Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Lucas Glover to TMAG

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
GolfWRX Likes : 679

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

Who is Lucas Glover?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 tembolo1284

tembolo1284

Jack still da man!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 17,027 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71802
  • Handicap:Beef
GolfWRX Likes : 1613

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

maybe he can dye the beard white....and it's easily adjustable.
Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

#33 SweetTeaGolfer

SweetTeaGolfer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48737
  • Handicap:3.4
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostJaxBeachNole, on 08 November 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

Could also be a Bridgestone signee, a lot of their guys play TM drivers and Adidas shoes. I don't see Nike "dropping" him, how often does a company fire a player? I really have no idea if that happens.

I brought this point up in another post about AK. Assumed that with all the new signings they need to dump some guys. Glover, Ames etc...
10.5* Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme Fubuki ZT
15* Adams Super LS Kuro Kage
Adams LSP 18* and 23* Aldila VS Proto
Callaway X HOT PRO 4-PW DG S300
Cleveland 588 Forged RTG 52*, 56*, 60*
34" Studio Select Newport 340g

#34 rafal

rafal

PM2TM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95401
GolfWRX Likes : 877

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Nike could probably flush all their staffers except Tiger and Rory and nobody would notice.

EDIT: Nobody outside WRX

Edited by rafal, 09 November 2012 - 08:41 PM.

TM SLDR S 12*
RBZ2 5W
Ping G25 3-LW
TM DLL 35"

#35 practicetee

practicetee

In the Galaxy....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27080
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

View Postrafal, on 09 November 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

Nike could probably flush all their staffers except Tiger and Rory and nobody would notice.

Schwartzel and Petterson have had good visibility this year along with Molinari and Dyson overseas.

Nike Covert Performance, Tour AD BB

#36 rafal

rafal

PM2TM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95401
GolfWRX Likes : 877

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

What has Schwarzel done this year?

I do agree on Pettersen as far as visibility goes ;)
TM SLDR S 12*
RBZ2 5W
Ping G25 3-LW
TM DLL 35"

#37 Snufles

Snufles

Hugz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114858
GolfWRX Likes : 241

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

View Postimakaveli, on 08 November 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

View PostShrapnac, on 08 November 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

"Guy plays unofficial round with no press and no sponsor obligation, wears stuff from his closet. News at 11."

Sheesh.

How do you know he doesn't have sponsor obligation when he plays outside tournaments?

Who knows who owns who anymore.

#38 imakaveli

imakaveli

Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1268

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

View PostSnufles, on 10 November 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

View Postimakaveli, on 08 November 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

View PostShrapnac, on 08 November 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

"Guy plays unofficial round with no press and no sponsor obligation, wears stuff from his closet. News at 11."

Sheesh.

How do you know he doesn't have sponsor obligation when he plays outside tournaments?

Who knows who owns who anymore.

As I said all the pros I saw outside tournaments were wearing sponsors, but Glover can be an exeption

#39 moonshine

moonshine

The Trace!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31690
  • Ebay ID:chasj_r1
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

North face is junk, more of the official inform of high school girls. North face used to be something years 2 decades ago, but after vanity fair bought them they when main stream street wear.  North face is looked again outdoor brand like nike is to golf. Patagonia is also headed in that direction as well.
@spitfisher-I was waiting for this kind of comment!  What to buy then?  I have a few of their older jackets...like 7 years old that still look brand new.  I also have family that are huge outdoor people...Yellowstone, Death Valley, etc., that wear Columbia!  Next time after calling stuff junk tell us what is not...please?!  Peace

#40 Vindog

Vindog

Cuddly as a cactus, charming as an eel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131959
GolfWRX Likes : 2171

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

Much the same could be said for the generic staff that is Taylor Made.   Which really only proves that staffers do not equate to sales, because TM definitely sells, even with its crappy staff.

Edited by Vindog, 10 November 2012 - 10:05 AM.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#41 Snufles

Snufles

Hugz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114858
GolfWRX Likes : 241

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

View PostLlortamaisey, on 08 November 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

View Postspitfisher, on 08 November 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

North face is junk, more of the official inform of high school girls. North face used to be something years 2 decades ago, but after vanity fair bought them they when main stream street wear.  North face is looked again outdoor brand like nike is to golf. Patagonia is also headed in that direction as well.

I hear what your saying. I didn't want to bash North Face. It's interesting and disappointing that you say that about Patagonia. What makes you think that they are losing quality?

Patagonia lost it before North Face.  There is always some new company coming out with a new logo to wear.

BTW it isn't the clothing you wear but what you do while wearing it that makes it extreme.

Edited by Snufles, 10 November 2012 - 09:01 AM.

#42 practicetee

practicetee

In the Galaxy....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

View Postrafal, on 10 November 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

What has Schwarzel done this year?

I do agree on Pettersen as far as visibility goes ;)

On the Euro Tour Schwartzel had 3 Top 10s, 9 Top 25s in 16 starts, and on the PGA Tour he had 2 Top 10s and 7 Top 25s.  Not bad for having a Major hangover...

#43 rony

rony

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14128
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

Speaking of Lucas Glover; did he lose his tour card this year?
Everything in Moderation
Keep it Simple
Less is Best
13 G10 Pings With a Redwood Zing

#44 Vindog

Vindog

• Advanced Members
  • 12,374 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

View Postrony, on 12 November 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

Speaking of Lucas Glover; did he lose his tour card this year?

he's good until at least 2014 via his '09 US Open win.  may have tacked on another year via his Quail hollow win last year.  Not sure if the wins have to be in the same year to add on exemptions like that...
shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

#45 Dayton

Dayton

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43673
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

If Glover leaves does he get to take the Nike rep with him, the one thst cost him his marriage?  Or maybe that is why Nike is willing to let him go.  Just saying.......

#46 slicktry

slicktry

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1336
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Molinari, Schwartzel, Dyson overseas, Rors and Tiger Stateside is all Nike would need IMO.  Stanley and Watney are wildcard bonuses.  Small but VERY talented stable. And VERY noticed in the distinct markets.

About the Patagonia and TNF comments....I do agree that both companies have downgraded their value due to the mass marketing and increased popularity.  And YES, the product hasn't increased in quality, just stayed level.  BUT the amount of increased competition is insane.  Even Under Armour is looking at getting into the "extreme" outerwear segment (if they havent already)....

God Bless
Jer

P.S. if you want a good winter jacket, try Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC)....just sayin'!

#47 Sooner1

Sooner1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64798
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

LG's nike contract was just probably not renewed.  Nike takes great pride in saying they have not cut any of their pros contracts, just don't renew them.  At this point a switch for LG would be good.  He needs something to spark his game.

As far as pros only playing their companys clubs when practicing at home or away from a tournament or coporate outing, I play with a few pros on a regular occasion and many of them have different companies clubs in their bag.  just played with a guy before second stage and he had 5 drivers, 3 were not from his club company.  happens all the time.  these guys are just like us, looking for more distance that goes straight

#48 R Hagan

R Hagan

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118170
  • Handicap:fore
GolfWRX Likes : 94

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

View PostMtlJeff, on 08 November 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

does TMAG offer a 5 year old square driver? If not Glover is screwed

Got that right. Guess I'm the only one left on the planet still playing that driver
Razr Fit 10.5
V-Steel 15*; MP Fli Hi 21* & 24*
MX-25 5-PW
XFT 52*, 56*, 60*
White Hot #8 Custom
True Linkswear True Tours

#49 bew54

bew54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70575
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Nike has not renewed several of their players contracts.  Lucas Glover and Stewart Cink both were not renewed

#50 practicetee

practicetee

In the Galaxy....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

I'd be shocked to see Cink gone from the Nike lineup.  He played the Covert driver at Disney, and I just don't see him switching drivers for one tournament after using the VR Tour for so long.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#51 LOVE4LPGA

LOVE4LPGA

TOUR GRADE POSTER

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 84151
GolfWRX Likes : 118

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

+ 1

NIKE Golf is the poster child for risk-to-lacking-reward of the high profile endorsement game.

With one notable exception, they cannot be happy with their tepid hard-goods % share given what they have invested in their endorsement deals.

No wonder they are seeking some intensity.

#52 spitfisher

spitfisher

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73111
GolfWRX Likes : 135

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

View Postbew54, on 18 November 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

Nike has not renewed several of their players contracts.  Lucas Glover and Stewart Cink both were not renewed

Other than lance Armstrongs contract Nike doesn't litter the air waves with canceling contracts they simple do not renew contract. They feel it can be detrimental to their brand messaging when they dump a guy. A-Rod for example when he announced he used roids, Nike simply did not renew his contract. aRod continues to wear nike without a contract.

Tigers contract is up in 3-4 years........

#53 Llortamaisey

Llortamaisey

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11574
GolfWRX Likes : 588

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

View PostSnufles, on 10 November 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

View PostLlortamaisey, on 08 November 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

View Postspitfisher, on 08 November 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

I hear what your saying. I didn't want to bash North Face. It's interesting and disappointing that you say that about Patagonia. What makes you think that they are losing quality?

Patagonia lost it before North Face.  There is always some new company coming out with a new logo to wear.

BTW it isn't the clothing you wear but what you do while wearing it that makes it extreme.

The only Patagonia stuff I ever see is when I visit their company store that's within a mile of my house. They must have different clothing in their company store because its much more performance based than the North Face stuff I see at Dick's.

#54 spitfisher

spitfisher

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73111
GolfWRX Likes : 135

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

View Postmoonshine, on 10 November 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

@spitfisher-I was waiting for this kind of comment!  What to buy then?  I have a few of their older jackets...like 7 years old that still look brand new.  I also have family that are huge outdoor people...Yellowstone, Death Valley, etc., that wear Columbia!  Next time after calling stuff junk tell us what is not...please?!  Peace

Actually if you want a couple of names of innovative, technology driven, well made out door apparel. Are you sitting down? columbia would be one of them, they have made huge wholesale changes in their performance category the past couple of years, some of the technology is home grown,  saving the consumer huge royalty fees. Gore-tex for example is a dinosaur. They Teflon laminate really hasn't changed in almost 25 years, but the marketing has! Columbia outdry membrane is lighter, far more breathable and as good or better in waterproof effectiveness, and yet  25-35% cheaper. Gore tex commands over 25% royalty fee, just to use their product and labeling. In outside magazine gear of the year award, they one the shell category with their Outdry peak 2 peak shell. Retail was $350, they were up against arctyrx, Patagonia, lafluma, marmont and others, some of which retailed for close to $550-600.
Patagonia still make great outdoor apparel, quality is still there, they are making more and more street wear and commercial products. Arctyrx is likely closer to what TNF & patagonia was 20 years ago a true outdoor brand with extreme quality, function and fit. Mountain hardwear ( owned by columbia) is another very good brand making incredible functional products for the outdoors. Thier are some new comers, RAB, and even adidas is turning it some superior product.

Take a close look at how TNf top is stitched and made, there are no curves being sewn, instead its made like a big square, with few exceptions nothing is sewn on a bias. The fit is like slipping a trash bag on. In other words they make their product, to fit the masses and not the athlete. When compared to other brands its heavier, the fabric is louder, dry to the touch and crunchy, rather than soft, subtle, quiet and light weight. They confuse the consumer with such marketing terms like "hyvent", truth be told its probably the least breathable fabric out there and it waterproof. They continue to market themselves as a mountain climber brand in their brand imaging

#55 Sooner1

Sooner1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64798
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

They had Cink hitting that driver on ON THE RANGE a couple weeks ago and they got a close up of him hitting a Bridgestone ball.  Could be he keeps the Nike woods and moves to Bridgestone irons, ball, hat and bag

#56 Vindog

Vindog

• Advanced Members
  • 12,374 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostSooner1, on 19 November 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

They had Cink hitting that driver on ON THE RANGE a couple weeks ago and they got a close up of him hitting a Bridgestone ball.  Could be he keeps the Nike woods and moves to Bridgestone irons, ball, hat and bag

Bridgestone makes Nike balls!!!   Posted Image
shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

#57 dalehead

dalehead

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33032
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Possible, but I  wouldn't jump to any conclusions based  on that evidence. Maybe they were out of Nike balls when Cink hit the range. Maybe a Bridgestone ball got mixed in the bag with Cink's Nikes's. Maybe Cink was out of balls but just wanted to hit a few more drives and borrowed some Bridgestones from the guy next to him.

#58 fairwayhunter31

fairwayhunter31

Yeah, thats us.....

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78688
  • Ebay ID:golf.stuff.2k10
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

Saw the same pics and my first thought was... GOOD FOR HIM! Nothing against Nike, but with the new crop of players changing to the Swoosh net season, it makes sense.... Big fan of LG!

Edited by fairwayhunter31, 19 November 2012 - 01:06 PM.

TM SLDR 460 11.5
Adams Tight Lies Tour 15.5
Adams Idea Pro 21 / Pro DHY 24
Cleveland 588 CB 5-P
Cleveland 588 RTX Raw 52 & 58
Odyssey ProType #6

#59 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 20,474 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
GolfWRX Likes : 962

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

View Posttbowles411, on 08 November 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

Do players do that?  I mean, if they're sponsored by company X do they sport other OEM gear?  Honest question...

Would you if a company was paying you millions of $$$$$ each year???  I think not...

#60 Vindog

Vindog

• Advanced Members
  • 12,374 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 19 November 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

View Posttbowles411, on 08 November 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

Do players do that?  I mean, if they're sponsored by company X do they sport other OEM gear?  Honest question...

Would you if a company was paying you millions of $$$$$ each year???  I think not...

ooof...I shudder to think about whether or not The Swoosh has sleeper cells hanging around to bust me in Adidas gear at the local CC.

I'm paranoid enough already.

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors