Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Swing Compilation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 strick13

strick13

√(-1) <3 Golf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 196780
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

Here a multiple swings from today with my driver and 7 iron. I feel like I'm taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back all the time. Feedback would be lovely.

For driver, swings #3 and #4 were the best, and I really had no good iron shots.

Ping Anser 9.5* Diamana 'ahina 70S
Ping Anser 14.5* TFC 800FS
Ping i20 20* TFC 707-HS
Mizuno MX-23
WITB Link
Scotty Cameron Newport Mil-Spec
Ping Anser 52*/58* DG Spinner

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 TrevorD13

TrevorD13

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126688
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

I used to have the same position at the top of your backswing.....I shortened it dramatically and its worked wonders for me.  go to youtube and look at pro swing on swing vision.  90% of them have a much shorter backswing that you and I used to.  try it. hope it helps

#3 rickbgolfer

rickbgolfer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107728
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

I don't really like your lower body movement. Let's start off with the back swing. Your left knee should go inwards and towards the ball. When you drop your knee down your left hip moves down as well. Your right knee drops a bit as well. Then you thrust upwards hard... Leaving yourself with no room near impact. You need to have more room to hit the ball at impact. Try maintaining the knee flex in your right side through the swing.

#4 mcharlton

mcharlton

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135905
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

Is it just the camera angle, or are your shoulders very closed?? ... It looks like your shoulders are aiming way right, and your pulling the ball back onto the target line

#5 akiracornell

akiracornell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 195590
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

Yah your hip thrust looks like it would cause alot of inconsistencies. A swing thought to smooth that out is to rotat your hips parallel to the ground.  Think of your right hip bone rotating flat and around. Not going down and yanking up with your legs. Just a nice tight flat turn. Let the release of the club generate the speed. You need a stable foundation. Look at ernie els or freddie couples. Your distance and accuracy will increase with less swing speed if your hitting the center of the clubface. You are not swinging within yourself. I bet you would gain distance if you swung and released easier letting the clubhead do the more of the work.  I can hit a nice easy center of the face draw futher at 90mph;  than and off centered massive fade at well over 100mph. And thats not an exageration. I can swing 108. Its always a gamble where it ends up. But when i swing in the 90s i put right where i want it 250+. Or atleast it feels like 90. Its probably higher cuz relese is more pure

Edited by akiracornell, 09 November 2012 - 06:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors