Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Best Places to Play in Orlando?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Eddie

Eddie

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1526
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Going to be playing three to four rounds in Orlando next week,

So far have Lake Nona booked as one round. Not going to play Bay Hill, also thinking the Magnolia course since it is right after a tournament.

Looking for a good third/forth course to play.

Someone mentioned Bella Collina, is it worth the 45 minute drive?

Any other suggestions are appreciated!

R1 v2 TD2 Accra TourZ ST Custom
RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14.5 | Kaili70
Adams LSP 17, 9031 20, DHy 24
Ping Anser Modus3 120
Callaway MD2 52,60
JDM Odyssey Versa 330m

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 pearls24

pearls24

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13130
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

Where are you staying?  Southern Dunes is fantastic but is a little further away depending on where you are staying.  It is in Haines City which is about 20 min. from Celebration.  The Ritz course is great as is the Waldorf.  I played Bella Collina a couple of years ago.  It wasn't in great shape but the layout is pretty good- tough course from the two sets of back tees.  Not sure if I would say it was worth the drive.  We played Magnolia last year and I wasn't that impressed.  Nothing really special about the layout.  Grand Cypress is a great option too.  The New Course is cool as it is a tribute to St. Andrews.

How did you get out on Lake Nona?

Edited by pearls24, 10 November 2012 - 07:34 AM.

#3 sabram

sabram

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31296
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

Link to favorite Orlando Courses: http://golfcourses.w...orlando-fl.html

Link to photo tours of Orlando Courses: http://www.flickr.co...57631972135446/
I am in the process of  transferring the photos from my old site to this one, but should be done soon.

I still have one coupon left  for a foursome at Bella Colina good throug Dec 31. If anyone is inteersted please send PM

#4 MikeMcM

MikeMcM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 179288
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Played Bella Collina today, rates are heading north, conditions improving, but for my money Grand Cypress New or North/South or Disney's Osprey Ridge are much better, and closer to town.

#5 HitTheStick

HitTheStick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183666
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

Another vote for Osprey Ridge, although they do have some work going on around the course with the Four Seasons contruction. Was thoroughly impressed by the Waldorf Astoria Golf Club. A Rees Jones design that requires a bit of strategy - long is no good on pretty much any green. Someone mentioned Grand Cypress, and yes, it's hard to go wrong there also...

#6 MileHighClub

MileHighClub

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123991
GolfWRX Likes : 319

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

I don't understand why so many locals seem to disparage the Disney courses.  I would take Osprey or Palms over Grand Cypress and Orange County National any day.
Callaway FT-iz 9*
Ping G15 4W 17*
Taylormade 09 Rescue 19*, 22*
Ping G25 5-9, PW, UW
Cleveland CG14 54*, 58*
Odyssey Original White Hot 2 Ball

#7 moose557

moose557

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 148799
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

I live in Orlando and I really enjoy the Disney Courses, but for me there a step below Grand Cypress and Orange County National.  Thats not saying there bad, I just think Grand Cypress and OCN are the best courses in town.

#8 HitTheStick

HitTheStick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183666
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

View Postmoose557, on 16 November 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

I live in Orlando and I really enjoy the Disney Courses, but for me there a step below Grand Cypress and Orange County National.  Thats not saying there bad, I just think Grand Cypress and OCN are the best courses in town.

I think that's pretty much dead on, at least how I feel anyway. I enjoy the Disney courses, and get on at least a couple every year, but if given the choice I hit the others first...

#9 James_Par

James_Par

James_Par

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 211807
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

I am fortunate to have played in the Audi Cup at Lake Nona and it is breathtaking. My favorite public courses in Orlando would have to be Ritz-Carlton and Grand Cypress. If you are looking for a cheaper option try MetroWest or Falcons Fire.

JT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors