Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

A HEAVY R-flex shaft???


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

    Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 14,708 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Maine
  • Handicap:4.8
GolfWRX Likes : 5082

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

Well, there is the NV 85...and what else? By heavy, I mean 80+ grams. Just looking to experiment.

Mizuno JPX EZ 9.5/Fujikura Speeder TS 6.3
Adams Super LS 15/Kuro Kage Black 70x
Adams Super LS 19, 22/Kuro Kage Silver 80x
Mizuno Mp 53 4-9/Tour Concept s300
Titleist SM4 48, 54, 60/Dynamic Gold r400
Odyssey White Ice #7
Srixon Z-Star XV Yellow
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 kell

kell

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95696
  • Joined: 10/02/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

hard to find one,look at ust.

#3 HateTheHighDraw

HateTheHighDraw

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129124
  • Joined: 05/20/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 220

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

Ya UST

#4 haydos

haydos

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100389
  • Joined: 12/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

Nunchuk

#5 Ri_Redneck

Ri_Redneck

    Leather for Life!!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31808
  • Joined: 06/15/2007
  • Location:New England
GolfWRX Likes : 390

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

View PostMadGolfer76, on 08 November 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

Well, there is the NV 85...and what else? By heavy, I mean 80+ grams. Just looking to experiment.

VS Proto 80 R, NV 85 & VooDoo RVS7 (81gm) are the heaviest I'm aware of. The V2 75 is the heaviest R with UST The old GD Purple Ice came in an R at 85gms, but you can't hardly find them any more. You want a heavy soft shaft, go with steel.

BT

Cobra ACP w/ ATX Red 65 TX,
Bio Cell 3-4/13.5* 7Q3 S
AC 3-4/16* w/ 7Q3 S, 5-7/19* w/ 8Q3 S
Titleist 695CB 4-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 R
PT#1 Natural Touch Macassar Ebony (rotate)
PT#2 Natural Touch Afzelia Burl (rotate)
Mizuno MP-T4 50-6 & 56-12

#6 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

    Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 14,708 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Maine
  • Handicap:4.8
GolfWRX Likes : 5082

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostRi_Redneck, on 08 November 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

View PostMadGolfer76, on 08 November 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

Well, there is the NV 85...and what else? By heavy, I mean 80+ grams. Just looking to experiment.

VS Proto 80 R, NV 85 & VooDoo RVS7 (81gm) are the heaviest I'm aware of. The V2 75 is the heaviest R with UST The old GD Purple Ice came in an R at 85gms, but you can't hardly find them any more. You want a heavy soft shaft, go with steel.

BT

Thanks. I might try some steel. Been a while...
Mizuno JPX EZ 9.5/Fujikura Speeder TS 6.3
Adams Super LS 15/Kuro Kage Black 70x
Adams Super LS 19, 22/Kuro Kage Silver 80x
Mizuno Mp 53 4-9/Tour Concept s300
Titleist SM4 48, 54, 60/Dynamic Gold r400
Odyssey White Ice #7
Srixon Z-Star XV Yellow
WITB Link

#7 Awalkspoiled

Awalkspoiled

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,073 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3924
  • Joined: 07/30/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 115

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

From Matrix, in ascending order of price: Studio Series 84 and 94, Kujoh 85, Radix 8HD, Ozik HD8 and HD9, Code 8
Taylormade 300 Tour Holy Grail/6Q3
Cally XHP 15/Altus
Cally XHP 18/23/ Saga/Altus hb
5-GW RBT/Program 95/130
Scratch D/D 54/Program 130
Bettinardi QB3

#8 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

    Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 14,708 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Maine
  • Handicap:4.8
GolfWRX Likes : 5082

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostAwalkspoiled, on 08 November 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

From Matrix, in ascending order of price: Studio Series 84 and 94, Kujoh 85, Radix 8HD, Ozik HD8 and HD9, Code 8

Awesome! Thanks.

Don't know if the 3-bill price tag is appropriate for an experiment, though.
Mizuno JPX EZ 9.5/Fujikura Speeder TS 6.3
Adams Super LS 15/Kuro Kage Black 70x
Adams Super LS 19, 22/Kuro Kage Silver 80x
Mizuno Mp 53 4-9/Tour Concept s300
Titleist SM4 48, 54, 60/Dynamic Gold r400
Odyssey White Ice #7
Srixon Z-Star XV Yellow
WITB Link

#9 Awalkspoiled

Awalkspoiled

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,073 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3924
  • Joined: 07/30/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 115

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostMadGolfer76, on 08 November 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

View PostAwalkspoiled, on 08 November 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

From Matrix, in ascending order of price: Studio Series 84 and 94, Kujoh 85, Radix 8HD, Ozik HD8 and HD9, Code 8

Awesome! Thanks.

Don't know if the 3-bill price tag is appropriate for an experiment, though.

Definitely not, but the Studio 94 is an excellent shaft - go half a flex softer than usual with it
Taylormade 300 Tour Holy Grail/6Q3
Cally XHP 15/Altus
Cally XHP 18/23/ Saga/Altus hb
5-GW RBT/Program 95/130
Scratch D/D 54/Program 130
Bettinardi QB3

#10 kell

kell

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95696
  • Joined: 10/02/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

What is the launch and spin on studio 94 in R?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest


Hi there. Wondering why this box is in your way from continuing to read down this awesome thread? Just join for free and you will never see it again.




#11 ode1

ode1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98193
  • Joined: 11/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Other than the ones listed:

Graman has several g80, 85, 95:

http://www.victorycu...man/shafts.aspx

Sk Fiber Tour Trac 80. 90, 100:

http://www.skfiber.com/specs.html

Grafalloy comp nt 85, fujikura vista tour 80 or 90, graphite design ys8,9,10 if you can find any of these.

If you are looking for a fwy. wood there are fwy. wood specific shafts and there are a few out there that are heavier.

A cheap option would be the aldila vx

forgot about the aldila dvs 80

#12 Ri_Redneck

Ri_Redneck

    Leather for Life!!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31808
  • Joined: 06/15/2007
  • Location:New England
GolfWRX Likes : 390

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

View Postode1, on 08 November 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

Other than the ones listed:

Graman has several g80, 85, 95:

http://www.victorycu...man/shafts.aspx

Sk Fiber Tour Trac 80. 90, 100:

http://www.skfiber.com/specs.html

Grafalloy comp nt 85, fujikura vista tour 80 or 90, graphite design ys8,9,10 if you can find any of these.

If you are looking for a fwy. wood there are fwy. wood specific shafts and there are a few out there that are heavier.

A cheap option would be the aldila vx

forgot about the aldila dvs 80

I saw this Comp NT 85 R on ebay this week. The GD 8.1 and higher do not come in R and the S flex is around 265 cpm. I DID see one GD Purple Ice in R and was thinking of getting it myself, but decided against it. The VS Proto is the softest of all the ones mentioned and the torque is low enough that it stays very stable.

BT
Cobra ACP w/ ATX Red 65 TX,
Bio Cell 3-4/13.5* 7Q3 S
AC 3-4/16* w/ 7Q3 S, 5-7/19* w/ 8Q3 S
Titleist 695CB 4-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 R
PT#1 Natural Touch Macassar Ebony (rotate)
PT#2 Natural Touch Afzelia Burl (rotate)
Mizuno MP-T4 50-6 & 56-12

#13 ode1

ode1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98193
  • Joined: 11/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostRi_Redneck, on 08 November 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

View Postode1, on 08 November 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

Other than the ones listed:

Graman has several g80, 85, 95:

http://www.victorycu...man/shafts.aspx

Sk Fiber Tour Trac 80. 90, 100:

http://www.skfiber.com/specs.html

Grafalloy comp nt 85, fujikura vista tour 80 or 90, graphite design ys8,9,10 if you can find any of these.

If you are looking for a fwy. wood there are fwy. wood specific shafts and there are a few out there that are heavier.

A cheap option would be the aldila vx

forgot about the aldila dvs 80

I saw this Comp NT 85 R on ebay this week. The GD 8.1 and higher do not come in R and the S flex is around 265 cpm. I DID see one GD Purple Ice in R and was thinking of getting it myself, but decided against it. The VS Proto is the softest of all the ones mentioned and the torque is low enough that it stays very stable.

BT

Good point about the gd ys shafts.   I've played one gd pi 85 R flex and it was true to flex, high launch and low torque, pretty rare combo.  Have also heard good things about the vs proto 70,  but have never played it, but it's on the list:).

#14 Awalkspoiled

Awalkspoiled

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,073 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3924
  • Joined: 07/30/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 115

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

View Postkell, on 08 November 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

What is the launch and spin on studio 94 in R?

View Postkell, on 08 November 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

What is the launch and spin on studio 94 in R?

A little lower than Altus, and of course not as smooth. Spin is pretty low but plenty to keep the ball in the air, especially in shorter FWs. I have one in my 5w which I didn't bring down with me last week - used that 17° i15 hybrid in that spot. Not sure they have much stock at Matrix but I'll give them a call if you like.
Taylormade 300 Tour Holy Grail/6Q3
Cally XHP 15/Altus
Cally XHP 18/23/ Saga/Altus hb
5-GW RBT/Program 95/130
Scratch D/D 54/Program 130
Bettinardi QB3




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors