• 15,575 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 2886

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

Looks like a lot of fun!

You can't divide the swing,
into parts,
and still have a swing.
Ernest Jones

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 Oilman83

Oilman83

Im not a playa I just crush alot!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128118
  • Handicap:+2.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Cheaters!

#12 tider992010

tider992010

tider992010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132592
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

I'm planning a charity tourney around the theme "Duck Dynasty vs Swamp People" here in Alabama.  Where did you get the gun as we are trying to tie this tourney in with Duck hunting, would be cool.  Also, any liabilities in using this on the course?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors