Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

College golf USA international student

International college golf

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Honeybadgermax

Honeybadgermax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207801
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

I'm currently living and schooling in Spain at a British international school.

I'm looking to come to the USA in 2 years time to try and play some college golf while studying.

Could you guys please outline some good colleges to play at, in all 3 divisions.

I also believe I have to take SATS as the American unis won't accept English qualifications?

Also if you have some advice on when to start getting in contact with coaches and colleges.

Not quite sure when or where to start, so anybody's input is much appreciated.

Please include anything else I've missed or should know about this move.

Cheers.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 lilmike24

lilmike24

LEAVE your MARK !

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193038
  • Ebay ID:lilmike24
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Go to certain college websites, and find coach email. Contact them. Some respond, some don't. It depepnds on them. But honestly they want to see TOURNAMENT scores. Handicap means nothing.
Nike Vr Tour 9.5* W/ Diamana BB
Nike Covert Performance 15* W/ Stock
Adams Idea Pro 20* Hybrid
Titleist 690 CB W/ DG s300
Nike VR Pro wedges 52-58 W/ DG s400
Ping Scottsdale TR Piper C

#3 STEC

STEC

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138053
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

View Postlilmike24, on 09 November 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

Go to certain college websites, and find coach email. Contact them. Some respond, some don't. It depepnds on them. But honestly they want to see TOURNAMENT scores. Handicap means nothing.

perfect advice

#4 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,490 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 1591

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

You may already know this, but there are certain regions of the U.S. that are more conducive to practice than others due to weather. Keep it in the southern half of the country...unless you WANT to play in the snow.
Mizuno Mp 600 9.5/Diamana Blueboard 63x
Mizuno Mp 650 15/Diamana Blueboard 83x
Mizuno Mp Fli-Hi 18/DG x100
Mizuno Mp 59 3-pw/DG x100
Mizuno Mp-T4 52, 58/DG x100
Odyssey White Ice #7

#5 Sling

Sling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 178146
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

For academic requirements look up the University sites on-line, they usually have a section for International students. My eldest son, a non golfer, just took the SATs in England but he is 17 and looking to go to MIT next year, I'm not sure that all Universities in the US are so rigourous.

You don't say how good you are but other than having a handicap near or better than scratch you really do need to have some results in the major junior tournaments in Europe, go to the EGU site and look up their amateur rankings, you'll get a good idea of what tournaments there are. Remember the US colleges have thousands of very good American golfers to choose from, for you to stand out you realy need to have won one of those big tourneys or at least got close in a few.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors