Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Cleveland 588 RTX CB Wedge Testing & Feedback Thread

55 replies to this topic

#1 HipCheck

HipCheck

The season to ho, ho, ho

• Marshals
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1164

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

Some GolfWRXers are being provided new Cleveland 588 RTX CB Wedges to put through their paces.  They'll post on-course experience and feedback in this thread.

Let's keep this open until the members start posting.  Thanks!

cleveland-RTX-wedge-2013-600x4061.jpg

About the 588® RTX™ CB Wedge from Cleveland Golf
588®  RTX CB wedges combine the legendary performance of the original 588® wedge with added forgiveness and breakthrough ROTEX technology – Cleveland® Golf's most advanced spin technology ever. Features include:
  • 16% Larger Grooves. Through more precise manufacturing, these U-Grooves are 16% larger than previous Tour Zip Grooves® to promote cleaner contact and maximize spin on critical scoring shots.
  • Rougher, More Durable Laser Milling. Advanced surface roughness technology is now more durable and dimensionally optimized for even more friction at impact.
  • ROTEX Face Pattern. Directionally milled face pattern adds roughness and imparts maximum spin, especially on open-face wedge shots where impact tends to be closer to the toe.
  • Wedge Cavity Back. An undercut cavity promotes perimeter weighting for more forgiveness on off-center hits.
  • Reverse C Sole. Inspired by Cleveland® Golf's popular CG14 and CG16 wedges, this wide, constant-width sole combines heel and toe grinds to improve performance from bunkers and deep rough.
588® RTX CB wedges come in eight different lofts (46°-60°) with standard bounce in both Satin Chrome and Black Pearl finishes. Minimum advertised price (MAP) is $119.99. Women’s version is available.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 GolfMonster09

GolfMonster09

PING Staffer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141937
GolfWRX Likes : 172

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

Just got back from the course and had the chance to put the 588 RTX CB through 18 holes of real world testing. I will preface my review by saying that I had my backup clubs in my bag, and as a result the RTX got a little bit more use than it would on a normal day. That being said, here we go.

Looks

The 588 RTX CB is definitely a great looking wedge. The "Black Pearl" finish is fantastic. No glare at address, and it definitely stood out in my chrome plated bag of irons. The face with all the laser milled lines is not distracting at all, and overall frames the ball extremely well. Love the overall look of the club, and got a couple compliments from my playing partners on how nice it looked. The top line is not the thinnest, but also not chunky. Overall, a 9/10 in the looks department

Full Shots

On full swings, the wedge performed admirably. I had at least 5 shots with a full wedge in my hand on the course, and every one was right on target. The sound on a well struck shot was muted but still offered a click when hit. The ball flight was very high for what I am used to, but not sure if that is the design of the head or the "wedge flex" shaft that came in it, but either way I was able to flight shots low, medium and high as needed. The spin this club put on the ball was amazing. Could not