Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Framing jerseys

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Napkin2011

Napkin2011

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 148467
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

I have a few NBA jerseys I'd like to frame - they are huge, so anything I price out is getting crazy in terms of cost.  But, of course I would like them to be done well.  Anyone use a particular site or store you can recommend who does a nice job with sports memorabilia but won't cause me to take out another mortgage?

thanks

RBZ stage 2 9.5 Diamana B Series
Ping G25 17, stock stiff
Rescue 2007 19 Excalibur 6
R11 5-PW KBS Tour
Scor 48, Vokey 52, 56
Odyssey Sabretooth 2

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 MarkCPA

MarkCPA

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63560
  • Ebay ID:mark-cpa
GolfWRX Likes : 124

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

I'm with you.  I have found that trying to frame a jersey nice and doing it right is brutal.  Just stupid expensive.  I have two game worn NHL jerseys I want to frame and put in my office, but I just cringe every time I explore this and find out the true cost.  I'll buy golf clubs, all expense spared, at the drop of a hat.  I just can't bring myself to spend more to frame a jersey than what the jersey cost me.  I've been told just to go to a hobby store, drop $100 on the basic shadowbox frame, and be done with it.
Callaway X2 Hot 9* driver
Callaway X Hot Pro 15* FW
Titleist 913H 19* & 24* hybrids
Callaway X Hot Pro irons 5 - PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 - 50*  54*  58*
Ping Karsten Anser 2 putter 33"

#3 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,878 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50335
GolfWRX Likes : 700

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

Yep find a shadow box at the local hobby lobby when they're running the 50% off special.

#4 bubbagump

bubbagump

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114646
GolfWRX Likes : 472

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Even at a Michaels or something where they always run 40-60% off it is absurd.  I brought my shadow box and US Open autographed flag and wanted it mounted with the grounds pass and a few other things and it still rang up 400 bucks.....  That was having everything and just needing it to be hung in there.  Luckily we took it to a mom and pop shop that framed stuff and she was very nice and saw that I did all the work and just gave me a new roll of that professional tape they use to mount stuff and we did it ourselves for free.

Dont know why it is insanely expensive but, if you could try it yourself..you can save alot.  But other than finding a good hookup, you might still have to shell out a few hunj, especially since its a jersey.
9* TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 7.2
14* 3w TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 7.2
19* TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 9.8
4-AW Rocketbladez tour SS PX 6.5
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport
58* , 62* Vokeys with project x
WITB Link

#5 chickenpotpie

chickenpotpie

#TeamJetSpeed

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,470 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63615
  • Handicap:8.5
GolfWRX Likes : 603

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Honestly, unless the jersey means a lot to you, I'd save your money.  I'm assuming you aren't married and don't have a serious girlfriend.  Speaking from experience, this is one of the first things to go once you settle down and move in together.  Just like those light up Corona or Bud Light signs....cool to have in a bachelor pad, and a nice item to sell for $5 in a garage sale later

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
WITB Link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors